Chevrolet Logo Discussion (Manchester United Kits 2015/16)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
People will always complain about something in kits threads. If its the fact that its nike and not adidas, its the chevy logo. If its not the chevy logo, its the shade of red. Theres always something to complain about it seems. Stupid.

Mali_Zeus

People will always complain about something in kits threads. If its the fact that its nike and not adidas, its the chevy logo. If its not the chevy logo, its the shade of red. Theres always something to complain about it seems. Stupid.
This. Everybody was crying about Nike, now everybody's crying even before Adidas launched our new kits.

JoaquinJoaquin

Think the 3 lines on the road is a hint we'll have the typical Adidas stripes on the arms?
What planet have you been on mate? :lol:

Pretty much all Adidas shirts ever produced in the last 30 years have had the stripes.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I think the 3 stripes works well with United because our club colours are red, white and black. I think it really does make it look like a proper United kit. This is something I always thought was lacking with the Nike kits.

acrebo

Sounds like Nike are a little bitter over this, the Academy ran out of boots months ago and Nike aren't providing further stock.
I'd be surprised if this were true. Surely it would be part of the contract as to what Nike has to supply us for the duration of the agreement.

Perhaps Nike aren't bending over backwards for us anymore but something as intrinsic as kit supply must be contractual?

stevoc

The tops that have been shown so far are nice, but that Logo ruins even the nicest of tops
feck that Chevrolet logo.
Wouldn't surprise me been a year now almost and no sign of it dying down yet.

This thread could be renamed Chevrolet logo ''discussion'' (moan fest) i give it 3-4 posts before someone else moans about it.
Was wrong with that prediction, the very next posts :lol:

People may as well complain about the shirt being red because theres as much chance of us bringing out a blue home shirt as there is us having a shirt without that Chevy logo on it for the next few years.

Oo0AahCantona

Having that logo on the shirt is a tiny price to pay to be able to afford a bale calibre player every season.

stu_1992

I'm actually surprised we haven't started putting sponsors on the back of our shirts...like they do in Spain...
Back of the shirt sponsorships aren't allowed in the Premier League. They are in the lower leagues though.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I still reckon that red shirt is a fugazi
Yeah my bad, just googled adidas kits and I couldn't find a single shirt without them.
Our 85 shirt didn't have any 3 stripes on it.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I'd be surprised if this were true. Surely it would be part of the contract as to what Nike has to supply us for the duration of the agreement.

Perhaps Nike aren't bending over backwards for us anymore but something as intrinsic as kit supply must be contractual?
Hebegebe has connections in the academy so I'm sure he knows.

Raptori

Special needs
Was wrong with that prediction, the very next posts :lol:

People may as well complain about the shirt being red because theres as much chance of us bringing out a blue home shirt as there is us having a shirt without that Chevy logo on it for the next few years.
The Chevy deal doesn't last forever. If the fans consistently say they hate it, there's a tiny chance that the club will notice and make single-colour logos a requirement in the future. So it's nothing like complaining about the shirt being red. ;)

Either way, as others have said, this is a thread for discussion about our kits - if there's a big ugly logo in the middle of the kit then of course people are going to talk about it here!

hebegebe

No it's true, very limited supplies, having to recycle boots and trainers

JUPITER

Any chance people can stfu about people talking about the Chevy logo? :D
I don't need to get over anything, I agree with you they paid a lot of cash to us in having it there but you can't not expect in a kits thread people not liking how big there logo is and makes our new top ugly.
The Chevy deal doesn't last forever. If the fans consistently say they hate it, there's a tiny chance that the club will notice and make single-colour logos a requirement in the future. So it's nothing like complaining about the shirt being red.

Either way, as others have said, this is a thread for discussion about our kits - if there's a big ugly logo in the middle of the kit then of course people are going to talk about it here!
I can't believe anyone would have the gall to discuss what they don't like about a United kit in a thread about United kits. The audacity of it.
Totally agree.

I've supported United since 1985 and I've never before not bought a kit solely because of how utterly ugly the logo is.

Like I said to @Rado_N we've never before had a colour logo and it's unusual in the PL, and indeed amongst other 'elite' clubs no-one else has a full colour logo branded across the shirt. So it's quite natural to talk about it.

I'm sure the club would want to know if people are actively not buying the shirt because of the awful logo.

JackXX

They have paid a lot of money for it but it's hardly outrageous that people don't like the Chevrolet logo. Not the prettiest thing to put on a kit. :confused:

stevoc

The Chevy deal doesn't last forever. If the fans consistently say they hate it, there's a tiny chance that the club will notice and make single-colour logos a requirement in the future. So it's nothing like complaining about the shirt being red. ;)
I think you missed the point i was trying to make mate. Yes the Chevy deal is only for another 6-7 years, but for the duration of it it will be that gold logo. Thats the Chevrolet logo that is on their cars, they don't put white ones on their vehicles. They are paying £50m a year so naturally thats the logo they want on United's shirts. Why would they change it?

No amount of bitching and moaning is going to convince them to. Chevrolet don't give a flying feck if fans don't like it. And for the money they are paying the club neither will United, if a company paid enough United would let them put a pink didgeridoo on there.

So best get used to it i have, as we'll be seeing a lot of that logo for the best part of the next decade.

If by talk you mean moan then yeah it seems like thats not going to end any time soon.

izec

The logo doesnt look that bad after a while. I thought it looked terrible too, now i own the home shirt since August and i dont care anymore. Doesnt really bother me, i dont wear it to a wedding FFS, it is just a kit for fun.

Raptori

Special needs
I think you missed the point i was trying to make mate. Yes the Chevy deal is only for another 6-7 years, but for the duration of it it will be that gold logo. Thats the Chevrolet logo that is on their cars, they don't put white ones on their vehicles. They are paying £50m a year so naturally thats the logo they want on United's shirts. Why would they change it?

No amount of bitching and moaning is going to convince them to. Chevrolet don't give a flying feck if fans don't like it. And for the money they are paying the club neither will United, if a company paid enough United would let them put a pink didgeridoo on there.

So best get used to it i have, as we'll be seeing a lot of that logo for the best part of the next decade.

If by talk you mean moan then yeah it seems like thats not going to end any time soon.
Nah I get it, I just don't think it's relevant - like I said, if everyone moans about it for the entire time then it might influence the deals the club makes at the end of the current contract. Especially because it's such a long deal - if the fans never get used to it then it'd be even more obvious that it's worth considering at least. ;)

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
We all dislike the Chevy logo compared to previous sponsors, even though I think it looks alright on the home kit being yellow and red like our badge and all that.

However, constantly whinging about it is mind numbingly boring. Please shut up. There's nothing we can do and it doesn't even look that bad.

bonusroller

Nah I get it, I just don't think it's relevant - like I said, if everyone moans about it for the entire time then it might influence the deals the club makes at the end of the current contract. Especially because it's such a long deal - if the fans never get used to it then it'd be even more obvious that it's worth considering at least. ;)
Got to agree.

Sure they pay the most and we should take the deal and suffer whatever it is, no doubt, but to just say it's fine when you think it's not makes for sheep mentality.

Personally find the people complaining about the complaining ironic.

Silverman

What's worse is the people moaning about people moaning about the logo. People are entitled to their opinion and they can moan if they want.

stevoc

Maybe you should start an email and facebook campaign then mate, because i doubt ed woodward reads the kits thread on the caf.

Seems likes theres a load of folk in here up in arms about the logo and would be well up for it ;)

JUPITER

Maybe you should start an email and facebook campaign then mate, because i doubt ed woodward reads the kits thread on the caf.

Seems likes theres a load of folk in here up in arms about the logo and would be well up for it ;)
Or you could email the club and complain about people complaining about the logo...?

I wonder which would be of more interest to them (if either).

Raptori

Special needs

:lol: I don't really care about it enough to spend time doing stuff like that. I care enough to complain in a thread about the kit, and enough to not buy a shirt... but that's about it.

It jumps out at me whenever I look at the kit, so of course it's the thing that is most significant about the kits for me, and of course I'm going to talk about it. I will, however, refrain from bringing it up in any other thread (match day threads for example). ;)

Or you could email the club and complain about people complaining about the logo...?

That'd be pretty cool. We could start a joint campaign, like the famous Marmite adverts. It'd totally go viral. :drool:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't like the Addidas badge.

ivaldo

Hey does anyone else dislike the Addidas logo?

ivaldo

That Addidas logo is honking isn't it?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It ruins the kit for me. I won't be buying any kits with that monstrosity on them, will anyone else be buying these kits? I won't. Just ugly, won't be getting money from me. Will you buy? I know I won't be.
It's a real eye sore. If only they could make it smaller so we couldn't see it...

stevoc

:lol: I don't really care about it enough to spend time doing stuff like that. I care enough to complain in a thread about the kit, and enough to not buy a shirt... but that's about it.
I wasn't actually being serious mate.

stevoc

I doubt the club would give a feck about any of it mate, which is why it's probably best if everyone just shut the feck up about the logo as it's getting tedious.

Everyone that is you and myself included, so the ones moaning about the logo, the ones moaning about those moaning about the logo, and those moaning about the ones moaning about other people moaning.

:p