Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandyman

Played well yesterday but it's only a matter of time till the next game he looks even slightly nervous and we concede, and he gets blamed for the goal.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
:lol: And he just got away with it. The linesman seemed to tell him to calm down. Officials are being very lenient to both sides.
I think Salah threw his elbow into his side which caused the reaction from Smalling, could be wrong but that's how it looked on TV to me at least.

Anyway loved his passion, reminded me of the time him and Balotelli clashed

I don't think a lot of people realise he's a former Judo champ, the guy is a physical collosus.
Think him and Bailly are our best CB options, Jones can't stay fit and I can see Rojo leaving tbh.

Web of Bissaka

I think Salah threw his elbow into his side which caused the reaction from Smalling, could be wrong but that's how it looked on TV to me at least.

Anyway loved his passion, reminded me of the time him and Balotelli clashed

I don't think a lot of people realise he's a former Judo champ, the guy is a physical collosus.
Think him and Bailly are our best CB options, Jones can't stay fit and I can see Rojo leaving tbh.
Interesting.

That Balotelli. :lol: Smalling was just unfazed. :devil: And the two travelling fans calming Balotelli down, nice to see.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
When the ball is at his feet it's like that episode of Father Ted where Jack sobers up.
Yeah, our attacking and midfield player showed great quality on the ball yet again. It's only Smalling that is shit on the ball. Let's not forget he gives the ball away to attacking players all the time, unlike Bailly.

Bobski

Bad miss at the back post. Not sure it would have made much of a difference, think it was still 2-0 at the time? but has to be taken.

Bwuk

Not the only one but it’s annoying how poor the whole back 4 are at passing forward.

We can’t keep going this way.

arnie_ni

Bad miss at the back post. Not sure it would have made much of a difference, think it was still 2-0 at the time? but has to be taken.
It shouldn't be hjm running around back post. Thats were your poachers should go that can't win headers. He should be in the middle of the goal. Mata or sanchez should have been coming onto that. In saying that he still should have scored

Bobski

I’m waiting for the wave of naysayers to blame Smalling for this debacle.
He gave a bad pass out to Valencia, slightly behind him which forced Tony to mishit a simple 15 yard pass, Pogba not to track a runner and Bailly to stand off the striker for their first goal.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not the only one but it’s annoying how poor the whole back 4 are at passing forward.

We can’t keep going this way.
Yeah his on the ball ability tends to be poor in general. Misplaces too many passes.

manunited1919

He gave a bad pass out to Valencia, slightly behind him which forced Tony to mishit a simple 15 yard pass, Pogba not to track a runner and Bailly to stand off the striker for their first goal.
So?
Now a defender can’t make a wrong pass ever?

ti vu

He was not at fault for our goals, or conceded chance. So a good defensive performance. The ever problem is when we need more than defensive ability, his inability to play out from the back is the problem, especially when the other around him had bad game in term of playing out from the back that included Valencia, Bailly and Young

Bobski

Oh, so you are not one of the naysayers then?
No, I think he is a capable defender, not world class, far from terrible, not someone we can not improve on, but also someone who would be a very solid 3rd/4th option if we do find a world class option.

Feel that certain players become a lightening rod for criticism that should be aimed at the manager.

manunited1919

No, I think he is a capable defender, not world class, far from terrible, not someone we can not improve on, but also someone who would be a very solid 3rd/4th option if we do find a world class option.

Feel that certain players become a lightening rod for criticism that should be aimed at the manager.
We’re of the same thoughts.

AP88

Supports
Man City

Jones and even more so Bailly don’t suit him; he’s a primitive but effective stopper who requires a calm ball-player next to him. Blind was ideal, and Toby Alderweireld would be an upgrade on Daley.

Manny

Grammar Police
Only know to pass to Valencia, Bailly and Young all game. Even in dying minutes he still passing to Young. :lol:
It happened throughout the game, long stints of sideways passing. It was hilarious :lol:

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The fecking period where the defense literally passed to one another for about 10 seconds before Valencia lost the ball and Sevilla scored was infuriating.

SteveW

Did fine. Think himself and Bailly have the makings of a partnership

Jaybomb

I don’t even know why I come into this thread anymore.

To think there’s some fans that think the likes of Smalling, Jones and Young “have the makings” of anything besides being absolute rubbish is beyond me. It actually frustrates me that some fans’ standards have dropped that low, that they would actually expect better from them. Here’s the harsh reality... they can’t do any better. This is their ceiling. They’re average English mid table quality players. Some people don’t like to hear the truth but there it is. If they were sold tomorrow, they would be joining Jonny Evans at West Brom. And Jonny Evans was a better player.

I’m not watching us next season if we persist with these three. I’m not trusting in the club OR Mourinho until he sorts this out. I want my fecking United back.

Sylar

Think this is fair
Don't think he should be a starter for us
Think he would be useful for coming on if we are facing a spell where teams are pumping balls nto our box (strangely our tactic now lol)

Acole9

Outstanding
He can defend well and is a decent header of the ball, but it's so awkward watching him with the ball at his feet.

Red_toad

To think there’s some fans that think the likes of Smalling, Jones and Young “have the makings” of anything besides being absolute rubbish is beyond me. It actually frustrates me that some fans’ standards have dropped that low, that they would actually expect better from them. Here’s the harsh reality... they can’t do any better. This is their ceiling. They’re average English mid table quality players. Some people don’t like to hear the truth but there it is. If they were sold tomorrow, they would be joining Jonny Evans at West Brom. And Jonny Evans was a better player.

I’m not watching us next season if we persist with these three. I’m not trusting in the club OR Mourinho until he sorts this out. I want my fecking United back.

Does that mean you'll also not be posting on redcaf?
Enjoying throwing those toys out of your pram. Shows how wonderful your support is. I'm afraid you won't be missed...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If he'd put that great chance away at the back post we'd have been in with a shot. Lukaku missed a chance not long after too, shortly before he then scored. We could've been fully back in it, which would either have spurred the players on more or hurt more. Probably the latter.

Ekeke

It happened throughout the game, long stints of sideways passing. It was hilarious :lol:
Its really strange how Chris Smalling gets laughed at for sideways passing, but McTominay is posted about as something special because he does it.

Giggs86

The fecking period where the defense literally passed to one another for about 10 seconds before Valencia lost the ball and Sevilla scored was infuriating.
They were doing it all game long, sideways passing to each other and then a pass to Valencia/Young to hoof it. My blood was boiling. Don't blame them though, it is on Mourinho.

Acole9

Outstanding
Im not sure which of our players arent awkward to watch when they have the ball at their feet right now.
In terms of defenders only Bailly which is why he's getting a free pass from our fan base currently.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

To think there’s some fans that think the likes of Smalling, Jones and Young “have the makings” of anything besides being absolute rubbish is beyond me. It actually frustrates me that some fans’ standards have dropped that low, that they would actually expect better from them.
Both Young and Smalling had great games against Liverpool just a few days ago, which you could make a case for being a better team than Sevilla, so 'they can't do better' seems a silly thing to say. It's just your opinion man, don't get all holy on us with that standards have dropped shit. Like you are any different. You think Rojo is this big United-player, and our answer to Sergio Ramos, get a grip!

Loublaze

ATLien

Good riddance. I hope you follow Rojo too if he goes this summer :lol:. Jonny Evans was utterly rubbish in his last few seasons at United and rightfully sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.