Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

p2pZeus

Excessive bad language
Last player im gonna rant at before going to bed. How long can this turd of shit continue to be selected? He is a professional player, all he does when put under pressure, is turn his body and pass back to keeper. absolute fat piece of shit. we should hv fecked off this moron long time ago.

Andersons Dietician

Smalling even checked where HIS man was seconds before running off to cover the man Matic was already goalside of. Valencia was covering for the back post ball (their number 11).
Valencia can see the whole play, Smalling has moved across Valencia should be moving across and be spotting the danger since he was looking at it. To think anything less is just mind boggling. You go to where the danger is. You don’t hold your position if there isn’t a threat there. That’s just stupidity.

Were you the same person on here arguing the Chelsea game when Smalling went to the immediate danger and had to leave his man?

Hitchez

Last player im gonna rant at before going to bed. How long can this turd of shit continue to be selected? He is a professional player, all he does when put under pressure, is turn his body and pass back to keeper. absolute fat piece of shit. we should hv fecked off this moron long time ago.
Oh boy. Now this is a truly shite post unlike Smalling's performance.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Valencia can see the whole play, Smalling has moved across Valencia should be moving across and be spotting the danger since he was looking at it. To think anything less is just mind boggling. You go to where the danger is. You don’t hold your position if there isn’t a threat there. That’s just stupidity.

Were you the same person on here arguing the Chelsea game when Smalling went to the immediate danger and had to leave his man?
Where was the immediate danger in the area Smalling was running into? Matic was goalside of his man. Smalling was left in no mans land as per.

All 3 United

Where was the immediate danger in the area Smalling was running into? Matic was goalside of his man. Plus he doesn’t get anywhere near to moving across as there wasn’t enough time, just like there wasn’t enough time for Valencia to move across. Smalling was left in no mans land as per.

Andersons Dietician

Where was the immediate danger in the area Smalling was running into? Matic was goalside of his man. Smalling was left in no mans land as per.
I suggest you go watch it again because Matic doesn’t have a clue of the guy behind him and he has pulled off of Matic and is completely free for any cut back and Smalling has to go to cover it.

All 3 United

I suggest you go watch it again because Matic doesn’t have a clue of the guy behind him and he has pulled off of Matic and is completely free for any cut back and Smalling has to go to cover it.
Matic knows where HIS man is and is in a good position had they played the shorter ball. Smalling attempts to go across probably because he miss reads the cross and let’s his man go.

Andersons Dietician

Matic knows where HIS man is and is in a good position had they played the shorter ball. Smalling attempts to go across probably because he miss reads the cross and let’s his man go.
Not a chance. Anyway this is stupid. In my opinion your interpretation of events is completely wrong and I’m sure you feel the same way about mine so cheerio.

Bobski

Thought he was fine. That chance could have been defended better by all 3 of Matic, Smalling and Valencia but defenders were not the problem tonight, yet again I should say.

Agree with the Matic drifting a yard too far off his man in interpretation of that first half chance.

Antonedwin

Not gonna comment on his defensive Performance cause the only reason we got clean sheet is de gea

This why we aren't gonna play a good football.
He gets the ball > pass to Valencia > hoof
He gets the ball , back pass to de gea > hoof

Every single time since his pathetic passing game put other under pressure & can't pick nice forward pass
It works when we had fellaini which is why he is more important than fans thought

Edit : stones ? That's why pep bought his replacement , how long do you think smalling going to survive under pep ? He is the first name pep going to bin , he hates player who can't play with their feet and so do i.

Edit 2. All clean sheets credit goes to de gea & romero , not him , your stats are bollocks @Loublaze

Last edited:

el3mel

Honestly not good enough. His apologists will still be defending him anyway though.

RonaldoVII

Not gonna comment on his defensive Performance but this is why we aren't gonna play a good football.
He gets the ball , pass to Valencia = hoof
He gets the ball , back pass to de gea = hoof

Every single time since his pathetic passing game put others under pressure
Would you prefer someone like Stones who costs goals often?

Loublaze

ATLien
Not gonna comment on his defensive Performance cause the only reason we got clean sheet is de gea

This why we aren't gonna play a good football.
He gets the ball > pass to Valencia > hoof
He gets the ball , back pass to de gea > hoof

Every single time since his pathetic passing game put other under pressure & can't pick nice forward pass
It works when we had fellaini which is why he is more important than fans thought

Edit : stones ? That's why pep bought his replacement , how long do you think smalling going to survive under pep ? He is the first name pep going to bin , he hates player who can't play with their feet and so do i.
19th clean sheet for Smalling this season. Among the highest numbers in Europe, most for a single CB in England.

Rossa

You mean before you are banned? What an atrocious post!

binary bot
Made 1 mistake, was otherwise very good in a performance where the midfield and attack offered very little ball retention.

Rossa

I’d say that after DDG, he was our motm. He made several vital blocks, read the game well and covered for Valencia who clearly had an off day.

It says a lot that after all his good work today, people focus on one incident which could or could not be his fault, and ultimately resulted in DDG bailing whomever out. A team effort. We played badly today as a team.

Why are people so frickin concerned with dealing blame for ddg’s save? It was a save, no goal. Those are really hard to defend. Good ball in. Great save!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The team have shite striker, shite attacking play, and shite midfield and fullbacks. But the solution to all this problem is once again, we should replace a CB.

el3mel

The team have shite striker, shite attacking play, and shite midfield and fullbacks. But the solution to all this problem is once again, we should replace a CB.
All these are getting criticized in their thread.

This is Smalling's thread you know. We're only supposed to talk about Smalling here.

Javi

Would give Smalling the boot. The guy doesn't even seem to comprehend the point of CB's splitting on the corner of the box if the keeper has the ball since he always runs forward if he himself can't get available there. It's not about you homie, you might open space for somebody else. Classic also when he then commands the players forward by wild gesticulation like anybody cares what he thinks.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
All these are getting criticized in their thread.

This is Smalling's thread you know. We're only supposed to talk about Smalling here.
You're right. But this Smalling thread has been the most active one in the last few games. Why is that?

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
19th clean sheet for Smalling this season. Among the highest numbers in Europe, most for a single CB in England.
Posting stats like that is ironic considering you were dismissing all the stats depicting Smallings ineptness earlier in this thread.

@Pogue Mahone you might be forced to make a quick entry even though you’re trying hard to stay out!

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He was as important as De Gea today. Anything went through the other defenders, Smalling was there. Anything went through Chris, De Gea was there.

He blocked his fair share of dangerous shots from all sorts of positions in the box. I can't believe that the people who doesn't see that Smalling deserves a better partner and fullback are watching entire games, they must be on their phones, looking up to see one mistake and go ballistic.

When we setup like this, he isn't going to be the one to make something happen from the back. He's a safety first type of defender, and today the whole team played like Smalling. I'd say its okay for 1 defender to play like that, but the whole team? That's too much safety. Smalling did his job tho. Not really a terrible showing from Lindelof this game either

Reactions: Kag

Rossa

The way he took out their striker for that low cross in the second half was sublime. If Smalling hadn’t judged him and gotten in his way, he would surely have at least attempted a finish; not the best of finishers the Sevilla players, thankfully.

But yes, let’s only focus on the negative. We are great fans, all of us.

He was the second least of our worries tonight. Our defense was solid. Our midfield and attack didn’t function. Little Smalling could do with that.

el3mel

This thread shouldn't be that active, as he's one of the last problem in our team lackluster performance.
I didn't find any problem with that tbh.

As far as you can say there're people who always have agenda against him, I also think many here are defending him nonstop. It's about balanced for me.

Sylar

He did... ok
Thought he was at fault for the chance though. There wasnt really an attacker in front of him for him to move across like that. Think he needed to stay with his man.

Thought he did well in the first half when it looked like he was beaten but recovered so well.

Bobski

Yep Smalling it to blame for every performance! :rolleyes:
Every performance and everyone's performance. All our problems start with him after all.

Takes me back to Utd fans blaming Smalling and Jones for Falcao being shite for Utd. Their passing from the back was the reason he miscontrolled every ball and fell over under the slightest pressure. So desperate for El Tigre to be what they hoped they had to find some excuse for him.

You could have Beckenbauer back there and Utd would still set up to play in the same way. This is the Mourinho experience.

Loublaze

ATLien
Posting stats like that is ironic considering you were dismissing all the stats depicting Smallings ineptness earlier in this thread.

@Pogue Mahone you might be forced to make a quick entry even though you’re trying hard to stay out!
Gotta bring your buddy in to back you up eh? Which specific stats are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.