6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

Eriksen is a 10 playing as an 8. He's also old and nearly died on a football pitch not too long ago. Its not his fault he can't keep up at times. Ten Hag needs to do right by him and move him back to his natural position and actually make Bruno earn his spot in the team.
Old? He's 30 FFS.

Man Utd 3:0 Charlton

NoPace

He's really very good. Will be interesting if we buy a quality #8 who's not as good attacking-wise (Enzo, De Jong, someone like that), when he starts as the #8 anyways, when Bruno is a sub and when Eriksen is. Haven't had that sort of competition where everyone is quality in a long-time, and arguably only City and maybe Liverpool have lately.

Isafim

Eriksen has an interesting fact: his assist against bounermouth was the 72nd assist of his Premier League career. Since he debuted in the competition in 2013, only de Bruyne has more (94 assists). This gives weight not only to De Bruyne but also to Eriksem for this competition and for football.

Since he returned to the Premier League in February for Brentford, he has 10 assists. Only two players have more than him in that period. Bruyne, of course, with 15 and Kulusevski with 12, so a very interesting comeback. Eriksen has been one of the most consistent players in this Manchester United team

Reactions: Sultan

Idxomer

I think we're doing something right when Eriksen with his contributions this season is the 2nd most upgradable player in our lineup.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, he really can’t play in big games like this. Even playing slightly further forward like today he’s just so easy to bypass. He’ll be a very good squad option when we do get round to getting another midfielder in the summer

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I thought he played well in the first half, but was others giving the ball away too often. Worked hard too.

Jev

He was fantastic on the ball in the first half, did everything right with it. Off the ball is an issue in a game like this.

acnumber9

Pulls out of far too many 50/50’s to be playing central midfield in these kind of games.

Skills

Snitch
I genuinely think we're better off going, Casemiro, Fred and Bruno all games

Borys

Statistics Wizard
What a pickle. He's really good on the ball, he has good vision and execution. He's poor off the ball even if you don't consider how slow he is.

I don't know what to do with him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A ghost in defensive phases and a ghost in attacking phases. Absolutely no use of him at all this game.
He's tired in 2nd half, but very good in 1st half. He and Bruno kept creating chances in 1st half.

Real Name

Very good in the 1st but faded in the 2nd. Shades of Scholes with him, great at passing and dictating the game but defensively he's not that good, opposing attacks pass him too easily sometimes.

GMoore23

Our 2 biggest tasks this summer

Finding a top striker
Finding a young Eriksen

Walters_19_MuFc

Played a couple of cute first time passes, which allowed us to beat the press but felt he really struggled physically.

Games where we dominate the ball, I don't mind seeing him next to Casemiro. Games such as today, he should either be played as a 10, which he was today or start on the bench.

AneRu

Very good in the 1st but faded in the 2nd. Shades of Scholes with him, great at passing and dictating the game but defensively he's not that good, opposing attacks pass him too easily sometimes.
My greatest fear this season, after the striker who we have now signed, is lack f genuine cover for this guy. You can see what he brings on the ball but off it he plays like how a 10 transitioning to 8 would and against the likes of City that could be terminal if they are on it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I thought Eriksen looked leggy against Everton, that continued today. You could see at various points today that the physicality of the match was beyond him. He should have been subbed much earlier. We were lucky not to pay for keeping him on so long.

In fairness, during the first half I thought Eriksen did a lot of important work off the ball. He was taking up positions to stop City playing through the centre. You could see the shape work visible in his positioning.

However, as the game drew on he just got overrun. He lacks Bruno's Duracell bunny energy. As elegant as Eriksen is, you can see why the club is looking at Caicedo and Enzo Fernandez.

Roboc7

His legs went in second half which is understandable. Think he’s done a great job for us this season all things considered.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Good in the first half, alongside Bruno. They both executed the plan well and they could have had an assist or two between them. He wasn't the reason we lost the midfield battle in the second half. Martial going off and Antony not knowing which spaces to occupy made the game difficult for him. With City taking control of the midfield and pushing us deeper, the game became even more difficult for him. It was the right decisions to take him off. We needed aggression and good runs down the wide channels off the ball, and Garnacho was the man for that.

SATA

I think he’s been a pointless signing. Also very lightweight and opponents can just breeze through our midfield when he’s playing there. Don’t think he’ll be remember fondly as a United player when he’s done here. He’s more associated with Spurs

Sylar

I thought he played well in the first half, but was others giving the ball away too often. Worked hard too.
This is fair
Think we do need an addition there which is similar but one that can go for the 90

Castia

He's been a bit quiet lately, Fred deserves to start against Palace with Eriksen getting a rest.

Sylar

I think he’s been a pointless signing. Also very lightweight and opponents can just breeze through our midfield when he’s playing there. Don’t think he’ll be remember fondly as a United player when he’s done here. He’s more associated with Spurs
Bizarre to say pointless signing.
He's served a purpose especially early on in terms of how we play under Eth.

Without him who do you put in his position?

Eriksen was a great signing and has improved us massively. He's been such a massive part of our success this season, in allowing us to hold onto the ball and transition. And he was free, which meant we could get lisandro, casemiro and antony, all of whom sped up our rebuild and made it so that next year we can aim at just 2/3 positions and depth, which we did not expect last may.

But he can't compete with teams like city over 90 minutes, as was shown today. They dominated after half time cos he wasn't keeping up (i also think we couldn't hold onto the ball after Martial went off).

For next summer I guess a younger, fitter player who can play his role is a second priority after a striker.

If Garnacho continues as he's been doing, Sancho comes back, and Pellistri turns into an option on the right, then we're suddenly in good shape with just those 2 signings. We'd have great squad depth for the first time in ages.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I feel like he’s tired at times and having to do more running than what he’s comfortable with. I reckon he should be rotated a bit more to keep him at his best.
He's slow from the start, it only gets slightly worse with time but I believe as the team gets more tired it's just more difficult to cover for Eriksen.

Mike Smalling

Not his best game, and he will always be better in games, where we dominate possesion.

Still, he created two really good opportunities in the first half.

Bobski

Thought he had a very good first half and it was his quick early passing to Martial/Rashford that was key to some of the well structured breaks Utd put together. Faded badly and has been overplayed perhaps.

The United

He has been a good short-term signing. But, I don't think this guy can play more than 45 mins at a very decent level for us. At least it is how I notice so far.

We do need another player similar to his type in the near future.

OverratedOpinion

I thought he was pretty good. He played the role we needed but the game changed and that role was not effective anymore.

I think he is incredibly valuable but we need another type of player in his position to rotate with him and Fred. Funnily Frenkie De Jong next to Casemiro and Bruno or Eriksen ahead would be the best midfield in the world imo.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
How can someone who starts every game for us be a pointless signing?

CM

I genuinely think we're better off going, Casemiro, Fred and Bruno all games
Horses for courses. Eriksen is more valuable in games where teams want to sit in but Fred is great in these big games now he has an actual defensive midfielder who can play alongside him. It's just nice to have a few capable midfielders for the first time in years - hopefully we sign another in the summer.

Marcelinho87

Has most of our assists this season, corners are improved ten fold... Our midfield play is improved partly thanks to him. Do not forget the McFred shit before this.

He's been a brilliant signing and will go on to be a very good player for us over 2/3 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.