Chelsea 2023/24 season thread.

Zed is not dead

The one that looks like he has a complete inability to score a goal? He looks dangerous, is incredibly athletic but there's a reason Chelsea are struggling to score.
You should read the PL gameday thread for a bit of fun.
There were comparisons between Jackson and Rashford, ecstatic praise of Enzo and Poch, as well as some posters envious of Chelsea’s operating model.
All this based off a good 20min in the first half…

For my part I’m really curious to see what Poch will be able to do with that team. They have a lot of talent, but talent is always gamble and they lack leaders and experienced players.
Also for all they spent their bench doesn’t look impressive.

They’ll have some great games where everything goes their way and everyone plays full flow, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a couple disastrous games in the season

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Plays 4231 all preseason and looks good.

Starts the season with 3 at the back and look garbage.

cyberman

88 m player? Did you read what I said? There are decent young strikers in the market for not a lot of money, after all., thats what I said.What's Mudryk got to do with anything?
No, I remember posts about how player x was who we should have signed etc etc.
Nothing to do with price.
I honestly don’t think you’d be posting like this if he played for us, we just lost v 10 men with 4 shots on target from 17 shots.
We would be told how he was the cheap option etc etc.
my point is we just have to wait.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
All last season they were complete shit in both boxes but actually mostly very good in the middle of the pitch.

So naturally they go out and get a bargain bin keeper, centre back and striker, while spunking all the big money on their midfield.

Rockets Redglare

Isn't that what Rasmus is? Incredibly athletic but still not hitting goal numbers because he is young? (20), Jackson was 21 just a couple of months ago.
Hojlund hasn’t even played for us yet so how can you compare?
Also Jackson is 22, not that it really matters.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I know we don’t do contracts very well at United but Imagine having most of this shite on 8 year contracts.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Plays 4231 all preseason and looks good.

Starts the season with 3 at the back and look garbage.
I don't get it either. No Nkunku, no hope seemingly. All the money spent and we're light in attack. 3 bits of awful defending for their goals today.

Zed is not dead

No, I remember posts about how player x was who we should have signed etc etc.
Nothing to do with price.
I honestly don’t think you’d be posting like this if he played for us, we just lost v 10 men with 4 shots on target from 17 shots.
We would be told how he was the cheap option etc etc.
my point is we just have to wait.
Preach! We should just wait to see how the season unfolds and which players will live up to its talent

FortunaUtd

So their 250m € midfield pairing contributed to the West Ham game by missing a pen and conceding one.

You love to see it. :drool:

90 + 5min

This is nothing strange. Average manager having a team with average young players. No leaders. On top of that players the club have bought for lot of money. Dissaster.

If they change manager, keep the squad for 5 years, buy few leaders there might be some future for this club.

AndySmith1990

Who thought it was a good idea to build an entirely new team, and give everyone 8 year contracts? It's so reckless and unnecessary. It's the sort of stupid fantasy shit people do on FM

RVN1991

Still can't believe how many people tipped them for top four, even heard some people tip them for top 3.

Going from 12th to 6th would be a massively successful season for them, they still have a lot of holes despite the small fortune spent on signings.

ZainCRse7en

Mudryk hahaha. What a gargantuan waste of money. Plays like a school kid..miss timing his shots, falling on his backside, etc. Will take our Anthony and Sancho over him anyday. And that really says alot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I would ask how you can spend a billion and still look so lacking in so many areas....but those in glass houses...:nervous:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sterling is another one who is stealing a living at the moment. Tragic for awhile now

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Love it. They'll be fine, especially when Nkunku returns IMO, but it'll be a CL qualifying fight between a lot of teams. Once they go in a good run they'll have an advantage with no European football.

BerryBerryShrew

Wow, the over rating of players continues on here with Jackson.

A good player sure, but limited and no where near an elite level!
Ah, I remember the Mudryk posts like these after his debut at Anfield.
Good times
The one that looks like he has a complete inability to score a goal? He looks dangerous, is incredibly athletic but there's a reason Chelsea are struggling to score.
He was very cheap though. Rasmus was far more expensive, let alone Mudryk. His movement and hold up play make him worth far more than what they paid in the current market even if the goals don't flow directly from him.

Although he isn't as good as Isak: but then Isak was also far more expensive.

RuudTom83

They just need a CF really...Boehly should stop being such a tight-arse and get his wallet out.

chris123

Very early but Disasi, Jackson and Caicedo were all very poor. Colwill is incredibly talented but looks a bit too raw still to be trusted in a back 4. Lots of money spent but they haven't fixed the underlying issues with the squad.

Think you could make a really strong case they'd have been far better off spending 150M on just Osmihen than 200M + on what they've actually brought in.