6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

footballgirl07

Completely stupid first yellow. Why he did that, I will never know! Second one, Valencia out of position again, he comes round to cover. Stupid tackle and obvious second yellow. That stupid first yellow has cost him and now us.

Red Stone

Two moronic yellow cards, but if we dropped every defender who has dropped a massive bollock this season we'd be starting our games with nine men. In other words, we either need to upgrade our defenders or our defenders need to upgrade their brains.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Absolute idiot. If our injuries tod defenders ever stop, I hope he gets sold. Wasn't that great ever anyways.

Kostur

海尔的老板
No idea which yellow made him look more dumb, the first one or the second one. Both yellows were fecking idiotic.

Minimalist

Unlike him. Stupid first yellow but Valencia put him in a world of shit for that second one.

Let the kneejerking commence, however.
O feck right off. Valencia to blame for the second?! Did he tell Smalling to launch himself in wildly like a twat through telepathy?!

No excuses for that challenge. He knew it as well, he's just an idiot.

Count Orduck

What makes it worse is he always looks so gormless. There is nothing at all going on inside his thick skull.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Totally brainless.
What has Van Gaal has said before the match "We can't afford stupid red cards!!!!!"

I'm 100% sure Smalling will not be a United player at the start of the 2015-2016 season

Average, brainless and injury-prone

2 new CB's + Rojo, Blackett & McNair

Jones, Smalling and Evans can all go imo

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
FFS some of you knee jerkers. Getting a very stupid and costly red doesn't automatically mean you become shite the next week.
Who have said he went from brilliant to shit?
He went from not good enough to be a starter for a team aspiring to compete for titles, to showing he isn't smart enough to be a starter for a team aspiring to compete for titles.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Second yellow can happen but the first is totally inexcusable, wtf was he thinking so early in a derby, it was always going to be a guaranteed yellow.

Knew the minute he got it he wouldn't finish the game.

dirkey

FFS some of you knee jerkers. Getting a very stupid and costly red doesn't automatically mean you become shite the next week.
And to those of us who haven't thought he was good enough anyway? Is it still knee jerk? What is it exactly that makes him good enough? The 1 in 5 games where he actually looks good enough? His terrible passing? His terrible decision making? His terrible injury record?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Up there with Thiago Silva moronic WC quarter-final.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
His first yellow was stupid, his second he was left with no choice after Valencia decided to lose the ball and expose him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
First one was stupid from him, but I guess he took it for the team, but someone from attackers should be doing those things, not defenders.

Insane. Probably should have been taken off in favour of McNair after the firs yellow as he was always going to get sent off at some point after that.
Yeah, because he was sent off ten times for us in the past.

Minimalist

Anyone saying this a knee-jerk reaction clearly hasn't been watching this dick for the last couple of seasons.

He's not dependable in the slightest.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm sure he feels worse than anyone about it. Van Gaal needs to have a chat with him, especially about the first yellow and then his recklessness of getting the 2nd one when he knew he was already on a first.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Absolutely stupid from him today. No doubt he's f*cked us.

We need Ed to splash the cash again in January. None of our centre-backs are near reliable enough.

Eugenius

Who have said he went from brilliant to shit?
He went from not good enough to be a starter for a team aspiring to compete for titles, to showing he isn't smart enough to be a starter for a team aspiring to compete for titles.
Read page ten of the thread, then read this one.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
No secret I absolutely love the man, but I must admit I was furious at his stupid first yellow. I'm not sure if there was a quick counter on for City that he was trying to hold up, but it was a ridiculous decision.

The second yellow I have no issue with. That's a standard yellow card for a defender that has happened and will happen millions of times. No defender should be pillaged for a late sliding tackle.

The first card did him.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I say it after the majority of games he plays for us, he just appears so gormless, clueless and clumsy particularly when he has the ball at his feet.

No matter where the original mistake came from, that challenge was so stupid. The first yellow is the one which really got to me though.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The 2nd yellow is much more forgivable. These things happen when you've been abandoned by your full back. But the first one. Why? That is always, always given as a yellow. You never get away with blocking the goalkeepers kick. Just brainless. I'm a big fan of Smalling, but he's quite probably lost us this game single handed.

We are in dire need of experience at the back. We are just absolutely wild defensively at the moment.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
What an absolute f*cking dickhead blocking the kick out. We all knew he was gonna get a yellow for it & that he wouldnt be able to make any cynical fouls for the rest of the match. Then he goes & gets a 2nd yellow.

Is he on a bookie's payroll? Friggin looks like it!

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thick c unt. I hope somebody leathers the twat at half time.

Ekeke

The first yellow was clearly taking one for the team as we had defenders up for a corner and were incredibly suspect on the counter.

The second yellow he's covering Valencia on the right who isn't in position. However you just dont dive in like that on a yellow. Stupid mistake

Still our most solid CB but now another bunch of games where he's not playing. Brilliant

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mad stuff.
First one, just get back to position. Hart isn't going to set an attack up from...a kick! There's 10 players behind you!

The second one, my word, it wasn't a last ditch challenge there, just let their twat have it and jockey,

Absolute killer, and the second half will be a sh!T game of damage limitation.

MDFC Manager

Both cards were fecking stupid. I don't know why people are defending the second card.

DevilRed

On the verge of giving up on him really. Just another in a long line of shit defending by the Jones/Evans/Smalling trio.

Literally does he have no brain? Getting the first yellow card was stupid enough..but the second wasn't even a last ditch tackle. milner was only crossing the fecking ball and its panic stations.

Honestly, I don't know if he has what it takes to make it as anything more than a squad player. Maybe with the departure of Fergie we really need to clean house and start all over.

Natener

I don't mind the sending off challenge. It was a bad decision to slide in, but it was part of a defensive play. He committed and was late, so be it. What I can't accept though was his first booking. Why did he have to do that? What was there to achieve? It was so early in a big game. You have a good hour to go where your team is playing one of the top sides in the league, and you put yourself at risk of a second yellow with basically an idiotic offense. Absolute knob he was this game.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Flip this Canary that first yellow was absolutely ridiculous so early in the match, I knew it was going to cost us, what an absolute idiot.

JackXX

I just don't know what he was thinking on both occasions. Really disappointing. It's a shame as we've been doing well.