6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

His best performance in a United shirt despite some culpability in their goal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When he’s on the ball and in the final third he’s really good. I just don’t like him deep in our half and don’t see him as a midfield two at all

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Goal and assist but I thought he didn't play well at all. Has looked off the pace the last month, lacking sharpness.

Alex123

Eriksen reminds me of Giggs in his later years. Allways trying to make something happen. Very intelligent passing and if it doesn´t work out, try again and eventually making a game winning contribution.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
A goal and an assist (in a 2-1 game) and still criticised on here. Never change redcafe.
I don't think goal contributions should prevent people from discussing what was a poor performance, we can be happy he effectively won us the game while also noting his overall performance wasn't at his top level.

criticalanalysis

Eriksen reminds me of Giggs in his later years. Allways trying to make something happen. Very intelligent passing and if it doesn´t work out, try again and eventually making a game winning contribution.
That's a very apt comparison. Absolutely class intentions on the ball and more often than not pulls it off but can be erratic and defensively can be very easily bypassed. Like Giggs, he's got something though, which is an unnerving will to 'produce' that final ball.

I'd have to look at it again but even his assist was just a first time pass in stride that wasn't perfectly placed or the right time to do it imo. It was poor defending/lack of concentration from the last man as it should have been easily shepherded away or covered ...but that's the robotic train of thought. What matters is that in-game effectiveness.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pretty poor performance but does that matter when you score one and set up the winner with an inch perfect pass? That pass was just brilliant

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Game changer today, but he has to score that chance in the first half (the side footer). Put that away and it’s a much more comfortable victory.

Ace of Spades

Had good moments , I just don't think he is a CM. Ideally, should be competing with Bruno for the AM spot, and we should get a better CM in the future who can control and dictate games.

MiracleInMadrid

He also contributed with a lot of running. Constantly offering himself as a passing option, more often than not getting in the opposition box and also fills out spaces defensively.

And still he's the one who creates the winning goal in extra time. In the build-up play leading to the goal, he finds himself right down next to De Gea, and just casually brings the ball forward before providing a great first time assist for the goal.

flameinthesun

Good goal, could have had a 2nd but its pretty clear him and case together can't control games against high intensity mids. Neither have the ability to take the ball deep under pressure and in tight spaces like a de jong especiallyagainst midfields that relentlessly press. Hopefully we can find a midfielder of de jongs profile, Eriksen then can become a very good option in the midfield as well as push the other cms for a starting place.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
When he’s on the ball and in the final third he’s really good. I just don’t like him deep in our half and don’t see him as a midfield two at all
Agree to a certain extent. I have no problem with him coming deep, but I take your point about a midfield two.
Would love to see a player like Hannibal in there, but he still has things to learn.
I like Bruno a lot, but he seems so wasteful some times, it will be interesting how that midfield looks at the start of next season.
Felt ETH should have rested him for some of the EL matches, but still supporting the front players in the 93rd minute shows that he is pretty fit.
Nothing against the Danish team, but from a totally selfish pov I hope they get knocked out early.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Pretty poor performance but does that matter when you score one and set up the winner with an inch perfect pass? That pass was just brilliant
Not to say it wasn't a good pass but from looking at the replays I actually don't even think it was intended for Garnacho. I think it was for Mctominay who then stopped his run to stay onside

CloneMC16

Not to say it wasn't a good pass but from looking at the replays I actually don't even think it was intended for Garnacho. I think it was for Mctominay who then stopped his run to stay onside
Yeah, I definitely think it was for McT. He was never going to reach it. Garnacho only reached it because his acceleration is absolutely insane. It worked out, but not what was really intended.

Good to see him get his first goal for us. Should have had a second as well. Can't complain too much with a goal and an assist!

Josh 76

I think he’s been over used and looks shattered. A great player, but needs to be rotated. Problem is, Utd haven’t got the squad to do that.

Mike Smalling

I think he’s been over used and looks shattered. A great player, but needs to be rotated. Problem is, Utd haven’t got the squad to do that.
Absolutely. Thankfully, he is likely to get a few weeks break after the World Cup. Even if Denmark make it to the QFs, he will get two weeks until our next league game.

saivet

Absolutely. Thankfully, he is likely to get a few weeks break after the World Cup. Even if Denmark make it to the QFs, he will get two weeks until our next league game.
He'll probably play all of their games and I think Denmark can make the SFs or even the final to be honest.

Mike Smalling

He'll probably play all of their games and I think Denmark can make the SFs or even the final to be honest.
He will play most of our minutes for sure, but a lot will come down to how the groups finish (obviously). Most likely scenario is that we finish second in the group behind France, and Argentina win their group. We would then meet them in the first knock-out round, and that could very well be it. Of course, there are many other scenarios, but that one seems likely.

Why do you think that? What makes Denmark so good right now? Honest question.
Denmark has been a good team for a while now, and has consistently been around 10th spot on FIFA's world rankings for a couple of years now. If I was to sum it up quickly, I would say it comes down to relatively high quality in core positions (GK, CBs and CMs), a tactically good manager in Kasper Hjulmand who gets the most out of the squad, and really, really strong squad unity and spirit within the team. The semi-final place in the Euro's last year was no fluke.

saivet

Why do you think that? What makes Denmark so good right now? Honest question.
I think they are a good team, as shown at the Euros. Losing at Wembley to an injury time penalty in the SFs against England.
He will play most of our minutes for sure, but a lot will come down to how the groups finish (obviously). Most likely scenario is that we finish second in the group behind France, and Argentina win their group. We would then meet them in the first knock-out round, and that could very well be it. Of course, there are many other scenarios, but that one seems likely.
Yeah I think the group stage will be vital but I fancy you to top the group ahead of France who I think will qualify but disappoint. By no means a given but topping the group wouldn't be a huge surprise in my opinion. The draw looks a lot more favourable if you win the group too (assuming other groups go as expected).

Sylar

We need another player like him, ideally a younger one that wont push for first team football every single minute but can still get enough games and minutes.

Eriksen is what weve needed for some time now. Shame we didnt get him earlier but glad to have him.
Happy for him he got his first goal as well for us.

Morpheus 7

Can't believe people aren't delighted that Denmark are out. He'll be rested for boxing day, he needed it too.

JeffFromHK

Happy about a break for him.
But those 3 matches show that he is no longer the player he used to be 4 or 5 years ago.

jasveron

Happy about a break for him.
But those 3 matches show that he is no longer the player he used to be 4 or 5 years ago.
The whole team (bar A. Christensen) played like shit - he is part of the team. But couldn't expect him to single-handedly change things.

Man Utd 2:0 Burnley

Djemba-Djemba

Think that's 2 in 2 now for Utd, albeit both games were about 5 weeks apart.

He was a pretty good goalscorer at Spurs so hopefully now he's broken his duck for us he'll go on and score a decent amount for the rest of the season.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I feel like he used to take a lot more shots at spurs? Hopefully he’ll keep getting forward because I think quality runners from midfield really suit our current squad and help counter the way certain teams will always defend in numbers against us. Long term I’d rather someone much more athletic who was a just little less silky whoever that player is? Bellingham? We also don’t really have an out and out goalscorer anymore so I think it’s more important than ever that everyone chips in

SAFMUTD

I feel like he used to take a lot more shots at spurs? Hopefully he’ll keep getting forward because I think quality runners from midfield really suit our current squad and help counter the way certain teams will always defend in numbers against us. Long term I’d rather someone much more athletic who was a just little less silky whoever that player is? Bellingham? We also don’t really have an out and out goalscorer anymore so I think it’s more important than ever that everyone chips in
He play in a more advanced position at Spurs, just like Bruno for us. I agree since our forwards arent particularly great at scoring we need help from the rest of the team specially the midfield. I think we'll be definitely looking for a midfielder in the summer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.