Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
First half his passing was exquisite. Nonexistent after we went a goal up. EtH should have moved him to #10 or take him off earlier than that.

His quality will show when we play games that want to put men behind the ball and defend the space. Teams like Liverpool and So’ton like to press high and push us back which is where his deficiencies will show.

RedRoach

Our only midfielder who can switch play and pass creatively from deep. Need to figure out how to unlock more of that

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Our best player in the first half with some lovely balls. He faded in the second especially after we conceded and dropped deep. At that point Fred should have come on IMO.

edgecutter

Gets gassed early in the second half. Just wish was a few years younger because he is quality

The United

Oh come on now, have you see Donny? He avoids the ball at all costs and whenever he does get it he passes it sideways as quickly as humanly possible.
I am not saying Donny should play. I am saying that is almost how bad Eriken seems to play after about 30-40 mins in almost every game for us.

slored1

He looked finished from the 50th minute onwards. Good first half but we can't rely on him to play 90 minutes per game.

SAFMUTD

He's really soft defensively, and as many have mentioned he looked fatigued after the 60th minute.

Lyng

He should be over number 10 for the first 60 minutes and then sub him off for Bruno the last 40.

el3mel

He's obviously washed out. It was wrong to think he's able to start every game. Should take Mata's position on the bench and be a squad option only.

Lyng

He's obviously washed out. It was wrong to think he's able to start every game. Should take Mata's position on the bench and be a squad option only.
No he should be starting ahead of Bruno and then swap with him at the 60 minute mark.

ForeverRed1

Haven’t seen the best of him yet.. there’s some goals and assists in him though and will be important for us this season.

Kag

His quality on the ball is as good as ever. He’ll need to be managed a little more carefully, though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He played well before he gassed out, but I still don’t think he’s that compatible with the role he’s playing at the moment. He still looks like a no.10 playing deeper rather than a natural CM. We still miss that profile of player in the whole side; someone who ticks the ball moving in the middle half of the pitch. It’s what Frenkie was supposed to come and do, but that’s basically dead now.

Guess ten Hag will just have to adapt to what he’s got. Casemiro + 2 of Fred/McTom/Eriksen/Fernandes.

Dominos

He's still a concern for me in the sense his presence seems to have fooled people into thinking a 2nd midfield signing (after Casemiro) isn't a priority. He can still be a useful signing but I don't think he's the answer to our midfield woes.

He's capable of some good passes but I don't think we've seen much of an overall ability to control a game with his passing from that deep midfield position. He's lacking in the physicality, combativeness and stamina to compete in that midfield role for 90 minutes, there's so many instances where I feel he should be putting himself about and making challenges but he seems to lack the necessary aggression.

Skills

Snitch
He's playing on the wrong side of the pitch. One of his strengths I'd putting an early cross and that's been completey nullified by playing him on the left side.

It's like playing KDB as a LCM.

gibs0nic

Supports
united and barcelona
C.E. will be much better when the attackers understand how to run :-)
step by step...

el3mel

No he should be starting ahead of Bruno and then swap with him at the 60 minute mark.
Eriksen hasn't actually provided anything so far to think he should be a starter every week. Also that "60 minute" point.. This isn't Fifa.

izec

He is very useful and very good squad option, but obviously needs to be managed. An important asset on a free. However, we need another midfielder, no doubt.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
His passing from deep is good but it's like having Ryan Giggs as a CM in his late 30s, we would need to play 5 midfielders to get something out of this. Will be interesting with Casemiro but Erisken quite unsurprisingly lacks legs. Having played with McT doesn't help at all though.

Also why do we have 5 subs and make only 3 and Eriksen who is gassed so quickly gets substitute in the 92th minute. Rreally bad man management from ETH.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
His passing from deep is good but it's like having Ryan Giggs as a CM in his late 30s, we would need to play 5 midfielders to get something out of this. Will be interesting with Casemiro but Erisken quite unsurprisingly lacks legs. Having played with McT doesn't help at all though.

Also why do we have 5 subs and make only 3 and Eriksen who is gassed so quickly gets substitute in the 92th minute. Rreally bad man management from ETH.
I think he could be useful as a wide playmaker against teams that park the bus to get the lead where his lac of physicality won't hurt us

SATA

I can’t see what he brings to the team? We also can’t have two nearly knackered players on the pitch after 60 minutes ( the other being Sancho). He’s a luxury signing who’s familiar for and to ten Hag

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I think he could be useful as a wide playmaker against teams that park the bus to get the lead where his lac of physicality won't hurt us
That as well or as a 10 instead of Bruno. He also played up some minutes up top for ETH, so I guess he would be well suited to be closer to goal, because there is some hold up play in him. All in all he shouldn't stay for longer than 70 minutes, we have possibly another Matic situation. Obviously at least he was free but shouldn't be a guaranteed starter..

Longlivekeano

He brings composure, passing range, excellent set pieces and runs back to offer positioning stability. His stamina and team play will improve with more matches and time to get know others better

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
His fitness and ability to last 90 minutes is why he'll be a rotation option for us rather than a guaranteed starter most weeks.

Skills

Snitch
His fitness and ability to last 90 minutes is why he'll be a rotation option for us rather than a guaranteed starter most weeks.
He's the perfect sub for Fernandes around 60 mins. They shouldn't be on the pitch at the same time

Red-17

Really should have been subbed off for either Donny or Fred around 65-70 minutes. Either get the defensive workrate from Fred or the fresh legs and link up/hold up play from van de Beek. Only real complaint from ten Hag today.

P-Nut

He's the perfect sub for Fernandes around 60 mins. They shouldn't be on the pitch at the same time
Yeah I'd agree, but at the moment with Casemiro not starting we need him to progress the ball, I'm hoping Fred and Casemiro can build a partnership good enough so that he can move to that role as well.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I am surprised under ETH it's still Bruno who gets the free pass to do whatever he wants (and as a result Eriksen is dropping deeper), but Christian has been OK in that CM role. Better than I expected.

That said, I would rather just start one of them at a time. Eriksen makes the play more structured, but whether that is more effective than "Bruno's moments" we will not know until Eriksen gets a start with proper midfield pair behind him.

P-Nut

I am surprised under ETH it's still Bruno who gets the free pass to do whatever he wants (and as a result Eriksen is dropping deeper), but Christian has been OK in that CM role. Better than I expected.

That said, I would rather just start one of them at a time. Eriksen makes the play more structured, but whether that is more effective than "Bruno's moments" we will not know until Eriksen gets a start with proper midfield pair behind him.
It's a bit of a necessity at the moment isn't it, if you move Eriksen further forward how do we build up the play.

Lyng

Eriksen hasn't actually provided anything so far to think he should be a starter every week. Also that "60 minute" point.. This isn't Fifa.
Tell me you didn't see our matches without telling me you didn't see our matches...

Castia

Based on what? he was ok at Brentford and ok at Inter he's a 31 year old player that nobody 6 months was even willing to take for free outside of a newly promoted Brentford

Good squad option for me, a perfect replacement for Mata lets not pretend he's better than he is.

Lyng

Based on what? he was ok at Brentford and ok at Inter he's a 31 year old player that nobody 6 months was even willing to take for free outside of a newly promoted Brentford

Good squad option for me, a perfect replacement for Mata lets not pretend he's better than he is.
Based on how he played for us these last two matches. Today he was comfortable our best player in the first half. Bruno got a goal yes, but apart from that he was absolutely woeful and a major reason our offensive play broke up several times in the first half.
Eriksen made several very good passes that setup up good posibilites that sadly got squandered. he would also have gotten far more out of that freekick then Bruno.
Anyone who has eyes can see that.

Eriksens main issue is that he completely goes out of gas at the 60 minute mark which is why you put on Bruno at that time.

Andersons Dietician

I can’t see what he brings to the team?
Did you miss the occasions when he opened up the play with a quick or decisive pass? Obviously still has a lot to prove but how can you not see what he brings to the team. Someone who can actually pass well and plays passes which invites people to attack them. Something we’ve missed for years.

When he was putting ball infront of Dalot and whomever else they were not Played to feet like we so often see but into positions they can can continue driving forward.

It would obviously be great to have someone or multiple someone’s that could do that for 90 mins but even before the heart issue, he was never the guy to go a full 90 at maximum effort.

el3mel

Tell me you didn't see our matches without telling me you didn't see our matches...
I can see our matches and have different opinions. Your opinion isn't the ultimate fact everyone should follow, as much as it might shock you.

Castia

Based on how he played for us these last two matches. Today he was comfortable our best player in the first half. Bruno got a goal yes, but apart from that he was absolutely woeful and a major reason our offensive play broke up several times in the first half.
Eriksen made several very good passes that setup up good posibilites that sadly got squandered. he would also have gotten far more out of that freekick then Bruno.
Anyone who has eyes can see that.

Eriksens main issue is that he completely goes out of gas at the 60 minute mark which is why you put on Bruno at that time.

Bruno isn't going to be a bench player and I don't think Eriksen can start every game

I think we need more quality in midfield and Eriksen can cover the 2 positions (Mid and CAM) he'd get plenty of game time

Lyng

I can see our matches and have different opinions. Your opinion isn't the ultimate fact everyone should follow, as much as it might shock you.
Eriksen was objectively better than Bruno first half. Its not an opinion its fact.

Lyng

Bruno isn't going to be a bench player and I don't think Eriksen can start every game

I think we need more quality in midfield and Eriksen can cover the 2 positions (Mid and CAM) he'd get plenty of game time
Bruno should be benched though. Much like Maguire he is a hindrance to our play.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I really don't understand how we decide to play him deep and Bruno as a 10 and not the other way around IF we chose to play with them as a deep playing midfielder and a playmaker. The obvious choice should be neither of them playing deep, they should be rotating.

Bobski

Giggs up to even 37 was still better than current Eriksen and much more mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.