6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

The game was much more open then, and we got pressured by them. That type of game Fred is a great option.
In the first half where we controlled the match and had to break down their defence Eriksen was very good. If he didnt play we dont score that goal in the first half.
He had a big role in the goal but we didn't break them down apart from that and that was our only shot on target till the 2nd goal.

Andre Kagawa

Anyone else notice that Eriksen constantly talks to the ref. I find it a bit funny since he is very quiet and a bit boring outside the game. I wonder what he is saying because the refs never seems to be bothered by it. But everytime something happens on the pitch he is more than happy to jump in and talk to the ref. It just struck me as being funny when i noticed it, because you would kinda think Eriksen would be the last one to talk to the referees.
Maybe he's ranting in Danish, hence the no reaction from the ref

SoccerIsNotFootball

Supports
Hertha BSC
I think he's an unconspicuous but class player, who just does whats needed for the team. Of course not the most athletic one, but clever and calm, one of my favorites in the team.

Glorio

My only concern with him is his lack of physicality and intensity. I automatically expect him to lose every 50-50 challenge he goes into, even when he looks the positional favourite. He gets bypassed easily as well and for the 2 big games coming up, I wonder if it's a risk we want to take.

On the ball though, he's class

Kag

I like him for these 60 mins with Fred coming on to replace him
Agreed. Gets the best out of both of them.

I think we’re all aware that we need a better and younger Eriksen alternative in the long run, but for a free I think he’s been brilliant. He calmly and diligently keeps it ticking and clearly carries out Ten Hag’s instructions. Great signing.

Idxomer

We are getting beaten badly in one of the next two league games if he starts in a 2 with Casemiro.

Markus Vestbye

Isn’t this why Fred often comes off the bench to replace him?

Eriksen was spot on tonight.
True enough. I should elaborate that I had the games against City and Arsenal in mind, though. His creative abilities won’t weigh up for his lack of engine and physicality against those teams I’m afraid, hence Fred should be given the chance in a 2 with Case.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Slows the tempo down a bit too much for my liking sometimes.

Do wonder why we haven’t tried him as the backup RW but keep playing Bruno there where he’s clearly uncomfortable. Eriksen played a lot of wide right playmaker for Spurs and was good at it even though he’s not a classic winger.

Big dilemma coming for ETH on how to use him against City and Arsenal, two games where we will be overrun if he plays in a two with Casemiro. I have a feeling Fred will be preferred, realistically one of Eriksen or Bruno has to lose out and I can’t see Ten Hag benching Bruno or playing either of them wide over Antony.

Dannn411

Eriksen is a 10 playing as an 8. He's also old and nearly died on a football pitch not too long ago. Its not his fault he can't keep up at times. Ten Hag needs to do right by him and move him back to his natural position and actually make Bruno earn his spot in the team.

Eriksen is a 10 playing as an 8. He's also old and nearly died on a football pitch not too long ago. Its not his fault he can't keep up at times. Ten Hag needs to do right by him and move him back to his natural position and actually make Bruno earn his spot in the team.
Aye that Ten Hag fella hasn’t a fecking clue, we need to listen to @Dannn411 from the caf.

Dannn411

Aye that Ten Hag fella hasn’t a fecking clue, we need to listen to @Dannn411 from the caf.
Ah yes there is the good old Caf logic of the coach being totally infallible and knowing absolutely everything and never ever being questioned no matter the circumstances. Just as we were never allowed to question anything Moyes or LVG or mourinho or Ole or Rangnick did. No wonder we've been so successful over the last 10 years. Managed by absolutely perfect coaches according to Red Cafe.

Drizzle

Genuinely, do people not see how he has transformed us?
He has. His off the ball positioning is just fantastic (our main passing option in the first two thirds of the pitch), and his passing is intelligent.

However, it's also fair to say he's a liability when the opposition have the ball, he runs out of gas around 50-60 mins, and our midfield is one of the slowest around.

I think his future for us is as a top quality rotation option once we get the dynamic De Jong equivalent that Ten Hag clearly wants.

7 wins in a row and people are still asking for key players to be dropped.
It’s absolutely mind blowing to me. I’d have maybe understood it back in 2008, but after the shit we got served up last season, to see people constantly whining about Bruno, Eriksen, Martial, Antony when we’ve won 19 and lost just 3 of the past 26 games is :houllier:

CM

Do wonder why we haven’t tried him as the backup RW but keep playing Bruno there where he’s clearly uncomfortable. Eriksen played a lot of wide right playmaker for Spurs and was good at it even though he’s not a classic winger.

Big dilemma coming for ETH on how to use him against City and Arsenal, two games where we will be overrun if he plays in a two with Casemiro. I have a feeling Fred will be preferred, realistically one of Eriksen or Bruno has to lose out and I can’t see Ten Hag benching Bruno or playing either of them wide over Antony.
Ten Hag wants him to get on the ball in deep areas and help us build our attacks. Maybe he'll get some more minutes higher up the pitch now van de Beek has been injured (Charlton match?) but I think more often than not Ten Hag will want to keep him where he is because neither McTominay nor Fred can replicate Eriksen's skillset.

Fred could start against City, but I think Ten Hag probably sticks with Eriksen. He wasn't great at the Etihad, but then we've also got a more settled team around him now. Last time he played with McTominay, Malacia and Sancho around him - none of them as good off the ball as their counterparts who will take their places in the team.

Ah yes there is the good old Caf logic of the coach being totally infallible and knowing absolutely everything and never ever being questioned no matter the circumstances. Just as we were never allowed to question anything Moyes or LVG or mourinho or Ole or Rangnick did. No wonder we've been so successful over the last 10 years. Managed by absolutely perfect coaches according to Red Cafe.
The difference is, ETH has a 73% win rate. The others were shite.

You thinking you knew better than failing managers is one thing, but you think you know better about Eriksen & Bruno that a guy who’s winning 73% of his matches in charge :lol:

As for RedCafe, the majority think we’ve been managed by utter shite Fergie.

Dannn411

You thinking you knew better than failing managers is one thing, but you think you know better about Eriksen & Bruno that a guy who’s winning 73% of his matches in charge :lol:

I've never professed to know more than any coach but I'm not the type to think that everything is A-ok either or that the coach is perfect. If the coach was perfect we would be top of the league and would have topped our Europa league group. There are clear vulnerabilities in the team of which Eriksen's off-ball weaknesses is one. The vulnerabilities have revealed themselves many times this season even in our last 7 games. Just hasn't been punished as much because we've been expected to beat the teams we've faced in the streak.

That aside, this is supposed to be a forum for people to freely express their opinions. Not a cult. If you're perfectly happy with the team and the club staying where it is and you think everything is perfect right now, that's your opinion. I also am entitled to mine.

RedIan

Erikson is one player who goes under the radar. Hes not playing bad but not particularly shining like he was - but take him out of the team and he will be massively missed.

I've never professed to know more than any coach but I'm not the type to think that everything is A-ok either or that the coach is perfect. If the coach was perfect we would be top of the league and would have topped our Europa league group.
If you think switching Eriksen with Bruno would have us on 45 points after 17 games I’d like some of what you’re smoking.
Only once in his entire reign did SAF even match Arsenal’s total after 17 games, and then he had a peak Ronaldo & Rooney in his team.

Last season we had a league win rate of 42%, within 6 months ETH has that at 65%.
But sure, Eriksen in CM and Bruno in AM is holding us back, rather than a big part of the reason we’re doing so well.

Last edited:

sillwuka

Quietly goes about his business, keeps things ticking in midfield and chips in with assists/key passes. Pretty pleased with his contributions.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Eriksen looks like he needs a rest. We need him, we need his ball progression from deep. However, we are running him into the ground.

I remember early on, in the Liverpool and Arsenal matches, I was impressed by his stamina. Especially with what happened to him at the Euros. At that point he didn't look leggy. However, at that point we weren't playing so much so often. Our lack of an alternative #8 who can pass forward is doing for Eriksen. Last night he looked tired.

Even if its not De Jong or Enzo Fernandez, we need to invest in a ball progressing #8 soon. Like how we went out and got Anderson when Scholesy was pulling the strings for us. Doesn't have to be the very best of the best. But someone with energy who can pass more consistently than Fred and/or McTominay is badly needed. Eriksen cannot play 40-50 games from central midfield. Its beyond his capacity.

Abraxas

I've never professed to know more than any coach but I'm not the type to think that everything is A-ok either or that the coach is perfect. If the coach was perfect we would be top of the league and would have topped our Europa league group. There are clear vulnerabilities in the team of which Eriksen's off-ball weaknesses is one. The vulnerabilities have revealed themselves many times this season even in our last 7 games. Just hasn't been punished as much because we've been expected to beat the teams we've faced in the streak.

That aside, this is supposed to be a forum for people to freely express their opinions. Not a cult. If you're perfectly happy with the team and the club staying where it is and you think everything is perfect right now, that's your opinion. I also am entitled to mine.
But it's not true that if the coach is "perfect" that we'd be top of the league. If you take this logic to it's conclusion, then which other teams would be top of the league if their manager achieved perfection?

It's about maximising resources available, which based on our improvement I would say is being achieved to a high standard so far. I think Eriksen deep is part of that. I had my doubts about it in the summer when it was suggested this would happen, but it has given us some progressive passing options from deep, at the expense of losing some athleticism.

I don't personally think that the manager thinks our midfield is ideal, I think he is pragmatic enough to realise we needed some creativity and we were going to spend a lot in the summer so Eriksen fills a need cheaply.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
There's no way he's being dropped from starting XI for City game. He recently assisted twice from a set piece.

I'm pretty sure Bruno won't be dropped either, because well, he (literally) always plays. And he works hard.

I can understand that considering our recent run of form, but I would also understand if ETH made change to start Fred for example.
City and Arsenal games will be nothing like what we faced recently.

TheReligion

Abusive
Lovely player to watch

Been such a great signing for free. When you look at the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool he’d easily start for all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.