Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If Roman was still there I'd be very confident that Tuchel would be gone before the World Cup. Don't know enough about Boehly yet to guess whether or not he will sack Tuchel soon.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We were so, so bad today.
You guys were so bad. Actually had no clue how you were trying to play. I understand there are some injuries but it was quite bad. Team is also severely imbalanced. I don't think fofana is going to resolve your attacking issues.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
If Roman was still there I'd be very confident that Tuchel would be gone before the World Cup. Don't know enough about Boehly yet to guess whether or not he will sack Tuchel soon.
They have no attachment to him they didn't hire him. He's by far the easiest person to blame/remove.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Imagine watching that for an entire season. That was us (and possibly could still be)
Yeah I can’t get into a ‘we were bad’ Olympics with a United fan. I’m going to lose that one :wenger:

I just know what I saw today was utterly pathetic.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You guys were so bad. Actually had no clue how you were trying to play. I understand there are some injuries but it was quite bad. Team is also severely imbalanced. I don't think fofana is going to resolve your attacking issues.
I was trying to figure who was playing where as the game went on. We actually started the game pretty well but soon as we scored, it was a mess defensively and offensively. Disastrous game.

whitbyviking

Koulibaly seems a bullet well dodged at the previous price he was touted around for! Maybe even at the actual price too.

BerryBerryShrew

If Roman was still there then they would certainly have signed at least one half decent midfielder or attacker for the hundreds of millions that they spent. Tuchel is overrated but the signings have been terrible.

BerryBerryShrew

Havertz getting any criticism yet? I'm still not seeing this generational talent people speak of.
Good point. Jadon hasn't set the world on fire since he landed here but he's shown far more than Havertz while getting roundly criticised by the media.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Good point. Jadon hasn't set the world on fire since he landed here but he's shown far more than Havertz while getting roundly criticised by the media.
You can bet that will apply to all the signings. Casemiro, Anthony and particularly Martinez will be under intense scrutiny while far less will be said about any errors or loss of form of the likes of Fofana or Cucurella

Welbeckham

This is not true though. Havertz literally scored the UCL winning goal for Chelsea in 2021. Also, he scored 14 goals in all competitions last season, which is a pretty decent return.

Sancho is a bit soft and often struggles to make an impact in a game. If we pressed more aggressively and played more on the front foot, he would certainly show more than he has, but so far Havertz has shown more than Sancho.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Havertz getting any criticism yet? I'm still not seeing this generational talent people speak of.
Played in the wrong position. He just isnt a centre forward and never will be. His best games came when we played Timo up top and had him playing off him. Get a centre forward in and you'll see him flourish (maybe).

Our problems in attack all come from the Lukaku saga and how Marina & Cech were adamant in giving him one more season which was never feasible. Had they made the obvious decision to get him the feck out of our club from the off then we would have ended up with Jesus which was a complete no brainer. It also didn't help that after we lost out on Jesus, our owner Todd went all in on Rafinha who had already been tapped up by Barca and it was too late to hijack the other no brainer signing of Richarlison when that fell through.

Last edited:

BerryBerryShrew

Played in the wrong position. He just isnt a centre forward and I never will be. His best games come when we played Timo up top and had him playing off him. Get a centre forward in and you'll see him flourish (maybe).

Our problems in attack all come from the Lukaku saga and how Marina & Cech were adamant in giving him one more season which was never feasible. Had they made the obvious decision to get him the feck out of our club from the off then we would have ended up with Jesus which was a complete no brainer. It also didn't help that after we lost out on Jesus, our owner Todd went all in on Rafinha who had already been tapped up by Barca and it was too late to hijack the other no brainer signing of Richarlison when that fell through.
Glad to see that Chelsea fans are starting to see that Marina "Drinkwater, Kepa, Lukaku, Bakayoko" Granovskaia wasn't quite the greatest transfer genius the world had ever seen contrary to what was being said previously. Mind you, Toddy is making an even bigger mess these days. Someone needs to tell him that he can sign players in positions other than centre back before the window closes.

BerryBerryShrew

This is not true though. Havertz literally scored the UCL winning goal for Chelsea in 2021. Also, he scored 14 goals in all competitions last season, which is a pretty decent return.

Sancho is a bit soft and often struggles to make an impact in a game. If we pressed more aggressively and played more on the front foot, he would certainly show more than he has, but so far Havertz has shown more than Sancho.
I can't pretend that I've watched Havertz religiously but he just looks so mediocre whenever I see him. Sancho at least looks like he would light up in a well functioning side whereas I don't see anything in Havertz. They both still have time to come good though.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Havertz has often played up front as a sort of false 9, so he obviously will have better stats than Sancho. Apart from that UCL final goal, he's done very little of note. Which is also true of Sancho, though the latter's progress seems to be going in the right direction, whereas Havertz seems to be stagnating.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Would be on brand for big Boehly to bid 60m+ for Gordon tomorrow wouldn’t it? :nervous: :(

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Not necessarily Frenkie, but TT has tonight said we need to find solutions to our midfield issues. All dropping like flies, even RLC is out now with his hammy.
Not many options out there this late into the window, wonder what they'll go for.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Werner with 4 in 4 for his new club too.
Tuchel doesn’t know how to use forwards.

Sterling will do great for them playing wide, but for their striker they’d be better going for a cheaper Firmino type striker rather than an out and out CF.

Maybe someone like Rodrigo from Leeds could do a job for them there?

Status
Not open for further replies.