Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Think he only meant that for longer term injuries. Both Shaw and Carrick picked up knocks for the national team a month ago and came back the next weekend to play (same with di Maria). It's only when a player is out after bigger injuries, like blind, falcao, evans, whoever else.
Ahh-thanks. That makes sense.

Raw

Such a pisstake, though 2 weeks ain't bad. Only troubling game would be Liverpool at home, he'll miss Villa away then hopefully he'll be back for two tough games against Newcastle and Spurs on the 26th and the 28th respectively.

ZDwyr

Just needs to stay fit and play like he was before his injury.

roykeane19

I think he has what it takes to be one of our best defenders, if he can just stay fit, and get a good run of games, but therein lies the problem of course, ever since we've bought him, he was either injured or playing out of position

Ekeke

He's already our best defender and if you look at more than 1 season, he's stayed fit more than Jones or Evans.

DevilRed

Solid so far. Never will be great on the ball but at least he looks confident and solid at the back unlike Evans.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, bar the communication mishap for the corner Smalling has been the best CB yet again.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Been impressed with him since last season. He has the level required of a Man Utd defender, but injuries are a Big problem for him.

He should always start when fit, question is who should partner him, i am not sure if Rojo is good enough but we shall see after this season.

Skills

Snitch
Don't think its been one of his better performances. Fairly solid, but he's capable of being much better and completely dominating the box against even someone as big as Crouch.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
The only one in our 5-man defense who wasn't a garbage.
He should have done better for Stokes goal, unlucky not to give a penalty away and should have done better when Crouch hit the post with a header. None or our defenders can be proud of their individual performances today but I'd have him down as being the poorest of the lot.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He should have done better for Stokes goal, unlucky not to give a penalty away and should have done better when Crouch hit the post with a header. None or our defenders can be proud of their individual performances today but I'd have him down as being the poorest of the lot.
Clear as day, he's assigned to mark Diouf all game. For the first goal, Crouch was out of 'danger' area, and as the main CB, you don't go that far out of the center area. It is the duty of other players.

That 'penalty' claim was from a header 1 meter away.

That Crouch header that hit the post, maybe he could do better, but it was a back header that would be a wonderful goal if it went in.

DevilRed

Solid today and might have got away with a penalty decision.

We did a decent job against what is always a tough stoke side to play. Smalling really led the way in terms of being strong and physical.

Devil may care

The only one of the 3 senior CB's that has really looked like he has a shot here in the last 5 months IMO.

Revan

Assumptionman
Our best CB, which doesn't say much. But, he's the only one CB that I don't panick when someone is near him, neither expect him to make many mistakes.

He will be here next season. Not sure for the other two.

caid

I thought he played well beside the penalty.
He should know better than to have his arms raised in that position, we were lucky to get away with it.
Its the kind of stupid mistake that i wouldn't normally expect from him but between this and the city game its becoming a bit of a worrying habit.
He'd still be my first choice cb out of what we have despite that.

The way jones just hulk smashes into a challenge every so often injuring himself half the time is getting old.
When hes paying attention hes a good defender, hes quick which helps cover his mistakes most of the time. But i just dont trust him to pay attention all that often.
And while he should be good at bringing the ball out of defence he always bloody overruns it and gives it away making him completely rubbish at it because he loses it that way 4/5 times a match.

I thought evans was our best defender last season but the last month or two of last season and all of this hes been hopeless.
I suppose giving one ridiculously good chance away is an improvement over the mk dons farce but hes been really poor for a while now.

Smalling is pretty faultless defensively imo.
Hes weak on the ball but he knows that and he works around it. He looks awkward but he doesn't give it away to be fair to him.
Evans, Rojo and Jones are all more talented but all have been trying too hard and forcing stupid passes, putting them and the rest of the defence under pressure

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'm going to set up a shrine to pray for Chris Smalling's ongoing fitness, because without him I'd have blood pressure problems every time the opposition go forward. He's our only center back where I feel confident when the balls nearby. The others I'm just waiting for the inevitable feck up.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Of our defenders, I like Smalling most (of the ones that were on the pitch today). Today's performance was quite decent, and his drive to keep doing better impresses me.

Still think he and Rojo are our best combo for Centre Backs. Evans constantly makes me fearful and Jones is quite good but sometimes has brainfarts.

Dr Baltar

He's a terrible defender. I can't believe people are praising him after that game.
Still looks as clueless as he did when he first came here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a terrible defender. I can't believe people are praising him after that game.
Still looks as clueless as he did when he first came here.
Sorry but that's just complete rubbish. Yes he looks a bit clumsy but he's a very good defender on the floor and the air. Our best defender by far.

Acole9

Outstanding
Surprised to see that he's the second highest on the man of the match poll (unless the posters who voted are wumming). He really struggled today and couldn't cope with Crouch or Diouf. He seemed rather flustered every time the ball was in our box and could've given away a penalty.

Revan

Assumptionman
There is just one clueless person here, and that's you. Embarassing post, you probably dont even watch United as he is by far the best CB United got.
That pretty much means nothing nowadays. But agree that he is playing well (although not even near the standard of a top CB).

Ringo 07

Smalling has been very impressive this season. He doesn't get bullied anymore by giant opposition strikers. There could be a really top defender in him if he can stay injury free and keeps improving. Jones has been good too even if he's still getting used to being out on the right. Evans just isn't up to it though even if he has some good performances in him