Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Skills

Snitch
I hope they don't drug test him after this game, because he was on some strong stuff in that first 50 minutes. Seems to have worn off.

saivet

Thought he was very bad tonight. What's even more worrying, is that I also though he was a best defender.

Loublaze

ATLien
Thought he was very bad tonight. What's even more worrying, is that I also though he was a best defender.
Our entire defense was terrible. He recovered from it late in the second half. His tackle and drive forward to start a counter attack was pure sex

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Weird game from him. Two goals, some dodgy moments at the back but also some very good headed clearances. There was a spell where he was heading out everything that came in, reminded me of Vidic.

He has a nasty shirt pulling habit at corners though and he needs to stop because one day it will cost us.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Weird game from him. Two goals, some dodgy moments at the back but also some very good headed clearances. There was a spell where he was heading out everything that came in, reminded me of Vidic.

He has a nasty shirt pulling habit at corners though and he needs to stop because one day it will cost us.
Pretty much this. It was as bad as i've seen him defending at times when he's usually pretty reliable but was a beast for while too getting his head on everything.

Gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to having to play alongside Jonny Evans.

Devil may care

Great in the air at both ends tonight and his surge at the end was him smelling that hat-trick. Some defensive lapses though but given the disaster show that Evans and Rojo were to the left of him I am going to cut him a modicum of slack.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It's crazy to give him MoTM. Yes he scored 2 goals, but was guilty for one. Di Maria and Herrera were better.

However, how to rate a CB that can't defend but scores 2 goals I don't know.

Welbeckham

Two goals and decent second half. During the horrible first half, he wasn't good at all but still one of our better players.

NinjaFletch

It's crazy to give him MoTM. Yes he scored 2 goals, but was guilty for one. Di Maria and Herrera were better.

He wasn't at fault for the first. He gambled Ings would continue his run to the near post and got stuffed by a good ball and good movement. Rojo and the completely absent Evans were more at fault even if Smalling was closer.

Getsme

Hard to blame him for the goal, but his overall defending was shit. Saying that he played better when Burnley tired.

saivet

Only because he scored two goals, as well as have a very improved second half. First half was a shambles.
I know, but I'm sure other defenders have scored 2 goals in a game before within that time period.

Ringo 07

He was a liability tonight despite 2 nice goals. He has all the tools to become a top defender but doesn't seem to have the focus or first touch to realize his potential

Laphroaig

His worst defensive performance in ages but he's still winning us the match :lol:
This. He was shite defensively today, but being dropped for no reason for the poor Jones can't do much for his confidence and rhythm. Hopefully Smalling is back in our team next game and back to his best.

bugmat

One of the worst defensive halves of football in recent memory but he is putting our superstars strikers to shame!
Evans was ten times as bad! He was poor on the goal but so was Evans (marking the penalty spot) and second half Chris kept them out by himself. Man of the match, though given how bad we were generally that isn't saying much!

ChrisG11

Looked like a defender that hadn't played for a while today. Very heavy on his feet, Ings pretty much gave him the run around.

ZDwyr

Good goals. Pleased for him. Not his best game defensively though. Was poor for their goal and lost Ings a few times. He has to do better than that. Luckily for him with Jones out and Evans being a complete lost cause he will most likely get a run in the team again, where he will show that he is our best CB again (although Rojo is catching him).

Acole9

Outstanding
A 10 really? I gave him an 8 and I think I was being a touch generous.

Skills

Snitch
He's immense. When he doesn't fancy defending, he just goes up front and wins the game.

Kakeru

It was a case of the good (goals) and the bad (his defensive play) tonight. Fortunately for him, we didn't see the ugly. Nevertheless, he will have to do better than that on his defensive game when such should be his bread and butter.

mufcwarm92

He made two big defensive errors but also some crucial interceptions and blocks and 2 goals. A bizarre game for him.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Was better going forward and in their half than he was defensively. Made a few blocks and clearances and Burnley became less of a threat but when shit was hitting the fan, it was their finishing or De Gea stopping Smalling and Evans looking seriously stupid. Very poor at the back I thought. But it was a clusterfeck of a defence to be fair and having Rooney as the primary DM can't be easy.

Either way for MOTM sorts of things, I thought Di Maria was far better once he went out wide. Burnley couldn't handle him in the end.

m1y2

He made two big defensive errors but also some crucial interceptions and blocks and 2 goals. A bizarre game for him.
that's it shame some people are surprised with him being voted MOTM because of some of his errors. he did them and so did Evans and Rooney, Dimaria passing was shocking today but he made it up with good runs winning the penalty and workrate. Same with Smalling couple of not minor errors but he had also some outstanding blocks and headers. Some people just remember only the bad moments. It was really a bizzarre game for him but absolutely deserved the MOTM prize ahead of anyone. Not the 10. I gave him 8. In terms of defending it was 6 overall and two goals(one of them winning) for 1 point..

mu77

he gave it away for the first goal. lack of control on the ball. the other defenders failed to close. smalling did ok but that's all can be expected. and ffs jonny evans was out there tonight. partner him with rojo and i think he'd be better off. between him , jones and evans we look short of cb's. they are all pretty sh1t.

Loublaze

ATLien

He was MOTM for his winning goals, not MVP which I would give to Ings