Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Terrible game. Gave away the ball way too much ultimately dooming us from the get go.

He's had some pretty shit performances lately. He's supposed to be calm yet he tends to give the ball away cheaply quite often.

Redderp

I thought he was good against West Ham, really disagreed with people who thought he was bad.

But he was really bad today. Not sure i have seen him have such a bad first touch and his passing was way off.

But it was a weird sub. We should have moved Eriksen closer to goal, because we only needed one good moment for a goal and it was just weird he was subbed when Maguire was put on as a striker and we decided to play hoofball.

Imo we should have kept the formation, put Eriksen at CAM and Fred in at CM, Rashford on the left and then Maguire as striker in the last minutes.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Has specific qualities but really not all that, really need an upgrade.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I thought he was good against West Ham, really disagreed with people who thought he was bad.

But he was really bad today. Not sure i have seen him have such a bad first touch and his passing was way off.

But it was a weird sub. We should have moved Eriksen closer to goal, because we only needed one good moment for a goal and it was just weird he was subbed when Maguire was put on as a striker and we decided to play hoofball.

Imo we should have kept the formation, put Eriksen at CAM and Fred in at CM, Rashford on the left and then Maguire as striker in the last minutes.
Eriksen was done. His issues weren't only on the ball but off ball as well. People were casually going past him and couldn't get a foot in anything. He had to come off.

Red Royal

With hindsight should have not started especially as Bruno is out for Sunday. Fred may have done bettrr with his energy. Hindsight though...

Gordon S

So so slow these days. Players just jog past him. When hes playing at his best he makes it worth it but these games, yikes.

CM

He wasn't great. Eriksen is clearly a good player but I don't think he's at his best in that withdrawn position. I would hope we sign somebody else to play there next season and let Eriksen play more advanced or have the option to rotate him more often.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Loose with the ball and didn't deal well with physicality tonight. Possibly should have started from the bench after how much work he did against West Ham.

El Jefe

I've said it many times now he isn't dynamic enough to play as a CM. It's like having a 45 year old Scholes out there. Sure he can still play great passes when afforded time and space but in a physical game like today he's a liability just as he was against City.

I've always felt what held him back even in his prime was his inability to evade the press either with a dribble or having the strength to hold off challenges. That's only made far more obvious now.

He's not a CM. He prefers making long passes or decisive passes and isn't one to make hold the ball and make many short passes that lead to controlling of the game. Prior to Casemiro entering the starting lineup we could barely string meaningful possession together and Eriksen was a part of the issue even though Mctominay was made the sole scapegoat.

Hopefully him playing there is because he's our best option atm but long term we need a proper No.8, possibly even two of them.

CloneMC16

Worst player on the pitch. Gave the ball away too much and was weak on it.

Idxomer

Can't blame him today even if I'm not a big fan of him in a deep role, he's being run into the ground.

Last edited:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Almost like the “bad games” are happening more and more frequently…
Head in the sand. No one is saying he's bad but he's been magnified here to some level he isn't at.

You aren't winning the war with these kind of players in midfield.

Redderp

Eriksen was done. His issues weren't only on the ball but off ball as well. People were casually going past him and couldn't get a foot in anything. He had to come off.
It wasn’t a good idea in the context of the game. We still needed a goal. We brought on Harry Maguire and went with hoofball and crosses. Dalot just scored from an Eriksen corner and Rashford just scored from an Eriksen cross.

In those situations you keep players like Eriksen on because we only need one good ball in. Especially in a game where no one else could put a good cross in. Hindsight is 20/20 but we didn’t get any better after Eriksen came off.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It wasn’t a good idea in the context of the game. We still needed a goal. We brought on Harry Maguire and went with hoofball and crosses. Dalot just scored from an Eriksen corner and Rashford just scored from an Eriksen cross.

In those situations you keep players like Eriksen on because we only need one good ball in. Especially in a game where no one else could put a good cross in. Hindsight is 20/20 but we didn’t get any better after Eriksen came off.
He was in the pitch for 70 minutes and didn't deliver a decent pass let alone a good ball while being poor at regaining the ball, something had to give.

We went long exactly because we couldn't create and Ten Hag rightly decided to bypass the midfield who were abysmal (Eriksen and DVB).

We didn't need Eriksen to deliver long balls in the box, plenty of players could do that but we at least needed for fight and running in midfield since we were getting outworked and overpowered in there.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There were more “bad games” early on in the season than most were willing to admit.

Overall he’s been a mixed bag. Some very good performances but probably a bigger number of average to poor ones.
Head in the sand. No one is saying he's bad but he's been magnified here to some level he isn't at.

You aren't winning the war with these kind of players in midfield.
Yep. There’s a lot to like about Eriksen, but there is fundamentally a reason he was a free transfer coming in from Brentford. He’ll work for this season but we need to obviously upgrade long term for the level we want to be at.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yep. There’s a lot to like about Eriksen, but there is fundamentally a reason he was a free transfer coming in from Brentford. He’ll work for this season but we need to obviously upgrade long term for the level we want to be at.
Hence all the ongoing chat linking us to players like De Jong and Bellingham. Eriksen will be great as a versatile sub but we do need to have a better first XI.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
United could be doing similar mistake to what Bruno became right after joining United. Being too much addicted to one player's genius is just recipe for a slow decline.

As for Eriksen, he'll be a good option for few years more. No bigger worries if we'll give him solid backup.

Zico1982

Pretty bad today. Seems to need a break. The negativity here is kind of strange though after a lot of really good performances.

I've never seen him hit a decent corner in once. It barely ever beats first man.
I mean, Dalot scored directly from his lovely corner just one week ago :lol:

I don’t like the modern day scrutinising of players match by match, minute by minute, I can absolutely assure you all, especially away in Europe, you’d have been slating Scholes all the time for “getting ran past” etc. Hell SAF often preferred Nicky Butt to him in certain games, especially in Europe, due to just that.
It’s not healthy.

Ekeke

He hasnt been good. He's been overrated in his performances because posters are happy we finally have an extra, more offensive player back in the team instead of McTom and Fred. And obviously he has the ability to play passes much better than them. But he's been quite Bruno-ish in terms of trying things and not that many coming off and giving the ball away. He's also doing a very basic job of filling his position when we dont have the ball. No better than Pogba was doing it.

Lyng

Eriksen was bad tonight. Really bad. It's a bit weird seing all these posts trying to claim he is always badthough. Especially since him, Case and Licha have been the most important players this season.
It's like our fans want certain players to fail.

Lost bear

He looks tired. Needs a rest, I’m afraid.

Lost bear

Eriksen was bad tonight. Really bad. It's a bit weird seing all these posts trying to claim he is always badthough. Especially since him, Case and Licha have been the most important players this season.
It's like our fans want certain players to fail.
Many CAF contributors appear to have no memory.

berbasloth4

I remember Rio saying in an interview before he believes the reason Veron didn't work at united was possibly because we had Keane. Veron was a genius at starting games from deep etc but he wasn't getting the chance cause Keane was always wanting the ball.

I am thinking something similar could be happening with eriksen and Bruno. Eriksen is at his best further forward picking up the ball in the spaces he finds but he can't cause Bruno is there. Even today eriksen had kind of lost one of his options for a pass with Bruno playing as a "wideman". Might been better even eriksen playing to the right his deliveries for Ronaldo you'd expect would been a weapon.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I do think people jumped the gun a little bit after the first 5/6 games, claiming him to be something he hadn’t been. But I still think he’s been one of our better players overall. Due to the fact that Casemiro has only recently started playing, I’d say Eriksen has been the glue holding our midfield together, because the rest of it has been very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.