Chelsea under Conte | Let's sign the next Hazard, literally.

Kurosawa

Supports
Liverpool
This would be one of the most bizarre decisions by Abramovich if it does happen. Conte is a brilliant manager and practically anyone that they get in his place will not be as good. As a rival fan, I hope he goes, but if I was a Chelsea fan, I'd be fuming
Is it really Abrahamovich's decision?

If people think Conte is posturing then there are in for a rude awakening. The guy quit his beloved Juve
over something similar and I'm 100% sure he'll quit Chelsea if he doesn't get his way.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Conte is the absurd cnut here not Abramovich.
Not really. He's in a position to ask for whatever he wants after grossly overachieving with that Chelsea squad last season.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Couldn't happen to a nicer club! Hopefully the stories are true. He would have been perfect for the Gooners.

midnightmare

Funny club. You win a league and you get sacked.
Not exactly true. Conte has history for this kind of thing. And here, it's not the club but he that's being absurd. It's just June for feck's sake! If he wants to quit (in mid-June) because the club doesn't feel Lukaku is worth 90 Mn, you've got to (for once) sympathize more with the club than him!

Ban

Not exactly true. Conte has history for this kind of thing. And here, it's not the club but he that's being absurd. It's just June for feck's sake! If he wants to quit (in mid-June) because the club doesn't feel Lukaku is worth 90 Mn, you've got to (for once) sympathize more with the club than him!
Hm it happened with Conte one time. With Chelsea several times. So I really can't sympathize with Chelsea at all. :)

AndyJ1985

Not really. He's in a position to ask for whatever he wants after grossly overachieving with that Chelsea squad last season.
He's not in a position to ask whatever he wants. It's not his money, he has no right to demand anything. And how is winning the league grossly overachieving when they won it only 2 seasons earlier?

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Roman wouldn't care if Conte went.

He has already proven he can win trophies with even borderline simpletons managing the team, so Conte threatening to quit will be met with less than total indifference.

Moonred

Nah it's rather childish if him remaining with the club is dependent on just signing Lukaku. The fact that Lukaku is priced at some ridiculous 100 million makes Abramovich's case stronger as for once he might be thinking straight.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
And the replacement is who? Thomas Tuchel?! The guy who fell out with the board and the players at Dortmund?! Good luck for him if he is going to replace Conte at Chelsea :lol:

RoyH1

Surely Chelsea has the doe to buy Lukaku and keep their PL winning manager happy?

It'd be mad if he leaves at this juncture.

Castia

Surely Chelsea has the doe to buy Lukaku and keep their PL winning manager happy?

It'd be mad if he leaves at this juncture.

It's probably too late in Abramovich' mind. You can't have a manager threatening to quit every time he doesn't get his own way. Lukaku isn't worth £100m no wonder they won't pay it, I don't blame them.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If he left Chelsea and fancied staying in the UK/London/EPL, on a scale of one to Claude, how pissed off would Arsenal fans be?

Castia

That's how Twitter bollocks works. Someone posts something silly and everyone else echoes it. All of a sudden its "news".
Di Marzio is reporting it, doesn't get more legit than that.

Edit: I see football Italia quoting Di Marzio...not sure it's legit without seeing the actual article.

WPMUFC

He won the Premier League, but the relationship has started to fray. The marriage between Chelsea and Antonio Conte is no longer rosy. The problem is that Chelsea have not made any transfer moves yet, but there are also other reasons. Now, the next few hours are decisive to understand Conte's future on the Chelsea bench. In the meantime, a diplomatic effort lead by those close to the coach and board is underway to try to avoid the end of the relationship
http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/chelsea-decisive-hours-ahead-for-contes-future-as-manager

damn, conte not messing around.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

InfiniteBoredom

Can you point to one instance when he's bullshitted when it comes to Italian players or managers/players or managers in Italian leagues?

I remember you being very defensive about Costa back in Jan too. Sure, he didn't end up going then but rift with Conte and Chinese interest turned out to be true.

Not everything during silly season is bollocks.

Needham

Conte is a tantrum thrower. Could be a power play between him and Abramovich. Even if Conte wins it'll render Roman more likely to dispatch him with haste at a later date.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Can you point to one instance when he's bullshitted when it comes to Italian players or managers/players or managers in Italian leagues?

I remember you being very defensive about Costa back in Jan too. Sure, he didn't end up going then but rift with Conte and Chinese interest turned out to be true.

Not everything during silly season is bollocks.
Not everything is bollocks but the Costa stuff proved (he was playing days later) to be and so will this.

These "journalists" take a tiny snippet of info (eg Costa and Conte had an argument in training) and turn it into "Chelsea's season in turmoil". It's ridiculous.

Angelinho

Excellent, hopefully he will leave them in the lurch by resigning just a few days before the season starts.

In any event if he's falling out with Abramovitch now, then anything less than a repeat of last season, will see him gone within 12 months.

VanGaalEra

I believe Di Marzio.

The guy knew the outcome of the Dollarumma meeting as soon as it was done. It's almost like he's a fly on the wall in these meetings.

Flying_Heckfish

Excellent, hopefully he will leave them in the lurch by resigning just a few days before the season starts.

In any event if he's falling out with Abramovitch now, then anything less than a repeat of last season, will see him gone within 12 months.
Now that would be funny..

Roman has form for this, so could be true. No way back from there.. only one winner!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
One can blame Roman but Conte has form in throwing tantra when he doesn't get his way.

RC89

The PSG job might just become available if Conte becomes available :D

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
What is happening? Di Marzio too? I thought it was BS at first. Would be idiotic of Roman to let Conte go - then again Conte could just be pressuring him to spend more.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Perhaps Conte should have been more sure of getting his man before binning Costa by text.

As much as I can't stand Costa that was a coward's trick and perhaps his behaviour is now backfiring on him.