Shaw

Fellaini
    Fred
    Pogba

Mata
    Lukaku
    Martial

0-1

Mike dean a wild card but every year for about five years running the refereeing has been worse so no point even thinking about it. Ordinarily I’d put Matic right in but he definitely needs a rest and refocus, would be tempted to just put Fred in and try give Chelsea more to think about in regards our game. If not, then Herrera, who does often have good big games. Martial had his best performance versus Newcastle and is good on the break, and though he’s unpopular in many ways I think mata offers us things no other player we have can.
    Are you serioulsly predicting Utd to win 1-0. Have you seen us play this season. Reminds me of Mark Lawrenon on the BBC prediction table always saying Liverpool would win even when they were s*it.

waza7111

I can't see anything other than a thrashing. They are miles ahead in terms of their playing style and have a very settled team. We are the exact opposite. I predicted 3-0 to Chelsea.

Alabaster Codify7

No way Mctominay starts this one after that performance against Newcastle.

Don't be so sure, mate.
    He's tall.
    Plus, he's an ongoing pawn in Jose's snide campaign against the owners - "my squad is so bad, THIS is what I have to resort to".

Mcking

No Bailly pleasee.
    .​
    .​
    De gea​
    Valencia Smalling Lindelof Shaw​
    Pogba Fellaini Fred​
    Sanchez Lukaku Martial​
    .​
    .​
    .​

Rather Jones than Bailly and Dalot over Valencia. Bailly automatically makes his partner look worse

Canagel

Fellaini actually looks much quicker/agile recently. He's very good at nipping in and making interceptions, I have faith he can do that job just fine.

What we need to do is crowd Hazard out as soon as he gets the ball, their left flank is the danger side.
    this really is a problem. Their left hand side (which is our right hand side) is their strongest and our weakest. It doesn't matters who's played there if you think right back to Leicester with Darmian and Mata. And then Valencia quite recently and also Young. Teams open us up at will on that side. The manager has to come up with a solution there.

PoTMS

I'd leave Mata on the bench and bring him on in the second half. Ideally, as soon as we have a free kick within 20 yards of the goal.

Red00012

No chance, let's face it he doesn't rate Pereira. I don't think this is the game to bring him back in for either.

It'll be Pogba / Fellaini and Mctominay I have a feeling. Fred's been away with Brazil, Herrera only just back from injury, Matic "injured".
    That’s a truly awful midfield trip I hope he springs a surprise by selecting Herrera.

peridigm

this really is a problem. Their left hand side (which is our right hand side) is their strongest and our weakest. It doesn't matters who's played there if you think right back to Leicester with Darmian and Mata. And then Valencia quite recently and also Young. Teams open us up at will on that side. The manager has to come up with a solution there.
    It will be Young or Valencia. Wish it was Dalot. His young legs and willingness to get behind on their wing could benefit us. Young and Valencia are old and shit. Experience will not prevail against Hazard.

Canagel

It will be Young or Valencia. Wish it was Dalot. His young legs and willingness to get behind on their wing could benefit us. Young and Valencia are old and shit. Experience will not prevail against Hazard.
    Whoever plays RW has to make a big sacrifice as well to protect either Young or Valencia. Dalot will not be trusted unfortunately in a game of this magnitude although we did start Tuanzebe a few years ago in a few big games and he did quite good.
    It'll be Young I imagine with Lingard.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
    Scout

Wish we had him on bench at least

blue blue

Supports
    chelsea
    If it's any consolation to you guys I'm hearing Rudiger is out. He's been our best centre back this season.

That leaves the door open for Christensen or Cahill. I suspect it will be a Christensen/Luiz pairing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Didnt we try that last season. I seem to remember Jones and Herrera booting him all over the park and it didnt help.
    First match under Jose we got done in by an early goal in the first minute. The defence really let the side down.

Second match Herrera had Hazard in his pocket and we won.

FA Cup we lost but I personally thought we were the better side with wasteful chances. But I was really drunk in the pub at the time so might need reminding.

In any case Sarri seems more dependent on Hazard than Conte did. You mark him out the game and I reckon the chances drastically improve. Herrera I think would be up to it, or Fred even.

Kapardin

If it's any consolation to you guys I'm hearing Rudiger is out. He's been our best centre back this season.

That leaves the door open for Christensen or Cahill. I suspect it will be a Christensen/Luiz pairing.
    I assume that makes a 1-1 more likely. A draw is literally the best we can hope for at the Bridge, we couldn't even beat you guys there when you were down and out in 15/16.

blue blue

Supports
    chelsea
    I assume that makes a 1-1 more likely. A draw is literally the best we can hope for at the Bridge, we couldn't even beat you guys there when you were down and out in 15/16.
    1-1? I wouldn't necessarily go that far but after the International break I always feel less confident.

I felt a bit more confident earlier in the week but as the day nears I feel anything could happen.

It will be a real spectacle and Sarriball will be put to the test. I've just got a feeling Jose might go for a more attacking approach. I know his default set up is defensive and he prefers to not lose but on this occasion surely he has nothing to lose and the second half against Newcastle must give hope.

Sunspear17

Supports
    Chelsea
    Here's a preview video from the best Chelsea channel out there and the man NiNiFC alongside Utd fan Flex. I thought I would share this here:

Look forward to the game on Saturday, and let the best team win.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    1-0 Hazard. Feels like the cnut has decided so many games against us.
    It does feel that way.
    In the FA Cup Final, he treated Phil Jones like a puppet.
    In the Semi Cup Final, when he got Herrara sent off for a minor foul, again, he decided it.

IMO, if we stop Hazard, we can get a draw or win. Hazard is the key player for both sides.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
    Gonna be our usual outing at Stamford. Start brightly and be the better team only to concede a silly goal and others to follow maybe. We can't catch a break there it seems, have to be miles better to even stand a chance.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Feel like this is a week away, sick of the international break
    Same here, man.
    I have no interest in useless internationals, where England don't stand a chance of ever winning a trophy.
    Anyway, in a few days, "proper" football will be back.

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    I can't see anything other than a thrashing. They are miles ahead in terms of their playing style and have a very settled team. We are the exact opposite. I predicted 3-0 to Chelsea.
    Sure they have made a good start and ours has been awful.

Jose will have had lots of time to get his tactics sorted even though the players would have been away.

Like most I am pretty sure that he will revert to type and adopt a very cautious approach. And who would blame him as long as he gets some sort of result.

As a fan I would be ecstatic if we were to win but would be very happy with a draw.

PLEASE PLEASE don't let it be a horrible defeat.

J_XO

If Fred is told to mark Hazard then it will be a repeat situation of our cup fixture where Herrera got sent off. Mike Dean loves a booking

Irrational.

If we lose, does Jose lose his job? I bet that prick McDonnell who predicted we'd be managerless REGARDLESS of the result would love that, so he could claim some kind of hollow victory.

Prometheus

Supports
    Chelsea
    I don't like your pessimism. It's eerie. :nono:

I prefer when you're confident against us.

Jig1234

Well that just makes no sense.
    Dunno. just a hunch that he will go with Ashley Young. I'm going to this game. But I see this Chelsea game as a free hit. Our last win was in 2012. We might as well attack and go for it.

I think the midfield battle will be key.

Eddy_JukeZ

I hate the Bridge.

So many times I feel there's voodoo against us preventing us from winning. Even when we've played well, we still didn't snatch a win.

Except for that game in 2012 when almost everything went our way :lol:

buckooo1978

De Gea
    Dalot Smalling Matic Shaw
    Pereira Pogba Fred
    Alexis
    Lukaku Martial

0-2, Doddle​
    do you genuinely think that Matic is better at CB than Bailly, Lindelof and co?

Matic was really poor in his last game in midfield and defence

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 387 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win