View full 2022-23 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasnt been good. He's been overrated in his performances because posters are happy we finally have an extra, more offensive player back in the team instead of McTom and Fred. And obviously he has the ability to play passes much better than them. But he's been quite Bruno-ish in terms of trying things and not that many coming off and giving the ball away. He's also doing a very basic job of filling his position when we dont have the ball. No better than Pogba was doing it.
For years KdB has had some of the worst stats in the league for giving the ball away, in the CL this season his pass completion is in the 70’s.

These kind of players try things, if they didn’t, they wouldn’t be the same player. Expecting a high percentage of those balls to come off is just bonkers. Players who constantly try to create, will obviously give the ball away a lot.

Last edited:

Oldyella

Looks like he needs a breather to me. Not surprising, I imagine he's played more than anyone expected, even himself.

Telsim

Only good against passive teams and when we are playing on the counter. He is a liability the minute it turns into a midfield battle. Casemiro was a single-man midfield today.

acnumber9

He’s been shite for weeks. Hard to blame him, he’s being vastly overused.

El Jefe

That Arsenal game bought him an unbelievable amount of undeserved goodwill. Two great passes but that was another game where we were dominated in midfield with him.

He's been painfully average since joining and a liability off the ball in games like today, City and Sociedad.

He's not even been that good on the ball in my opinion, Casemiro has been better on the ball at every aspect except set pieces. Eriksen is a good option to have in the squad but that's all he should be rather than an untouchable.

Lyng

That Arsenal game bought him an unbelievable amount of undeserved goodwill. Two great passes but that was another game where we were dominated in midfield with him.

He's been painfully average since joining and a liability off the ball in games like today, City and Sociedad.

He's not even been that good on the ball in my opinion, Casemiro has been better on the ball at every aspect except set pieces. Eriksen is a good option to have in the squad but that's all he should be rather than an untouchable.
Madness. He is a ten who was asked to play 8 and who has transformed our midfield with Casemiro.
People are so he'll bent on blaming Eriksen. But remember correctly you where on of those against the signing.

El Jefe

Madness. He is a ten who was asked to play 8 and who has transformed our midfield with Casemiro.
People are so he'll bent on blaming Eriksen. But remember correctly you where on of those against the signing.
He hasn't transformed anything, it was only after Casemiro's introduction that we started controlling games. The only thing Eriksen has going for him is that he's better than Fred and Mctominay. He's not doing anything that Pogba couldn't especially if he played in a EtH team.

I'm only objectively looking at what I see from his performances. You always seem to have an excuse or defence for Eriksen after a average or poor game.

Lyng

He hasn't transformed anything, it was only after Casemiro's introduction that we started controlling games. The only thing Eriksen has going for him is that he's better than Fred and Mctominay. He's not doing anything that Pogba couldn't especially if he played in a EtH team.

I'm only objectively looking at what I see from his performances. You always seem to have an excuse or defence for Eriksen after a average or poor game.
No better than Pogba? The takes on here get worse every day

Idxomer

Don't know how he transformed our midfield when our possession on average is worse than last season so far.

Lyng

Don't know how he transformed our midfield when our possession on average is worse than last season so far.
Oh now we are worse than last year. Feck me we should of kept Ole and played Drillo ball.

phelans shorts

He’s been firmly middle of the pack when it comes to our performers this season, it’s daft to suggest otherwise either way to be honest. He’s had some really good games and excellent balls even when he has struggled, but he’s also largely useless in the last twenty or so minutes and the lack of depth is a major factor in that. If we could rotate him his general performance level would be much higher, but then similarly the fact he tires in game regardless suggests that he probably would be the rotation option.

But yeah, largely just fine, certainly nothing to write home about.

Idxomer

Oh now we are worse than last year. Feck me we should of kept Ole and played Drillo ball.
Where did I say we are worse than last season overall?

It's obvious though the midfield hasn't been transformed because we constantly fail to control the midfield. Both the stats and the eye test back that up.

Lyng

Where did I say we are worse than last season overall?

It's obvious though the midfield hasn't been transformed because we constantly fail to control the midfield. Both the stats and the eye test back that up.
So Fred and McTom where as good?

Litch

People were that keen to see the back of McFred that anyone would do. Not saying that hes 'anyone' but was never bought to start every game. Fantastic going forward, not so clever going the other way...

Idxomer

So Fred and McTom where as good?
Nope, because Eriksen makes more decisive passes than either of them and we didn't exactly control games last season either. The thing is decisive passes aren't the only thing that helps the team control the game. Eriksen needs a more energetic midfielder to play next to him. As part of midfield 2, he gets severely exposed. Fred had a period last season after Ole's sacking where he was that guy but it didn't last long.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He’s been firmly middle of the pack when it comes to our performers this season, it’s daft to suggest otherwise either way to be honest. He’s had some really good games and excellent balls even when he has struggled, but he’s also largely useless in the last twenty or so minutes and the lack of depth is a major factor in that. If we could rotate him his general performance level would be much higher, but then similarly the fact he tires in game regardless suggests that he probably would be the rotation option.

But yeah, largely just fine, certainly nothing to write home about.
Lot of truth in this, even if I think you're being harsh in saying he's been mostly just fine.

There's a tendency with our fans, maybe its a new signing honeymoon period, to want to see it with anyone we buy. That's natural I guess. New player comes in and we all wanna believe its the one who's gonna get us back. Eriksen has had this halo around him since August, where everything good he does is amped up and everything bad is brushed under the carpet.

He's definitely been a positive, in my opinion. He releases the ball forward from midfield quickly, which helps us when Bruno is on the pitch. However, when Bruno isn't on the pitch (or is off his game) the cost benefit question starts to rear its head.

Lyng

Nope, because Eriksen makes more decisive passes than either of them and we didn't exactly control games last season either. The thing is decisive passes aren't the only thing that helps the team control the game. Eriksen needs a more energetic midfielder to play next to him. As part of midfield 2, he gets severely exposed. Fred had a period last season after Ole's sacking where he was that guy but it didn't last long.
This I agree with. He is not a physical player. He is very intelligent but needs aggression with him.
Him and Casemiro are actually a good combo, but when you have no energy or runs in front it's a problem. Which is why Donnie and Eriksen would never work.
Bruno and Eriksen work when Bruno is free and not limited by having Ronaldo on the field.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
People were that keen to see the back of McFred that anyone would do. Not saying that hes 'anyone' but was never bought to start every game. Fantastic going forward, not so clever going the other way...
He was still tracking back in 92nd minute, think that was our only corner of second half.

Obviously I'm an oppo but I'm a huge fan of him, have to just applaud moments like last week when that fantastic cross created the winner in a tight game.

Amazed today you didn't just bring in one of Fred/McTom as usual and move Eriksen to number 10 like he plays for Denmark. Yes he can't run much these days but I think he'd have threaded through a defence splitting ball when our defence got caught square a little bit quicker than whatever Van De Beek was attempting.

Lyng

Amazed today you didn't just bring in one of Fred/McTom as usual and move Eriksen to number 10 like he plays for Denmark. Yes he can't run much these days but I think he'd have threaded through a defence splitting ball when our defence got caught square a little bit quicker than whatever Van De Beek was attempting.
Was the obvious play today in my opinion

Litch

He was still tracking back in 92nd minute, think that was our only corner of second half.

Obviously I'm an oppo but I'm a huge fan of him, have to just applaud moments like last week when that fantastic cross created the winner in a tight game.

Certainly not criticising him, quality is there to see but these games against these mid table teams you have to match their energy and we are struggling. The teams that come to play, different requirements from our midfield. I'd say more physical in midfield than quality....

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Certainly not criticising him, quality is there to see but these games against these mid table teams you have to match their energy and we are struggling. The teams that come to play, different requirements from our midfield. I'd say more physical in midfield than quality....
As said above amazed you didn't just slot in one of McTom/Fred into 8 position. They have their limitations but on back of tough europa game it seemed bizarre not to start either when they've both played over 100 games in last three years.

jesperjaap

He is a technically good and intelligent player.

For me though he is in his twilight years so needs resting, also always thought he has been over rated by pundits and fans. People comparing him to Sholes, saying he was one of if not the top midfielder in the league at Spurs.....utter nonsense.

Dont get me wrong, I liek him, a good free transfer, but he wasnt a first eleven ransfer and he wasnt the right signing. For me a good Fenandes back up, not a CM for the season alongside Casemeiro when we obviosuly needed two....and the perfect one was there for £10m in Enzo Fernandz, madness

A-man

Think he was poor again. Needs some bench time to rest and get hungry.

Ekeke

1st goal he needs to drop back when Lindelof is pulled out of position. Instead he runs forward as Watkins moves back towards the halfway line, that allows Watkins to play the diagonal forward pass into Ramsey that cuts us open. Then the ball from him sets Bailey free to speed through and score.

3rd goal he drops into the box needlessly leaving an overload behind him. Buendia was his man but is clever enough to leave it for the oncoming player even though Eriksen had dropped off Buendia and he could have shot himself.

He's worst defending than Pogba was in the same position

Based Adnan

He's our only midfielder cultured on the ball who can also play deeper alongside Casemiro. He's been overworked so far this season because we don't have anyone that has a similar profile outside of maybe Iqbal to replace him with. Doesn't help that he's not the most switched on defensively to begin with.

Strats

Class.

His pass to McTominay when he hit the crossbar gave me vibes from Scholes assist to O’Sheas lob vs Arsenal.

Lyng

He was bad last weekend but back to his usual great self last night.
When him, Case and Bruno are all fresh it's a joy to behold.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just a lovely footballer. So many great things last night but the pass for McT's effort was brilliant. Just wish he had scored his header and got his first goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.