Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He’s had a fantastic half, that one tackle on the West Brom player was really great in particular

Andersons Dietician

Smalling trying to impress Southgate by becoming an Attacking mid and orchestrating play, what you doing up there mate :lol:
Another solid display so far.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
MotM for me. Only one who isn’t a liability at crosses.
Only one who is capable of winning any headers by the looks of it. Rojo couldn't win a header against the likes of Mata, I have no idea how can someone rate Rojo that high being that poor in the air. It's criminal for a defender. Jones was very quiet too, not imposing enough, except that one or two times where he made himself like a fool.

Rossa

Only one who is capable of winning any headers by the looks of it. Rojo couldn't win a header against the likes of Mata, I have no idea how can someone rate Rojo that high being that poor in the air. It's criminal for a defender. Jones was very quiet too, not imposing enough, except that one or two times where he made himself like a fool.
Spot on. Smalling also had to cover for Jones a couple of times who left too much space in behind.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Ever since being dropped by England he seems to have attempted to show he's not as bad on the ball as what everyone says. And he's actually done it well. Obviously he'll never be a proper ball-playing defender, but he seems to have improved massively. Significantly better with his distribution than Jones has been the last two matches. Better at moving it forward, but he's also improved his general passing to people near him, giving it to them or in front rather than always behind them like he has always had a bad habit of doing.

Andersons Dietician

Ever since being dropped by England he seems to have attempted to show he's not as bad on the ball as what everyone says. And he's actually done it well. Obviously he'll never be a proper ball-playing defender, but he seems to have improved massively. Significantly better with his distribution than Jones has been the last two matches. Better at moving it forward, but he's also improved his general passing to people near him, giving it to them or in front rather than always behind them like he has always had a bad habit of doing.
You know since he’s been dropped, he’s probably shown he is the best English defender around. I think think too much is made of his supposed lack of skill on the ball. It’s one of those things that has just snow balled in to existence that it is now believed by everyone that he is rubbish on the ball.

MadMike

That's the guy many fans in here wanted us to get rid off last summer. Not surprisingly, some people still do.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
You know since he’s been dropped, he’s probably shown he is the best English defender around. I think think too much is made of his supposed lack of skill on the ball. It’s one of those things that has just snow balled in to existence that it is now believed by everyone that he is rubbish on the ball.
Definitely. He's always looked worse on the ball than what he actually is. I'm not denying that he's poor with the ball, but he's not as bad as many people make out. His worst fault has always been how he passes slightly behind players instead of to them or in front of them, and as such slows down our play. He's rarely ever given the ball away in dangerous spots or put people into difficult positions.

The question can be asked about why it seemed to be getting dropped by England and publicly embarrassed to push him to show he can actually be semi-decent with the ball. It is a little annoying. But if he can keep up this improvement than ultimately we won't complain.

Rossa

For one being as technically limited as Smalling, it is strange how he (along with Valencia) is seemingly the only one capable of controlling and clearing the ball inside of our own 18 yard box. Rojo made a silly technical mistake that could have led to a goal; Matic can’t clear the ball to save his life, it seems. Smalling does defending technically quite well, I think.

Bobski

He always looks much better on the ball when paying rcb. When controlling the ball he likes to take the ball across his body to his strong side, play on the right and then you can move the ball quickly, the same thing on the left requires additional body movements and slows everything down.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Was he waiting for an invite to stop Mahrez making that pass?
Step up and get in his face ffs
:lol:

He was never going to stop anything other than Mahrez dribbling him. He was the only one acting mature enough in this attack ffs, our entire defence slept on the halfway line.

IrishRedDevil

Hardly his fault. The rest of the buffoons were casually jogging back.
I'm not saying it was his fault, of course not, but I feel like he should have stepped up and even made a last ditch tackle before Mahrez had a chance to make the pass. Even if he gave a free kick away.

Ekeke

Always a few crazies who see that hes on the pitch and feel the need to blame him for everything on that basis. He did a good job getting back.

Stringer

I'm not saying it was his fault, of course not, but I feel like he should have stepped up and even made a last ditch tackle before Mahrez had a chance to make the pass. Even if he gave a free kick away.
He was the last man. Could have been a red card which would have been worse.

Jaybomb

Just dreadful.

What will it take for people to realise he’s shite? We’ll never win the Premier League as long as Smalling, Jones and Young are our starting defenders.

And people wonder why I wanted Mourinho to sign the likes of Sandro, Van Dijk and Luiz.

Stringer

Just dreadful.

What will it take for people to realise he’s shite? We’ll never win the Premier League as long as Smalling, Jones and Young are our starting defenders.

And people wonder why I wanted Mourinho to sign the likes of Sandro, Van Dijk and Luiz.
:lol: Clueless.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Fecking Lindelof and Jones were fecking ball watching, and late in everything.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
And have Mahrez easily beat him when he jumps in? Last man back making a foul and he could be sent off. The last thing you ever do in that position is just throw in a challenge.

He was pretty fecked there. Jones and Young way too high up. Lindelof too probably, I don't remember where he even was.

IrishRedDevil

Always a few crazies who see that hes on the pitch and feel the need to blame him for everything on that basis. He did a good job getting back.
Nobody is blaming him! I just feel like he could have dealt with it differently rather than standing off for that 1/2 seconds. I would have liked him to step up and even make a tackle. Of course Mahrez would have easily dribbled passed him and scored himself, but standing off and letting the pass to Vardy was just too easy.

The other defenders should have been there to support him of course.

Hammondo

Just dreadful.

Smalling did exactly what he should have.

Jaybomb

:lol: Clueless.
Are you watching the same game as me? He’s fecking shitting himself at the sight of Vardy.

A good defender would have got stuck into Mahrez instead of fecking containing and waiting for him to square it.

Yes Jones and Lindelof were at fault too. The problem lies with all of them. The reason our defensive stars are so good is because of De Gea.

Ekeke

Nobody is blaming him! I just feel like he could have dealt with it differently rather than standing off for that 1/2 seconds. I would have liked him to step up and even make a tackle. Of course Mahrez would have easily dribbled passed him and scored himself, but standing off and letting the pass to Vardy was just too easy.

The other defenders should have been there to support him of course.
When you're the last man you dont dive in, you delay the attacker so your team can get back in shape. If he dives in and doesnt stop the attack he gets blamed. Could be sent off too.

Member 90678

He just an absolute clown!
It's like he was waiting for someone to tell him to tackle but no one did so he just stood there and did nothing instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.