Christian Brueckner named as key suspect in Madeline McCann case | German Police state this is a murder investigation

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Pretty much what Penna said. I'd hate to put a number on it but let's say thousands of children have gone missing since. Why is Madeline seemingly more important or worth more resources?

And I don't think I'd ever leave my 3 year child alone like they left her so it's hard for me to imagine if it was me.
It doesn't matter what you would or wouldn't have done or what Madeleines parents did. The only thing that matters is if there is a chance that the girl can be found safely then the police must pursue it .

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Maybe you should be a person of interest..

Doing everything you can to get the investigation closed. It all adds up. How often do you visit Portugal?
It's been over 10 years since I last went.

Bubz27

It doesn't matter what you would or wouldn't have done or what Madeleines parents did. The only thing that matters is if there is a chance that the girl can be found safely then the police must pursue it .
If that was true there'd be a lot more open cases receiving the level of funding that this case gets.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Shes never going to be found safe and sound. Best case scenario is that she has been abducted by some weirdos who couldn’t have children of their own — which would still be traumatic as hell. Worst case, if she’s alive still.. I don’t even want to type it.

She’s dead, but it would be good for her parents to find closure.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Her parents are guilty of child neglect and should have been prosecuted. Who goes out for tapas and wine for the evening and leaves their young children sleeping back in the hotel room? fecking idiots.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why don't you quote me and call me pathetic? At least say it with your chest.
Waste of time. Pretty obvious who it was about. You’re not the only one. Just can’t understand that mentality.

Tarrou

Really hope for the parents sake this gets resolved, what a tortuous life they must have led since this happened. But I’ve lost count of how many times we’ve heard something like this...

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Look do you want me to find McCann or do you want me to play by the rules. Your call.
Great, now we know you're one of the investigators on the case so you've just doxxed yourself. Text and words

Bubz27

Waste of time. Pretty obvious who it was about. You’re not the only one. Just can’t understand that mentality.
That's funny because it's quite rude to say someone isn't normal when they're just expressing their own opinion which, coincidentally, is held by many others as well.

Regardless, I still think the opposite of you. I think it's completely unfair that so many resources have gone into finding this girl when at least thousands of other children have been kidnapped and don't get even half the help. Even worse when you consider the reasons why the McCanns may have received more help than others. Social status, race and looks likely played a part, which is so sad.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
People who believed the idiotic theories that they had something to do with it will be in shambles right now.
They obviously had something to do with it, child neglect played a massive role in her disappearance, I'm not saying they were the ones who killed her or whatever, but to call people idiots for thinking they had something to do with it is in itself idiotic.

Though if you mean something to do with it as in, they kidnapped or murdered her then I agree with you, high profile cases tend to bring out the theorists.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
@MaxiPaxi No point putting them through a prosecution when they had already lost so much already and had two other children to care for, plus you add the other families there with them doing the same thing. Yes its was idiotic but they paid enough for their sins.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
@MaxiPaxi No point putting them through a prosecution when they had already lost so much already and had two other children to care for, plus you add the other families there with them doing the same thing. Yes its was idiotic but they paid enough for their sins.
I read that they used some donations on home renovations, is that true? I only watched the documentary about this case so I'm not THAT in the know.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I hope they find her or at least the cnut that did it, not really fussed about the cost of it all as it's not really relevant to any of us as it's not our money.

TheReligion

Abusive
Looking at what's been mentioned the suspect was;

* A convicted sex offender, more specifically a paedophile.

* Rented an apartment in Praia da Luz for several years.

* Began living in a campervan in the areas 12 months before McCann went missing.

* Is confirmed to be in Praia da Luz at the time of her disappearance.

* Has activity on his phone in the hour leading up to her disappearance.

* Transferred the registration of his vehicle to another name the day after her disappearance.

Certainly seems a very solid person of interest given he meets the profile, knew the area well and clearly had good links with locals and associates near by. That said the information is all circumstancial at the moment (unless more is being held back). Would be interested to know who he is and what his previous offences are and what he's serving time for currently. People in the area must know who he is given he lived there for a period so perhaps not as difficult to work out his movements and who he spoke to on the phone as first thought.

If the Portuguese hadn't fluffed about with this for over a year I really do think it would be solved.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Looking at what's been mentioned the suspect was;

* A convicted sex offender, more specifically a paedophile.

* Rented an apartment in Praia da Luz for several years.

* Began living in a campervan in the areas 12 months before McCann went missing.

* Is confirmed to be in Praia da Luz at the time of her disappearance.

* Has activity on his phone in the hour leading up to her disappearance.

* Transferred the registration of his vehicle to another name the day after her disappearance.

Certainly seems a very solid person of interest given he meets the profile, knew the area well and clearly had good links with locals and associates near by. That said the information is all circumstancial at the moment (unless more is being held back). Would be interested to know who he is and what his previous offences are and what he's serving time for currently. People in the area must know who he is given he lived there for a period so perhaps not as difficult to work out his movements and who he spoke to on the phone as first thought.

If the Portuguese hadn't fluffed about with this for over a year I really do think it would be solved.
It seems strange that if he really had good links with locals and associates that none of them have dobbed him in to the press before now, considering what shedloads they might make as exclusive witnesses for the the Mail, the Sun or whatever.

TheReligion

Abusive
It seems strange that if he really had good links with locals and associates that none of them have dobbed him in to the press before now, considering what shedloads they might make as exclusive witnesses for the the Mail, the Sun or whatever.
I guess if there were of a similar disposition to him when it came to their sexual desires it may be prudent to keep quiet?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I read that they used some donations on home renovations, is that true? I only watched the documentary about this case so I'm not THAT in the know.
No.

There are freely available accounts of their foundation available online.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes possibly, but there must be money to be made by anyone with even a bit of knowledge. Only surmising of course, I ain't no expert or anything.
I don't know how much they pay for a story but yeah I'm sure there's money to be had.

It's 13 years on now though. I guess some witnesses may have died and other factors come in the longer it goes on.

Becomes hard to definitively solve something like this.