China bullies Hong Kong

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I would bet all my money the US will not send troops but will send as many planes, drones, missiles as needed.
And how would that arrive in Taiwan? China's first step would be a blockade. The US breaking that would result in dead americans and a full on war. Both sides know it and I don't think the US has the will to do it.

By the way, I don't think this will happen, I just think we overestimate the will western democracies have to go to war to defend non-western democracies. China is engaged in genocide and we're not willing to make economical sacrifices to counter that. Having soldiers die by the thousands to defend Taiwan? I can't imagine it.

Cal?

CR7 fan
And how would that arrive in Taiwan? China's first step would be a blockade. The US breaking that would result in dead americans and a full on war. Both sides know it and I don't think the US has the will to do it.

By the way, I don't think this will happen, I just think we overestimate the will western democracies have to go to war to defend non-western democracies. China is engaged in genocide and we're not willing to make economical sacrifices to counter that. Having soldiers die by the thousands to defend Taiwan? I can't imagine it.
You do realize there are quite a few US military bases closer to Taiwan than China?

The US will not allow China to takeover TSMC facilities, Japan simple cannot survive with China controlling the Taiwan Strait.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
You do realize there are quite a few US military bases closer to Taiwan than China?

The US will not allow China to takeover TSMC facilities, Japan simple cannot survive with China controlling the Taiwan Strait.
Yes, I do realize that, but I'm not talking about military superiority or strategy, I'm talking about the willingness of the US and Europe (not just the govs, but the people) to go to war against China.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

It appears Xi and the CCP are further whitewashing Tiananmen Square out of history in Hong Kong.

The artist is Danish so I hope either the original column or a duplicate is placed in front of the Chinese Embassy in Copenhagen.

0le

It appears Xi and the CCP are further whitewashing Tiananmen Square out of history in Hong Kong.

The artist is Danish so I hope either the original column or a duplicate is placed in front of the Chinese Embassy in Copenhagen.
It seems like the university decided to ignore the artist:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...o-tiananmen-victims-may-be-imminently-removed

Galschiøt told the Guardian he was “shocked and saddened” by the developments. “I’ve asked Hong Kong University to allow me to go and collect it in person, but I received no response,” he said. “If they destroy my work, I’ll seek compensation and demand the remaining pieces to be returned to Europe.”

“This is not about the national security law. This is my private property. It’s the Hong Kong law that says the authorities cannot destroy private properties like this.”

Earlier, the artist sent an email to supporters encouraging them to “document everything that happens with the sculpture”. “We have done everything we can to tell [HKU] that we would very much like to pick up the sculpture and bring it to Denmark,” it said.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
It's the CCP way. Remove monuments in the middle of the night and pretend nothing was there. It's happened in Thailand as well where pro democracy and have moved only to never be seen again. Totalitarian governments don't like symbols of their wrongdoings or of what is possible without them in the public space.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
You sheeple, buying all the western propaganda thrown at you.