Chelsea under Conte | Let's sign the next Hazard, literally.

Womp

idiot
That place is run like a circus. Tbf though it's bought them continued success, so fair play.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Obviously he's just putting pressure on Roman to spend, to ensure they aren't left behind by their rivals. It's nothing crazy like him contemplating resigning, imo.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I wonder will Emenalo call him by his name in statement after he's sacked?

Paxi

Chelsea under Conte - palpable discord, again?

Paxi

Would be absolutely hilarious if Conte left over that, though it's definitely not going to happen.
You never know. Chelsea like to shoot themselves in the foot, it is known. Plus, Conte doesn't seem like the type to take any shit.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Article was saying possibly Tuchel.
And getting him players like Bakayoko & Lukaku, who possess rather average ball handling skills? Doesn't sound like a good idea for him or Chelsea, who'd soon have another discontent coach (and he can be quite petulant).

I just hope these reports are bullshit, but they don't come out of nowhere tbh.

salford_

my dad is fuming lol. Reckons it's much ado about nothing and just an indirect nudge to abramovich to spend some cash

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Conte strikes me as a bit of a mentalist. Only a matter of time between him and Roman get into an inevitable handbags.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It'll be ridiculous if he leaves because of Lukaku. :lol::lol:
It'll be more specifically the club not being proactive enough in the transfer market in general rather than just one player. It's the same frustration Jose had the summer before it all went tits up

What I would say is Chelsea aren't the only club struggling to do business this summer, everyone got a little too ahead of themselves getting caught up in City's early business and now even they've hit a brick wall with their moves for the likes of Mendy and Walker

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Rumours in both British and foreign press that his relationship with the board isn't the best.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Its been like this for a while, Abramovich has been spending responsibly trying to get things under order at Chelsea after pumping loads of money into the club.

The only problem is that there are two other teams in the League that can spend £100 million net every season without a hitch.

AkaAkuma

Conte's point of view: Costa is a liability and could implode at any point in the season

Chelsea's POV: a new DC, DML, DMR & CM are priorities and probably cost upwards of 120M - work with Costa and Batshuayi

Bojan11

Its been like this for a while, Abramovich has been spending responsibly trying to get things under order at Chelsea after pumping loads of money into the club.

The only problem is that there are two other teams in the League that can spend £100 million net every season without a hitch.
They have the money though. Didn't they sell Oscar for crazy money? They made the most in the premier league from TV revenue and obviously winning it.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
They have the money though. Didn't they sell Oscar for crazy money? They made the most in the premier league from TV revenue and obviously winning it.
Theyve had a small net spend in the past few years.

They already spent the Oscar money on their incomings in the season just gone, since Oscar left in January they would have taken his fee into account for the season.

I wouldnt be surprised if Chelsea have an underwhelming transfer season and they underperform as a result. Transfers have been a problem for Mourinho and Ancelotti at Chelsea.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
This would be one of the most bizarre decisions by Abramovich if it does happen. Conte is a brilliant manager and practically anyone that they get in his place will not be as good. As a rival fan, I hope he goes, but if I was a Chelsea fan, I'd be fuming

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Conte's point of view: Costa is a liability and could implode at any point in the season

Chelsea's POV: a new DC, DML, DMR & CM are priorities and probably cost upwards of 120M - work with Costa and Batshuayi
Don't know these abbrevations, what do they mean? (Edit: okay, probably central defender & wing-backs)

All in all it sounds like a reasonable explanation for possible differences on the transfer strategy - where did you get that from?

Last edited:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
This would be one of the most bizarre decisions by Abramovich if it does happen. Conte is a brilliant manager and practically anyone that they get in his place will not be as good. As a rival fan, I hope he goes, but if I was a Chelsea fan, I'd be fuming
You must not know Abramovich that well :lol:

AkaAkuma

Don't know these abbrevations, what do they mean? (Edit: okay, probably central defender & wing-backs)

All in all it sounds like a reasonable explanation for possible differences on the transfer strategy - where did you get that from?
They lack cover in all those positions - along with rumours throughout the season that Conte wanted to improve the wide areas, or atleast get some rotation.

They've been linked with Bakayoko(DM), Alex Sandro(DML), Dani Alves(DMR) amongst other players.

DML and DMR are probably not the correct abbreviations to use :)