Chelsea 2022/2023 | THIS IS LAST YEARS THREAD YOU NUMPTIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suedesi

Their forward line isn't great, to be honest. Aubameyang looks past it (although, we already knew that from his time at Arsenal); he can score goals but doesn't really contribute anything else. I feel Sterling has lost something, also; he doesn't seem as explosive in his acceleration or his change of direction. Havertz is truly terrible (think he is worse than Werner, actually). Ziyech wants to leave and is uninterested. Pulisic is pretty poor. Broja - don't know enough about him, but young and inexperienced. Not great options.

They have no replacement for James, either, which makes it worse. No attacking from their RWB until he is back. They are in a similar situation with Chilwell, also - Cucurella is primarily defensive and has looked awful on top of that.

They need a very good transfer window in the future.
I feel Sterling never had 'it' - decent footballer, awful finisher.

In a team that doesn't create as much as City, I could see him stink the place up

Here's Sterling's finishing last year:

It's even worse than I thought

TheReligion

Abusive
I think it’s a case of both of you looking at things with a more hopeful outlook for your own clubs than you would for the opponent, which is fair enough, we are football fans at the end of the day.
Id say I’m commenting on what I’m seeing though. It’s actually based on something.

Surely that’s the difference?

TheReligion

Abusive
Blimey, there's Chelsea fans ringing in TalkSport saying Potter isn't the right man. Although I agree he's not a top manager, he's still undefeated so far despite it being underwhelming. Reminds me a bit like Ole's long underwhelming undefeated record.
I like and rate Potter. He’s not been able to get his players in has he?

Not his fault Chelsea has been so chaotic this summer. Spent at fortune on players for a different system and manager only to sack said manager and appoint Potter after the window shut.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I think to suggest Chelsea are going about things better than United in terms of their transition is a little premature. United have added Eriksen, Martinez, Malacia, Casemiro and Antony with all improving the first XI and squad drastically. Chelsea spent more money and in my opinion got much less.

Now you have Potter you’ll need to continue to heavily spend. United will get the other pieces Ten Hag needs but there’s really not that much. A replacement for Ronaldo and a fully fit Martial and I think the team goes up a level again.
You are aware you were outspent by us by a mere £600,000 total right? You make it sound dramatic. We spent too much though, I won’t argue with that. As for our team I’d argue an attacking midfielder and a focal point would have us competing for the top 2 positions again, a Fabregas/Costa would thrive in our team, we are impotent and struggle to assert ourselves in the final 3rd.

For what it’s worth, I believe Chelsea will continue to sign up and coming players with a view to a long term strategy. They’ll probably go in for Gvardiol again and we have possibly already signed Nkunku (who knows). It’ll be a few years before we see major improvements in my honest opinion.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's this...

That person who quoted the vague tweet is about tier one million.
How on earth is that a "huge" story?
Your fans jeered our man going off injured. Goon fans will be goon fans.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
How on earth is that a "huge" story?
Your fans jeered our man going off injured. Goon fans will be goon fans.
Varane absolutely got boos as he walked off, very shitty behaviour of course.

Homophobic abuse in the current climate is a juicier story for the media though.

Edit, my sources are telling me the "huge story" could actually be about a Stadium expansion at Stamford Bridge.

Last edited:

duffer

Scout
Anyway, how good was Chalobah though? Really pleased he's getting a chance and his record is intact (29 starts for Chelsea, never lost other than a penalty shoot out after a 0-0).

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Reece down changes both attack and defence. We definitely need more than him, but we are much better at both when he is on the pitch. Our recruiting has been shit outside Silva and I think Fofana will come good. Every forward position we have spent loads of money on have underperformed. Werner, Havertz, Sterling, Ziyech…Pulisic has had some patches of goodness, but mostly along for the ride. We will not mention the player that both Marina and Cech wanted to force to stay this year. We better start getting the right players or we will not be challenging for anything in years to come. Top four is still attainable and who knows what can happen in a cup competition. It is easy to see the league is a done possibility before Christmas.

TheReligion

Abusive
You are aware you were outspent by us by a mere £600,000 total right? You make it sound dramatic. We spent too much though, I won’t argue with that. As for our team I’d argue an attacking midfielder and a focal point would have us competing for the top 2 positions again, a Fabregas/Costa would thrive in our team, we are impotent and struggle to assert ourselves in the final 3rd.

For what it’s worth, I believe Chelsea will continue to sign up and coming players with a view to a long term strategy. They’ll probably go in for Gvardiol again and we have possibly already signed Nkunku (who knows). It’ll be a few years before we see major improvements in my honest opinion.
You kind of miss the point somewhat. United were always going to spend given it was Ten Hag’s first window. The club needed to start getting his players in.

Chelsea on the other hand spent a phenomenal amount of money on a mixture of players that didn’t fit any specific plan and then went on to sack their manager after the window closed and appoint another coach with a different philosophy who now has to magic it all together. It’s been a complete clusterfeck.

United, on the other hand, seem to be getting things together in terms of recruitment, direction and strategy both on and off the pitch.

That’s why I find it strange you assume Chelsea will race ahead and United crumble in the future.

largelyworried

Not seem anything that makes me think Potter has done much other than improve the mood so far. Looks the same team as before, with the same strengths and weaknesses - decent in possession, tentative going forward. I still see no reason to think they're any better than us.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Homophobic abuse in the current climate is a juicier story for the media though.

Edit, my sources are telling me the "huge story" could actually be about a Stadium expansion at Stamford Bridge.
It’s about Ronaldo :lol:

MUFC OK

Worst Chelsea team we are ever likely to face away from home. Missed opportunity to win but at least we won on some of the stats.

MUFC OK

Not seem anything that makes me think Potter has done much other than improve the mood so far. Looks the same team as before, with the same strengths and weaknesses - decent in possession, tentative going forward. I still see no reason to think they're any better than us.
But he’s what, 5 games in? Yet we’re not judging ten hag after 13 or so matches. Not a fair take.

Chief123

You kind of miss the point somewhat. United were always going to spend given it was Ten Hag’s first window. The club needed to start getting his players in.

Chelsea on the other hand spent a phenomenal amount of money on a mixture of players that didn’t fit any specific plan and then went on to sack their manager after the window closed and appoint another coach with a different philosophy who now has to magic it all together. It’s been a complete clusterfeck.

United, on the other hand, seem to be getting things together in terms of recruitment, direction and strategy both on and off the pitch.

That’s why I find it strange you assume Chelsea will race ahead and United crumble in the future.
What’s strange is Chelsea have just had their biggest ever transfer spend in a window just 1 year after winning the European cup, yet they are somehow the worst Chelsea team I can remember post-Roman days.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive

Assume he wasn’t just being booed? Perhaps because he was upset some homophobic comments were made?

duffer

Scout
What’s strange is Chelsea have just had their biggest ever transfer spend in a window just 1 year after winning the European cup, yet we’ve somehow just come up against the worst Chelsea team I can remember.
You must want Ten Hag out if he can barely scrape a draw against such a bunch of shitters and are below them in the league.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They may as well since Auba is just a worse version of what Ronaldo is now
Yeah but the idea is to improve, not move sideways. You can keep your problem players to yourselves :wenger:

Chief123

You must want Ten Hag out if he can barely scrape a draw against such a bunch of shitters and are below them in the league.
Bit illogical mate. Liverpool just lost to the team bottom of the league.

Genuine question, which chelsea team has been worse than the current one in recent times since Roman took over?

duffer

Scout
Bit illogical mate. Liverpool just lost to the team bottom of the league.

Genuine question, which chelsea team has been worse than the current one in recent times since Roman took over?
The one that finished 10th a few years back. They were much worse.

We're 4th and top of our Champions league group. Unbeaten in 8 and only a few hours ago were a minute away from beating the mighty Manchester United.

Acole9

Outstanding
Cucurella has been a poor signing. Brighton must be laughing their heads off at fleecing them for a player who's had one decent season.

TheReligion

Abusive
Cucurella has been a poor signing. Brighton must be laughing their heads off at fleecing them for a player who's had one decent season.
He’s a good player but was never worth £62m. City knew it that’s why they lost interest.

Chelsea massively overspent on every signing they made this summer even if they aren’t bad players on paper.

Chief123

The one that finished 10th a few years back. They were much worse.

We're 4th and top of our Champions league group. Unbeaten in 8 and only a few hours ago were a minute away from beating the mighty Manchester United.
Disagree. That team had Courtois, Ivanovic, Azpi, Terry, Zouma, Fabregas, Oscar, Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Diego Costa.

You’d take this team over that one? Strange.

You were bad that season because Jose had a meltdown.

We finished 2nd under ole yet this team is better than that one.

duffer

Scout
I’m wondering why the club has condemned homophobic comments following the game then?

Something has been reported of that nature to the club.
Because some Man United fans were chanting "Chelsea Rentboys".

Chelsea fans giving Varane the boos is also idiot, braindead behaviour but they're unrelated.

Chief123

They finished 10th, they were shite that year, by far the worst side since Roman took over.
No chance. That same core of players you are saying were shite went on to be champions the next year.

duffer

Scout
No chance. That same core of players you are saying were shite went on to be champions the next year.
They were shite that season. It's not my opinion, they were the worst Chelsea side since Roman took over by every metric that matters.

If this current lot finishes 11th or lower then fair enough.

TheReligion

Abusive
Because some Man United fans were chanting "Chelsea Rentboys".

Chelsea fans giving Varane the boos is also idiot, braindead behaviour but they're unrelated.
Why would Chelsea be releasing a statement then? Makes no sense. The club who’s fans made the comments would normally do that.

duffer

Scout
Why would Chelsea be releasing a statement then? Makes no sense. The club who’s fans made the comments would normally do that.
I agree it would be better coming from the Man United twitter but as yet nothing.

The official Man United LGBT supporters group made a statement and I'd imagine we'll get something official from Man United tomorrow, hopefully with some bans.

TheReligion

Abusive
I agree it would be better coming from the Man United twitter but as yet nothing.

The official Man United LGBT supporters group made a statement and I'd imagine we'll get something official from Man United tomorrow, hopefully with some bans.

Still no idea why Chelsea are releasing a statement on the matter?

Will see what United have to say tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.