Chevrolet Logo Discussion (Manchester United Kits 2015/16)

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Well a poster in the other kit thread said there would be a black third kit and that he trusted his source.

Adcuth

That third kit looks like something the dippers would wear, hope that's a blag, fecking disgusting. Keeper kit is shite but who the feck cares, there's only one of them on the pitch and i never buy keeper kits anyway. Home kit is wank worthy.

Silverman

Do you usually buy shirts though?
I'm as pumped to see the new kit each year as anyone, then when its displayed, it's .... meh, will pass... this year...
But in reality I dont think I've even bothered to buy a United shirt since 1999 anyway. :D
I had bought kits consistently. I didn't get the one in the 2013/14 season with Moyes but I regret the decision as the home and away ones were class. Didn't but one kit this season mainly due to the Chevrolet logo. It ruins it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
hmmm, interesting. Did he have a source?
I saw a photographer the club use did a photo shoot with the kits and he said we have a black kit, and it was "1 of the best in recent years". It was a Twitter post can't remember when though.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Looking at it again, the new shirt above is essentially just this Nike shirt but with an appalling logo on the front and a bit of black trim on the sleeves and neck...

Eh?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Looking at it again, the new shirt above is essentially just this Nike shirt but with an appalling logo on the front and a bit of black trim on the sleeves and neck...

So a different neck, different sleeves, different badge design, different trim on the sides and shoulders and no MUFC logo at the bottom.

Other than that it's identical.

stevoc

So a different neck, different sleeves, different badge design, different trim on the sides and shoulders and no MUFC logo at the bottom.

Both red though :lol:

JUPITER

The badge patch is the only considerable difference I left out of my post, and I did so because they're both 'sew on', I don't really view them as 'part of the design' of the shirt, if you understand what I'm saying.

The other differences you've alluded to in your post I'd already mentioned - the neck and sleeves have a bit of black trim added to the white. Oh and the neck has a little 'fold over' as on the SHARP kit I posted earlier in the thread, but they're both V-neck, as opposed to actual different neck-lines like crew, collared etc if you understand that.

The shape of the two shirts is very similar.

Overall, this new shirt is a mixture of the two shirts I've posted previously in this thread -

This...

And this...

With an added awful, coloured logo.

Both shirts above are nicer than the new Adidas one, in my opinion at least.

Callum93

Call it a hunch, but I personally don't think that's our home kit, and I shall explain my theory.
Every season, kit suppliers release a whole new batch of templates which close to 99% of professional clubs use (http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/01/nike-14-15-teamwear-kits-nike-2014-2015.html as an example). This year, Adidas have released several templates - mainly consisting of the trim with holes, the shirts which look like pyjama tops, and the shirts with bands around the sleeves/bottom of the shirt (see the new MLS kits).

The photo of the home shirt above faintly shows a stripe on the side of the body, which was used on this season's Adidas kits (as seen here on this season's Bayern away kit: http://www.fcbayern.de/media/images/homepage/sonstiges-14-15/Away-Trikot_14-15_EN.variant524x295.jpg). Now I know a fair amount of Adidas clubs are carrying over away/third kits this season, but the above photo would essentially mean United are getting an "old" template for their first (well, first in a while) Adidas kit.

I've seen cases of kits which don't follow the new templates (Chelsea 15-16 home [without trim holes or pyjama sleeves]: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-x7l31xzOC...AAiHI/lg7FfLoEIfI/s1600/Chelsea-15-16-Kit.jpg), but even clubs like Real Madrid, Bayern, etc., are all getting one of the main 15-16 Adidas templates.

TL;DR - We're either getting an old template for our new home shirt, or that isn't our new home shirt.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
The 'leaked'/fake home shirt seems to be the same template as the new Valencia shirt:

Mario Kempes, what an iconic shirt. Great goalscorer. Wish we'd seen him in a United shirt though.

Last edited:

hebegebe

Exactly this, and Nike won't agree to cutting it short to the end of season.
Why would they, wringing every last drop of marketing potential out of it.

The academy players collect their new kit 1st August, got to turn up in their own clothes, no Nike allowed from that day onwards.

Cina

The black one's fake? Shame, looks fecking great.

Brightonian

Those kits in the OP all look good to me, if a bit daft on those skinny mannequins. Not sure why they went with orange instead of red on the black kit but I actually think it looks decent nonetheless. Third kits should be a bit more adventurous.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm watching the 92/93 season review, we should bring back the Newton Heath colours again :drool:

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Some of the Adidas kits I've seen so far are absolutely beautiful, some of the best I've ever seen.

I mean look at this AC Milan kit:

Brilliant.
I'll be happy with a nice tone of red and a crew neck. If we get a bloody tomato coloured kit with a V neck (like the picture floating around at the moment) I'll be slightly disappointed, especially considering that I know Adidas can produce beauties like Milan's and Bayern's new kits.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Isn't this the Man Utd kit thread?

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Some of the Adidas kits I've seen so far are absolutely beautiful, some of the best I've ever seen.

Brilliant.
I'll be happy with a nice tone of red and a crew neck. If we get a bloody tomato coloured kit with a V neck (like the picture floating around at the moment) I'll be slightly disappointed, especially considering that I know Adidas can produce beauties like Milan's and Bayern's new kits.
That's beautiful!

JUPITER

Brilliant.
Agree completely. That Milan kit is beautiful, so sleek and understated.

Imagine that shape but a classy, rich red (80s Sharp kit) with the black panel over the shoulders but with white '3 stripes'.

Jaxa

Agree completely. That Milan kit is beautiful, so sleek and understated.

Imagine that shape but a classy, rich red (80s Sharp kit) with the black panel over the shoulders but with white '3 stripes'.
And a massive Gold cross slap bang in the middle :drool: