6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zico1982

We have to go with Casemiro and McT at 6/8 tonight and Christian Eriksen at 10 if he is fit enough to play. The Tottenham midfield with Höjbjerg and Bentancour is on fire at the moment and even more important to Spurs than the front trio. This is a game that will be won in the middle of the pitch and it won't be pretty if we are outmuscled. A not hundred percent fit Eriksen is a no go. We risk being smashed if we play him deep like we did against City. Especially if Conte chooses a three man midfield with Bissouma behind Höjbjerg and Bentancour. Keep Fred far out of the equation against Spurs. Same goes for Bruno if Eriksen plays. We can't afford lose passes going forward tonight. Loss of possession means deadly counters with Son and Kane up to it right now. Eriksens skills and composure at ten is exactly what is needed for this match.

Real Name

We have to go with Casemiro and McT at 6/8 tonight and Christian Eriksen at 10 if he is fit enough to play. The Tottenham midfield with Höjbjerg and Bentancour is on fire at the moment and even more important to Spurs than the front trio. This is a game that will be won in the middle of the pitch and it won't be pretty if we are outmuscled. A not hundred percent fit Eriksen is a no go. We risk being smashed if we play him deep like we did against City. Especially if Conte chooses a three man midfield with Bissouma behind Höjbjerg and Bentancour. Keep Fred far out of the equation against Spurs. Same goes for Bruno if Eriksen plays. We can't afford lose passes going forward tonight. Loss of possession means deadly counters with Son and Kane up to it right now. Eriksens skills and composure at ten is exactly what is needed for this match.
We surely wont go deep tonight. Interesting fact we didnt go deep vs City also, tried to go toe to toe but were too far from their players and press didnt work. Against a solid midfield of Newcastle we dominated them whole 2nd half. Spurs midfield is a bit better and they're better overall but I can see them going deep tonight (its the way they play) and as you said possession battle will be crucial.

Last edited:

Zico1982

We surely wont go deep tonight. Interesting fact we didnt go deep vs City also, tried to go toe to toe but were too far from their players and press didnt work. Against a solid midfield of Newcastle we dominated them whole 2nd half. Spurs midfield is a bit better and they're better overall but I can see them going deep tonight (its the way they play) and as you said possession battle will be crucial.
You are probably right, but we should go a little deeper due to the speed of Contes Counterattack-Ball. It would be reckless to play to Tottenhams strengths. Instead we should be the ones to use quick turnovers as a weapon. Casemiro grabs the Ball, plays to Eriksen who picks one of the front tree to go for goal. It is simple and it works. Dier is no sprinter and this is a game tailor made for running in behind the defence like we did against the Scousers and Arsenal. I'd go 4-3-3 with I De Gea I Dalot-Varane-Martinez-Malacia I Casemiro-McT-Eriksen I Anthony-Rashford-Bruno (Right to Left).

Man Utd 2:0 Tottenham

twitter thread suggester
Will be interesting see whether he starts against Chelsea. The entire team, including Fred, from last night deserves to be reselected, so I would start him on the bench.

Chelsea 1:1 Man Utd

The United

Very good in the first half but faded badly in the second half.

He is a very good passer but is not enough combative and does not have intensity to play the whole game in games like this.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Very good in the first half but faded badly in the second half.

He is a very good passer but is not enough combative and does not have intensity to play the whole game in games like this.
I think he needs to be more of an important squad player than a first team starter.

Sylar

Would have brought him off earlier for fred and gone for a three similar to what we had Vs spurs.

Idxomer

He was ok when they were only playing 2 midfielders. The second they put Kovacic, he was pretty much nullified and his weakness off the ball was even more apparent.

His passing was also very erratic and he shouldn't be on set pieces.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Very good the opening 35 minutes but sadly he's not dynamic enough to play at the intensity which came into game after that. We should aim at a (Spurs) Dembele, Kovacic or Barella type of player to bolster the midfield in the summer. Perhaps Hannibal can be ready to play the role finally..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What a crock.

The negativity after just playing Spurs and Chelsea off the park for long periods :lol: only on redcafe.

Eriksen had a bit of an off game, but he’s a brilliant brilliant footballer.
He’s a decent footballer with some very good traits but some very obvious flaws to his game. We can have some nuance here. It’s more objective than negative.

Walters_19_MuFc

Thought he was quite poor today. He obviously won't give us the energy Fred gives us but where you want him to excel is with his creativity, which I didn't feel he did do today. Looks shattered at when he came off too.

OrcaFat

He has been out for a spell don’t forget. He should have come off sooner but we have a bit of a lack of depth in that position. We have Iqbal coming through but no surprise if he doesn’t get risked in games like today. We must soldier on and when Eriksen is fully fit again he’ll be closer to what we need.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I will have to assume he's still someway off match fit. Faded very badly when the game became physical. Unlike in the wins against Liverpool and Arsenal. I'll chalk today up to rust after a spell out.

El Zoido

Thought he faded but still shows a level of quality and composure we’ve lacked for years. He’s been out ill, he’ll build it back up.

kunal18

Poor. Needs to be quicker to release the ball in such games.Has to dictate the game more as he has the quality to do that.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Thought he was off the pace apart from a little bit in the first half. Poor passing and energy. Don't think he pressed particularly well either.

Olecurls99

We dominated for 35 minutes and it was scrappy after that. I don't remember him doing anything particularly brilliant or awful. A solid 6 game

Red the Bear

Something less generic
So essential to our play but I'm a bit worried about how Eric is managing him, I really don't want him to be ran to the ground but maybe ten hag wanted him to build up his relationship with casemiro some more.

I'm assuming that he'll start the league game as well, I hope has enough gas in the tank for that one.

Djemba-Djemba

So essential to our play but I'm a bit worried about how Eric is managing him, I really don't want him to be ran to the ground but maybe ten hag wanted him to build up his relationship with casemiro some more.

I'm assuming that he'll start the league game as well, I hope has enough gas in the tank for that one.
He's crucial but to be fair our best game of the season vs Spurs Eriksen didn't start the game.

So it's not like we are incapable of playing well without him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's crucial but to be fair our best game of the season vs Spurs Eriksen didn't start the game.

So it's not we are incapable of playing well without him.
Definitely but i rather have him in the team than not.

Also spurs are a bit shite at the moment.

Sylar

AS next game is home, I reckon we will probably see Case, Eriksen and Bruno start. Maybe Scott will come in for him though.
Im interested to see if he starts next week though.

Man Utd 1:0 West Ham

Sylar

That cross for the goal reminded me of him doing that so many times for spurs and seeing somebody like deli Alli getting on the end of it

We just couldn't pass it once he left the pitch

BerryBerryShrew

Excellent first half. Was undone a bit by our decision to camp out in our own 6 yard box for the final 20 mins- very hard to dictate the game in those circumstances.

Bruno is suspended for the next PL game so it will be interesting to see if EtH moves him into the No.10 position or leaves him where he is.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Had a lot of sloppy passes but great cross for the goal. Not one of his better games IMO.

SAFMUTD

It'll be interesting to see if now that Bruno is suspended ten Hag fancies him in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.