Chevrolet Logo Discussion (Manchester United Kits 2015/16)

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Why would they, wringing every last drop of marketing potential out of it.

The academy players collect their new kit 1st August, got to turn up in their own clothes, no Nike allowed from that day onwards.
i was wondering about that... what would happen if they did? it's weird, but this whole change-over thing is really interesting to me. i have literally no idea why.

hebegebe

i was wondering about that... what would happen if they did? it's weird, but this whole change-over thing is really interesting to me. i have literally no idea why.
Sounds like Nike are a little bitter over this, the Academy ran out of boots months ago and Nike aren't providing further stock.

Silverman

Some of the Adidas kits I've seen so far are absolutely beautiful, some of the best I've ever seen.

I mean look at this AC Milan kit:

Brilliant.
I'll be happy with a nice tone of red and a crew neck. If we get a bloody tomato coloured kit with a V neck (like the picture floating around at the moment) I'll be slightly disappointed, especially considering that I know Adidas can produce beauties like Milan's and Bayern's new kits.
That is so nice because of the plain sponsor in 'Fly Emirates'. The Chevy logo ruins all of them imo.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Also, the Adidas stripes being so low key.
Yeah, I love that the most. Looks so classy. The Bayern kit also has low key stripes (red on red). I think a United kit would look just as good with say black stripes on a deeper red kit!

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
True. I don't mind the stripes if they were to possibly change the Chevy logo to the writing or something. The gold is hideous.
Why would they change their logo, which is very recognisible, to something which still promotes their brand, but is less recognisible?

I dread to think peoole will still be moaning about this logo in 5 years.

stevoc

Why would they change their logo, which is very recognisible, to something which still promotes their brand, but is less recognisible?

Wouldn't surprise me been a year now almost and no sign of it dying down yet.

This thread could be renamed Chevrolet logo ''discussion'' (moan fest) i give it 3-4 posts before someone else moans about it.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
feck that Chevrolet logo.

No but really, this year's kit would have been one of our best kits ever if it had AON or Fly Emirates or something. At the end of the day, we're being paid truck loads of money so it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Silverman

They won't change which is why I doubt I'll be buying a kit anytime soon.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
They won't change which is why I doubt I'll be buying a kit anytime soon.
Can't you just buy the kit without the logo? Or at least get the Champions League version of the kit where the sponsor's logo is always slightly smaller.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The away white kit reminds me of AC Milan in the CL final, such a sexy shirt wow!

bonusroller

My moreshirt.com DHL package has just arrived. I will post up some pictures later.

The black 3rd is the best of the bunch. It's the best use of the Chevy logo so far. If it comes to be real then it will be my favourite united kit since the blue 3rd in 08/09. If it doesn't come to be real I'll put in a hot wash and get the logos off it as it will be a smart kit.

The home is decent, but somehow not as nice as it looks in the pics they had up. Easily nicer than this years effort though.

The white is ok. I'm not the biggest fan of white kits at the best of times. The sleeves have a weird print around the bottom, loads of tiny smiles. Still better than our current white effort though.

The blue training top looks great. It's an Adizero so is lighter material than the kits which are Climacool. The Aon logo looks nice and although it's a training top, it's better than any of the Aon away kits Nike did for us.

Overall I think the black 3rd and blue training kit are so nice that they make the other 2 look lesser.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
feck that Chevrolet logo.

No but really, this year's kit would have been one of our best kits ever if it had AON or Fly Emirates or something. At the end of the day, we're being paid truck loads of money so it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
Loads of people hated the Aon logo at the time, and if we had Emirates this thread (and the previous one) would be chock full of bitching about our new kit looking like a Madrid one.

People hate every new shirt until it's a few years old and it becomes a reference for what future ones should be like.

It's time to get over the logo.

JUPITER

Loads of people hated the Aon logo at the time, and if we had Emirates this thread (and the previous one) would be chock full of bitching about our new kit looking like a Madrid one.

People hate every new shirt until it's a few years old and it becomes a reference for what future ones should be like.
Nah, if you read the comments you'll see that the recurrent theme is that the logo is in full colour - bright yellow, no less.

This is unusual. United has never had a colour sponsor logo before, and only one other club in the whole PL has one - Villa, and theirs is far less garish than ours.

A few clubs (Swansea, QPR) have yellow or red text but that's due to them having white shirts.

The logo is awful, and I think it's fair enough if people want to voice how they feel about it.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?

It's time to get over the logo.
been one of the nicest looking ones for me...and I don't have anything against Chevrolet per say, I would however prefer it if they'd stick to white/black lettering depending on the shirt's colour.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I want to get a longsleeve home version, with the 3 stripes going all the way down, revel in our change to Adidas for a year!.. before we all get sick of them.
Also I love that logo, everytime I see it I just see $$$.

Big Andy

Bloke
August 1st? So we wear the same Nike kits for preseason?
They're taking both...The Nike ones for the games prior to 1st August, and the Adidas ones for games after 1st August should we make the final of the pre-season tournament...

Todd

Nobody likes the Chevy logo, we get it...the gold color makes it look bad, we get it...

Here's the color you should be focusing on: green, as in the color of the tremendous amount of money Chevy are paying us to have their logo on the shirt each season. For what they're paying United they could put a photo of Bebe's face on the front of our shirt for all I care.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I want to get a longsleeve home version, with the 3 stripes going all the way down, revel in our change to Adidas for a year!.. before we all get sick of them.
Also I love that logo, everytime I see it I just see $$$.
The Adidas is such a huge change, I think I might kit myself out like the Adidas version of Garth:

Big Andy

Bloke
I'm actually surprised we haven't started putting sponsors on the back of our shirts...like they do in Spain...

Bit like that...

Raptori

Special needs
I'm actually surprised we haven't started putting sponsors on the back of our shirts...like they do in Spain...

Bit like that...
It'd probably devalue the main shirt sponsorship deal. I do wonder whether we'd be able to earn more that way, though to be honest I'm glad we've only got the one sponsor logo...

Any chance people can stfu about the Chevy logo??
Never. :angel:

Any chance people can stfu about people talking about the Chevy logo? :D

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I think I remember reading something about someone in the PL wanting to do that but it required a vote and most teams voted it down. Or something like that.

Jaxa

Its tjeir logo they paid for it...get over it
I don't need to get over anything, I agree with you they paid a lot of cash to us in having it there but you can't not expect in a kits thread people not liking how big there logo is and makes our new top ugly.