6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

little.triangles

What a beauty, soft first touch, turning, setting up the ball and striking it in all one fluid motion.

To be fair, it would be hard to score goals like this in the premier league because most teams won't give him that much time as they did here. Also, he isn't playing that forward for us.

suheilsworld

Still can't believe we got him, let alone for free. As I have said before, he is my favorite player from the current team. Such a professional guy and does the job what is required. Had my doubts about playing deeper for us but the guy is freaking amazing wherever he plays. Put him up top and I am sure he will find space and ghosts between defenders. Love him!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Hoping he can age like Modric.
He will. The challenge is to keep him fit and not overplayed. Intelligent footballers tend to be affected less by age because they were never physical to begin with.

Real Name

He tried his shot a lot with United this season but didnt pull it of. Yesterday he proved yet again what he's capable of.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Was at the match and he was very good.

The goal was by far best thing from the otherwise boring match at the times.

Mike Smalling

No freakin' way. Those are insane stats considering Rooney is England's all time at 53!!!
It almost get's even more impressive, when you consider he had 6 goals in his first 57 games for Denmark, before we changed manager and he really kicked up his performances a notch.

He pretty much dragged us single-handedly to the 2018 World Cup with his goals. 11 goals throughout that qualifying campaign, including a superb hattrick against Ireland in the play-offs. Can't wait to see his first goal for United.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
It almost get's even more impressive, when you consider he had 6 goals in his first 57 games for Denmark, before we changed manager and he really kicked up his performances a notch.

He pretty much dragged us single-handedly to the 2018 World Cup with his goals. 11 goals throughout that qualifying campaign, including a superb hattrick against Ireland in the play-offs. Can't wait to see his first goal for United.
You are certainly right in that being even more impressive!

I've been very happy so far with our summer signings, but Eriksen has really impressed me the most. It will be great seeing him celebrate his first goal as a United player.

Chief123

His long range shooting style reminds me a bit of Beckham. The way he gets whip, bend and dip on the ball.

Handré1990

What a beauty, soft first touch, turning, setting up the ball and striking it in all one fluid motion.

To be fair, it would be hard to score goals like this in the premier league because most teams won't give him that much time as they did here. Also, he isn't playing that forward for us.
You’re joking, right? That happens several times every match. Did you watch the goal? He takes no time turning and taking one touch in a fluid motion before shooting.

The more we win the ball higher up the pitch the harder to put on a quick counter press. The overrating of top football and the PL especially is reaching ridiculous heights. There wasn’t a mistake that made that goal, it was Eriksen’s excellence. Human error is impossible to get rid of.

Dannn411

By a distance our best signing and the profile of player we have been crying out for for the last 10 years.

Real Name

Defensive errors dont happen in PL? He wasnt given time but the defense was out of shape cause of Šutalo's error.

little.triangles

Defensive errors dont happen in PL? He wasnt given time but the defense was out of shape cause of Šutalo's error.
Fair enough, I just saw a longer clip. The one I had seen earlier began from the moment he received the ball.

Hoping he gets his first goal for United soon!

Last edited:

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with

Why doesn't the bastard do this for us?!
He got close with a fantastic free kick vs Liverpool, only denied by an even more fantastic save by Allison.

SuperiorXI

Makes you wonder why only us and Brentford were in for him. I felt at the time and still now, he's a top top player and wouldn't look out of place in any of the top sides.

Olecurls99

Makes you wonder why only us and Brentford were in for him. I felt at the time and still now, he's a top top player and wouldn't look out of place in any of the top sides.
Yeah, delighted that everyone else was sleeping. He's the single biggest thing we've missed for about 10 years. A ball playing central midfielder.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

What a majestic hat trick that was. Marvellous player and I wanted us to sign him for years, so happy he is plying his trade here now.

Olecurls99

What a majestic hat trick that was. Marvellous player and I wanted us to sign him for years, so happy he is plying his trade here now.
Being Irish I hated it and I especially didn't enjoy watching it from the Danish end at Landsdowne. :annoyed:

They then serenaded us to a chorus of 'You're sh*t and you know you are'.

Lovely stuff

Remember the geese

Staggeringly good in the first half tonight against France. They have no answer to him at all. He could play for any team in the world. What a player he is!

AshRK

I know spurs fan will disagree but he has been looking better off late than even in his prime at Spurs and trust me I know was amazing at spurs.

TsuWave

Come on man, he's been good but he did some crazy stuff at Spurs too. Don't think he looks better than he did at Spurs, at all

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Come on man, he's been good but he did some crazy stuff at Spurs too. Don't think he looks better than he did at Spurs, at all
At Spurs he was an attacker.

At Man Utd he is a midfielder. Reminiscent of the change Scholes went through at a similar stage. When he was younger, I thought he struggled tactically when deployed deeper in the pitch.

Watching him there now I think he might get more recognition as a central midfielder than as an attacker. People never really warm to slow wide playmakers like him. As a central midfielder, he is not that different to a few greats (Xavi, Scholes etc).

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
At Spurs he was an attacker.

At Man Utd he is a midfielder. Reminiscent of the change Scholes went through at a similar stage. When he was younger, I thought he struggled tactically when deployed deeper in the pitch.

Watching him there now I think he might get more recognition as a central midfielder than as an attacker. People never really warm to slow wide playmakers like him. As a central midfielder, he is not that different to a few greats (Xavi, Scholes etc).
He was a number 10 for Spurs. That's an attacking midfielder, not an attacker. He is playing a little further back for Utd but it's not that different really.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was a number 10 for Spurs. That's an attacking midfielder, not an attacker. He is playing a little further back for Utd but it's not that different really.
A central midfielder is absolutely different to an attacking midfielder.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pretty different, most footballers can't transition that well to being a deep progressor/controller after being a #10. Completely different roles and responsibilities between playing always in the attacking phase vs playing in the build up phase.

TheReligion

Abusive
That's just not true. He has never been a winger or a wide attacker. He has however played as a left midfielder, a central midfielder and a central attacking midfielder.
He’s played both right and left. He was a much more attacking player at Spurs. He’s now adapting into a number 6 metronome type.

Status
Not open for further replies.