Chelsea vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
1-1. Heard it here first! I hope you give Januzaj a rest but I dont think you will.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De gea
Rafael Evans Vidic evra
Carrick fletcher
Januzaj Rooney kagawa
Welbeck

Probably what I want to see if Rooney is back. Either that or welbeck on left, Rooney up top and kagawa in the hole. Actually all 4 can interchange so they'll be moving around all game. Smalling and Vidic together lack composure on the ball against Chelsea. It'll definitely bea. Tough game whatever the case though, hope for a draw.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I can't see us winning if I am to be wholly honest, not with our travails at Stamford Bridge since Abramovich took over. Chelsea are playing much better since before Christmas and they have a good record at home this season. I think we'll give a right good account of ourselves but not enough for the three points.

1-1 draw, for me.

Anduin

Can't see us getting anything there. Team selection will be difficult, Kagawa needs to play through the middle, but if Rooney is fit, I can't see it.

De Gea
Rafael - Smalling - Evans - Evra
Carrick - Fletcher
Januzaj - Kagawa - Welbeck
Rooney

Fluid front four... I don't really like Welbeck coming from the left, but I think he has the confidence now to contribute from wide right and Kagawa is useless out there. In reality it will be Valencia on the right, Rooney behind Welbeck and Januzaj on the left, but I really think Kagawa deserves to start.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
I see Chelsea sneaking this 1-0. I would be happy with a draw.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
A must win, or at the very least a good performance.

De Gea

Rafael
Smalling
Vidic
Evra

Januzaj
Fletcher
Jones
Carrick
Welbeck

Rooney

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If only we had RVP available, he loves scoring at their ground :(

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Score draw? Wouldn't mind one.

Moyes needs that away win at a big club though. Hopefully we can build from today with a good result down there but it's not something I'm overly optimistic about. We'll have to play well to ensure Hazard and Oscar don't cut us open.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
0-0 or 1-0 to Chelsea. No matter what it's probably going to be really dull.

De gea

Rafael
Smalling
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Kagawa
Fletcher
Januzaj

Welbeck

If Rooney is fit then kagawa will probably be dropped. If jones is fit he'll probably start in midfield too.

VivaJanuzaj

I think Welbeck on the wing if Rooney is fit is the right choice. We need his work rate in order to help defend against Hazard.

Jones should start too if fit, if not, I guess my wish would be Carrick & Fletcher.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
The chances are that Jones won't be up the full 90 not with the job that he'll be asked to do, so we replace him with Kagawa at 65-70 minutes with an eye to exploiting the space that will hopefully open up as players begin to tire.

Sounds near enough anyway.

Also it might be unwise to have both Rooney and Jones starting straight back from injury, you're risking two rusty players and likely using up two of your substitutions regardless of circumstance.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
If you play like you did it the first half then 3-1 to us. If you play like you did in the second half could be anything.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Draw's the best we can hope for realistically. At least setting up to counter will suit us.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Chelsea vs United is traditionally a crazy game with some sort of talking point or an absolutely nothing game with two teams cancelling each other out. Rarely get a straightforward narrow win for one side or the other, it has to be talked about because someone has missed an open net from 3 yards, or a keeper has made a save, or a player has been sent off, or the referee has called someone a monkey.

Mr Chutney

Mango Mango Man
Can't see us getting anything there. Team selection will be difficult, Kagawa needs to play through the middle, but if Rooney is fit, I can't see it.

De Gea
Rafael - Smalling - Evans - Evra
Carrick - Fletcher
Januzaj - Kagawa - Welbeck
Rooney

Fluid front four... I don't really like Welbeck coming from the left, but I think he has the confidence now to contribute from wide right and Kagawa is useless out there. In reality it will be Valencia on the right, Rooney behind Welbeck and Januzaj on the left, but I really think Kagawa deserves to start.
Swap Welbeck for Valencia I reckon

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
REALLY hope Rooney is back for this.

Would be delighted if we can snatch a win at the Bridge, as unlikely as it may seem at the moment.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Mourinho is still unbeaten at the bridge in the league isn't he? Would be brilliant to finally end that. A draw would be a great result though, and we need Rooney back for this.

Revan

Assumptionman
Hopefully we'll do ok but I think that Chelsea after many years are big favorites in this game. 3-1 for them IMO.

I would like the team to be somoething like this:

De Gea

Rafael Evans Vidic Evra

Januzaj Carrick Fletcher Kagawa Welbeck

Rooney​

Ash_G

If we get the centre right then we've got a shot, small as it is. I personally don't think that Lampard and Ramires/Mikel is any better than Carrick/Fletch, in fact I'd give the edge to the latter but the difference is the three ahead of them. The way they utilise Oscar and Hazard is better than how we utilise our players and I think they provide additional options to their midfielders.

That's why for me we have to get our front four right. I worry if Rooney is fit because you know he'll likely come straight in and you can't drop Welbeck now and so he's coming back alongside him if he's fit. The problem there is that if he plays too high then we'll get outnumbered again as they have Oscar and Hazard giving short options to lampard/ramires. If we were playing better then we could accept that risk and back ourselves but we're not. I really hope we don't rush Rooney for this game.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Expecting to lose, probably missing our 2 biggest players for the game but wouldnt it be a boost if we snuck a win.

Glanville95

I'd be happy with a draw, but I'll go 2-1 to them with Hazard and Rooney to score and Januzaj for us.

No, I didn't make an error.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Have a feeling Hazard will be the difference here.

Hope it's Januzaj though.

Status
Not open for further replies.