Chelsea under Conte | Let's sign the next Hazard, literally.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Nobody has to do anything but certain things are expected of people in certain positions and/or situations, and people will be judged by their actions and/or comments. You do not have to cover your mouth when you cough in public, but not doing so makes you uncouth.

Its silly trying to justify Conte's actions using Costa as a standard. If Costa has behaved like shit, then Conte can be said to also be behaving like shit by stooping down to his level.
I'm not justifying anything because I don't think the manager has done anything wrong to begin with. What's silly is you making assumptions about things you know nothing about. Like how players are normally informed of club's decision to let them go.

cheeky_backheel

I'm not justifying anything because I don't think the manager has done anything wrong to begin with. What's silly is you making assumptions about things you know nothing about. Like how players are normally informed of club's decision to let them go.
Adrian Clarke (on Conte v Costa):"Why would a manager text someone 'you're not in my plans'? I'm not having it, why would a manager do that? You would at least phone them up"

According to you, he must also be silly and making assumptions about things he knows nothing about.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Adrian Clarke (on Conte v Costa):"Why would a manager text someone 'you're not in my plans'? I'm not having it, why would a manager do that? You would at least phone them up"

According to you, he must also be silly and making assumptions about things he knows nothing about.
Is that Talksport's Adrian Clarke? I think being a clueless and reactionary drama queen is a prerequisite to work for them.

cheeky_backheel

Is that Talksport's Adrian Clarke? I think being a clueless and reactionary drama queen is a prerequisite to work for them.
He might be clueless on a lot of things, but given how much Adrian Clarke bounced from club to club, he would know better than most about being told you are no longer in the manager's plans. He went as far as accusing Costa of making it up http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...sta-Antonio-Conte-text-message-rumours-gossip

Bottom line, it is not what is expected of a manager of Conte's level.

duffer

Scout
He might be clueless on a lot of things, but given how much Adrian Clarke bounced from club to club, he would know better than most about being told you are no longer in the manager's plans. He went as far as accusing Costa of making it up http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...sta-Antonio-Conte-text-message-rumours-gossip

Bottom line, it is not what is expected of a manager of Conte's level.
I agree, if Conte has sent Costa a text out of the blue telling him he is not wanted, that's shocking. I just don't believe that's what happened.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Looks like Collymore is not happy with how Costa was informed.

Costa
Speaking in the mixed zone, the 28-year-old said: "I'm a Chelsea player, but they do not want me there. Antonio Conte has told me by message that I do not follow at Chelsea and that's it. Conte said he did not count on me for next season.

"It's a shame, I've already forwarded the message to the Chelsea people to decide. But it is clear that the coach does not count on me and does not want me there. I'll have to find a team."

He then added to Cadena Ser following Spain's World Cup qualifying win over Macedonia on Sunday: "There are ways to do and say things... thank God that I’m not without a team.

Collymore
"It's not often that I find myself agreeing with Diego Costa - but he was absolutely right to make public the fact that Antonio Conte sent him a text telling him he was no longer in his plans," Collymore wrote in his column in The Mirror.

"This is the striker, remember, who had just helped Chelsea win the Premier League for a second time in three years.

"When you have spent three hours a day on the training ground with someone for a whole season, selected him on so many occasions, and patted him on the back when he has done the busness for you, then surely you owe him a phone call at the very least.

"Costa showed often last season that he can be a handful - but what Conte showed was cowardice of the highest order."

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I wouldn't tell Costa that he wasn't part of my plans face to face either.

I would text him from distance - preferably while he's in another country.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I agree, if Conte has sent Costa a text out of the blue telling him he is not wanted, that's shocking. I just don't believe that's what happened.
Wasn't the original story that Conte messaged the team thanking them for their hard work and reminding them to keep their fitness up over the summer, and Costa like a moron texted back something stupid (the exact wording of which I still haven't seen). Then Conte said he wasn't in his plans.

roonster09

Scout
Wasn't the original story that Conte messaged the team thanking them for their hard work and reminding them to keep their fitness up over the summer, and Costa like a moron texted back something stupid (the exact wording of which I still haven't seen). Then Conte said he wasn't in his plans.
Anything to back this up? Looks like made up scenario by Chelsea fans.

roonster09

Scout
That's one way of putting it. Another would be 'This was the original story put out by all the news sources', but hey..
Where? I didn't see anything that said Costa replied something stupid to Conte, news was reported when Costa gave interview after Spain game.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Where? I didn't see anything that said Costa replied something stupid to Conte, news was reported when Costa gave interview after Spain game.
You didn't see it? Oh, it mustn't have happened then..

Telegraph said:
Telegraph Sport understands the exchange between the pair took place at the start of the week and it was Costa’s reply to advice over what he should be doing during the summer that provoked Conte.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ecision-dump-diego-costa-text-threatens-cost/
BBC said:
The Italian manager had sent a text to his players wishing them a good holiday and telling them to stay fit and, after Costa replied in a jokey way, the 28-year-old was told he was no longer in the manager's plans.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40229168
Bleacher said:
Cross added that Conte sent messages to his players at the start of the week to inform them of his expectations over the summer to ensure they return fit for pre-season in July and that Costa's reply was "flippant and cheeky."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tonio-conte-text-message-to-chelsea-teammates

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
There's a story in the London Metro that Jose wants to sign Matic. The story also goes that Chelsea may be happy to let him go because Bakayoko is coming from Monaco. We'll see if it happens but Matic hasn't been so good the last couple of seasons compared to when he first returned. Jose maybe able to get a tune out of him but it would probably cost Utd £30-40m.

TJSF

Supports
Benfica
There's a story in the London Metro that Jose wants to sign Matic. The story also goes that Chelsea may be happy to let him go because Bakayoko is coming from Monaco. We'll see if it happens but Matic hasn't been so good the last couple of seasons compared to when he first returned. Jose maybe able to get a tune out of him but it would probably cost Utd £30-40m.
But Matic was one of the players that Mourinho threw under the bus while at Chelsea.

SirMattBugsby

Can't call him anything other than 'brute'. Watching him and Pepe makes me realize the reasons for which some people play football, even though their quality is unquestionable.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
You expected Chelsea to strength immediately after winning the league, as they should know it's gonna totally different next season. What do you read, instead? Caballero, Bakayoko and nothing more.

duffer

Scout
You expected Chelsea to strength immediately after winning the league, as they should know it's gonna totally different next season. What do you read, instead? Caballero, Bakayoko and nothing more.
We've been very heavily linked with Lukaku. How the did you miss that?

We can't all be like Arsenal and get world beaters like Kolasinac in early doors.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
We've been very heavily linked with Lukaku. How the did you miss that?

We can't all be like Arsenal and get world beaters like Kolasinac in early doors.
Yeah, forgot about it. You (and also us) have been quiet compared with City and United.

FujiVice

If Conte is smart, he'd run before the bullet hits him. Its never enough for Roman. He's going to sack him eventually.

FujiVice

And miss out on severance money?
If you've got the pull to attract the top jobs in the world, severance money means way less than the pride of walking out when you're feeling hard done by.

Just look at Moyes. He left Sunderland before the axe fell, because Barcelona would never hire him if he'd gotten the sack.

ilovethisgameahahah

Maybe he's pissed off with their director for pursuing players he doesn't want, like Mourinho was. It was reported a while back that Conte's no1 target was Morata but the board wanted Lukaku.