Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Sterling isn’t equal to Werner!? What!?
Werner contributed a lot including being a big part of our CL win, great work rate, unfairly maligned generally imo, he was decent for us.

Despite poor finishing and frustrating marginal offside goals continually.

Could have improved more but seemingly fell out with Tuchel. Will show his quality again back in Germany.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Werner contributed a lot including being a big part of our CL win, great work rate, unfairly maligned generally imo, he was decent for us.

Despite poor finishing and frustrating marginal offside goals continually.

Could have improved more but seemingly fell out with Tuchel. Will show his quality again back in Germany.
Sterling is class. Sorry to say but he’s a brilliant signing.

redsunited

I'm delighted they're signing Aubameyang. Past it player who is frequently ill-disciplined got dropped as captain. Stuck on a 2 year contract too.
They did well. It could have been worse. Currently his contract is 3 years left with Barca. Signing lesser duration contract especially at fag end of his career is strange from Auba's agent, unless the wage hike makes up for it.

Pronewbie

Peep
They did well. It could have been worse. Currently his contract is 3 years left with Barca. Signing lesser duration contract especially at fag end of his career is strange from Auba's agent, unless the wage hike makes up for it.
Maybe the signing-on fee and/or wage increase covers the extra year, opening up the potential for yet another high-wage contract for Auba.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Fit Chilwell should start ahead of Cucerella, on what seen so far.
Fofana ahead of Christensen (presuming comes back from injury ok),
Rudi over Koulibaly,
Werner and Sterling pretty equal,
Lukaku and Auba pretty equal depending on how they're used tactically.

Not seeing much upgrade other than Fofana possibly.
Werner and Sterling pretty equal? OK then. I think there's no point discussing this with you because I think that's mental.

United Hobbit

How much have they spent? They seem to be spending loads, yet I don't recall any major sales? What about ffp?

United Hobbit

We've spend about 240 million, have sold about 40 million (according to Transfermarkt). So far.

FFP isn't a thing really.
Scary numbers, I know we've spent big on Antony particularly but you seem to be going after anyone and anyone, didn't you have a transfer ban recently? I can't remember what for?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Scary numbers, I know we've spent big on Antony particularly but you seem to be going after anyone and anyone, didn't you have a transfer ban recently? I can't remember what for?
We've lost 2 CBs, a left back, a right wing/forward and a centre forward. We've bought 2 CBs, a left back, a right wing/forward and a centre back.

We've been linked with everyone and their dog on Twitter outside of online morons making shit up for clicks, we've had pretty specific targets.

We got banned a few years ago for making dodgy payments to underage players.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Zakaria? I have not seen him play in more than a year. Is this good? Are there still knee issues?

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Meh, Zakaria smells like a Saul-type panicky signing. Don't think he'll be very useful to us but at least it's only a loan so we can send him packing if he's not good. Not on high wages and Juve only paid €8M for him so I don't think the fee for a one year loan will be a significant amount either.

I'd say it's a very low risk - medium reward type of thing. At the very minimum he offers another pair of legs in midfield to cover for injuries and if he turns out to be good enough to start a decent number of games it's all the better.

Would have ideally hoped for someone a little bit better and was starting to warm up to the idea of Alvarez but a short term loan fix could even prove to be a better idea in the end because this way we'll have more time to plan for the bigger money midfield signings for the upcoming windows, whether it's for January or next summer.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
He’s not been playing regularly for Juve so I assume it’s not worked out that well.
Replaced Saul well I assume but he has more physical attributes like height. Late sub to defend corners. :lol:

macheda14

Here’s my crazy prediction for the season. Pochettino will be Chelsea manager before the end of the season.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Here’s my crazy prediction for the season. Pochettino will be Chelsea manager before the end of the season.
More chance of ETH to be replaced by pochettino at the end of the season.

macheda14

More chance of ETH to be replaced by pochettino at the end of the season.
If (it’s a big big if, because I think you’ll sort yourself out) Tuchel continues this terrible run of form, Poch is the only available manager

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
If (it’s a big big if, because I think you’ll sort yourself out) Tuchel continues this terrible run of form, Poch is the only available manager
Yes we made a terrible start.But tuchel already done that to turn the season around in his first season itself. So I won't worry much about our results.

We let 160 mn(Lukaku,Werner and Barkley) worth of investment to go because he don't think it will work out.

Then spend some 300 mn to the squad on his request. Todd want to do long term. And don't think tuchel get his way if Todd didn't trust him in first place.

Talks are ongoing to extend his contract and Todd was the one initiate the talks as rumour to be believed. Tuchel won't go anywhere any time soon.

macheda14

Yes we made a terrible start.But tuchel already done that to turn the season around in his first season itself. So I won't worry much about our results.

We let 160 mn(Lukaku,Werner and Barkley) worth of investment to go because he don't think it will work out.

Then spend some 300 mn to the squad on his request. Todd want to do long term. And don't think tuchel get his way if Todd didn't trust him in first place.

Talks are ongoing to extend his contract and Todd was the one initiate the talks as rumour to be believed. Tuchel won't go anywhere any time soon.
My post was obviously tongue in cheek, but your form hasn’t just been a bad start, it’s been bad for a whole lot longer than that. You’re no longer owned by quite a trigger happy owner, but if things don’t improve sharpish the pressure will build. Just because he turned you around in his first season doesn’t mean he’ll do it again with players who have now played under him for a fair bit.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
No fecking way they'll sack him after all he's spent, he should still have a bit of credit left in the bank for his cl win.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
My post was obviously tongue in cheek, but your form hasn’t just been a bad start, it’s been bad for a whole lot longer than that. You’re no longer owned by quite a trigger happy owner, but if things don’t improve sharpish the pressure will build. Just because he turned you around in his first season doesn’t mean he’ll do it again with players who have now played under him for a fair bit.
Of course any thing is not guaranteed in football but there is reason for last season form and this season form at the start.

He got his choice of players now and logically speaking he has more chance to turn things around with his own choice of players than let it slip away.

Anyway we will see what will happen. If i am right we will comfortably at 2 nd place before world cup window.

macheda14

Of course any thing is not guaranteed in football but there is reason for last season form and this season form at the start.

He got his choice of players now and logically speaking he has more chance to turn things around with his own choice of players than let it slip away.

Anyway we will see what will happen. If i am right we will comfortably at 2 nd place before world cup window.
He has his players now? So you think Fofana, Zakaria and Aubameyang will get you to 2nd? Comfortably.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
He has his players now? So you think Fofana, Zakaria and Aubameyang will get you to 2nd? Comfortably.
I think so. We have pace now in all areas and from defense to midfield to attack which we lack last season and start of this season. Now we have added physicality as well.

As I said no guarantees in football but I believe now we have enough to make things click. Also now tuchel can concentrate on coaching as this transfer window was finally over. We will see.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Funny how life pans out sometimes.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
If there's no buy-back clause on Gilmour then I'll be fuming.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Our overall last season to this season squad wise.

Rudi->Koulibaly
Alonso->cucurella
Lukaku->aubameyang/broja
Werner->sterling
Christensen->fofana
Saul->Zakaria/Gallagher

We didn't replace cho but rlc getting into good form will be like new signing and also able cover for Reece/azpi.

Posh Red

Comfortably second place is a very bold prediction.

Remember the geese

They will be scrapping for top 4 with Arsenal, Spurs and hopefully ourselves. I assume that Liverpool will pick up and be an automatic with City, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.