Chelsea vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comsmit

If United can grab a goal early then there is every chance to salvage something. Moyes needs to be bold though, if it isn't looking likely in the first 10 minutes then make some changes.....get Giggs and Kagawa on to get the best out of Januzaj. Hernandez is also an option because you can guarantee any lose ball in the box will be buried.

Kag

Nonsense. We've had a couple of chances that should have been put away, and got into good positions behind the Chelsea defense several times only to mess up the final ball. With a more clinical striker we'd be up.
No we haven't. Welbeck had a half chance, in which he was arguably fouled, that's it.

Drifter

American
Played well enough to suggest we could get a goal back in the second half.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Ha ha, the worst poster on the forum appears, telling lies again, just preparing his "Kagawa would have won it for us" rant. At least the fanboys will be clearing off soon enough...

Correct. He has clearly forgotten the two chances that Januzaj created but no-one was in the box at the end.

Edit: When a teammate is making his way towards the box with a ball, he needs support and no-one busted a gut to get to the ball.

Nickosaur

I fecking hate some of you. This place is less bearable during a defeat than the game itself.
I don't know why I even bother opening the match day threads any more. I thought that there might be a bit more positivity after the Swansea result, and it's not like we've been awful so far, in fact I think we've been the better team. But no. There are always some unbearable feckers that come out the woodwork.

Big Papi

I ❤ Clucko
I don't think we've played all that well, knocked it around nicely but we don't look like ever scoring. And Januzaj is far more dangerous when he's out wide without 7 blue shirts around him, stick him left, take off Valencia and put Kagawa on.

Januzaj rolled the ball right across the box. Where Welbeck dragged Terry to the near post, we needed a mf to horse in at the back post.

2-3, if these players want anything from this season.

walsh

Young hasn't done much but some of you are hilariously naive if you think putting Kagawa on instead of him will instantly make it all better. Hernandez on for him would make much more sense but it's not like Young is the sole player who's been peripheral.

Shark

@NotShark
It's a killer that we've played so well but are in this position, but lets get real, were we ever getting anything from the Bridge?

lilcurt

Very unlucky so far, the second goal has probably killed the game and was poor defending. I'd like to see Kagawa come on for Young and move Jan to the left.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Toothless bullshit.

Far to many average, mid table players that aren't good enough for Manchester United. Players that might look good at times, but ultimately contribute the square root of feck all.
It is amazing how shit Tottenham's players looked until they got a new manager!

We were never getting anything from this game anyway. Our biggest bogey fixture with Mourinho never having lost at Stamford bridge in the league.

Mourinho's Chelsea are a team that reflect the managers confidence, if they don't play well overall they still get the important things right.

Praying for a miracle.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't know why I even bother opening the match day threads any more. I thought that there might be a bit more positivity after the Swansea result, and it's not like we've been awful so far, in fact I think we've been the better team. But no. There are always some unbearable feckers that come out the woodwork.
Everybody is moaning when they actually expected us to lose. That is a bit strange. I am just depressed that we are so bad.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Correct. He has clearly forgotten the two chances that Januzaj created but no-one was in the box at the end.
I desperately want Danny to make that leap forward in his game. But if RVP was here in form you'd expect him to put away those kind of balls. Dannys probably doing too much work outside the box in games.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
We just need rebuilding, thats all.

Remember in 2004 when we lost to Chelsea, Mourinho's 1st ever game in charge? Well, in our lineup that day we had Howard, o'shea, LIAM feckING MILLER, djemba djemba, alan smith. And on the bench we had bellion :lol:

We ended up trophyless for 3 season - but then we signed rooney, ronaldo, carrick etc. The rest as they say was history.

Time to rebuild again.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Young, Evra on the left are diabolical.

Defensively, yes. They've done very well going forward though. Our left side with both of them and Januzaj has been impressive. Just need more presence in the box.

And it would help if Evra and Young could defend too. Not sure where that myth about Young tracking back and defending came from.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
There were other moments where we were very close to creating clear opportunities, but the final ball went wrong. There was on ball from Januzaj straight across the goal that was begging to be tapped in at the far post (why the feck was Valencia not in the box?) and another after Januzaj's pass through some Chelsea legs where Evra messed up a simple looking cutback to Welbeck. These moments didn't result in chances but were good bits of play, we weren't just pumping it into the box. The final ball is letting us down and we need to get more bodies in to the box, that's the story of our attacking failures I'm afraid.

Yes, our crossing's been shit. It's a good thing our entire style of play isn't set up to rely on crossing th.....oh. On another day, hitting balls into areas players aren't, without trying to reach specific runs in the hope someone will just magically be there is called "pumping it into the box"

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Young should not be a United player, I did cringe a little when Moyes said before the game that he's very important for us.

lilcurt

We're 2 nil down away from home when really all 3 points are needed. Why are we still setup the same, get some attacking players on and go for it. We have nothing to lose, I'd rather see us go down 4 or 5 giving it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.