Christian Eriksen has left Old Trafford on crutches

Kostov

It was stupid of ETH to play so many first teamers. He barely rotates and here is the first price to be paid, I think there will be more.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Can't plan if you have little to no money.

The club is being sold in a matter of months. Why can't anyone get their head around the fact that the owners won't spend anything as they're selling up shop pretty soon. Nothing to do with Murtough and 'his chums' - the owners won't give them any money to fecking spend.
Loans cost a substantial amount of money these days. Money we don't have. If it's free it's for me rings a bell. We already spent £3M on the Weghorst deal. We don't have anything to spend.
Well, this is a bit awkward...

It's one of the little joys of the internet seeing arrogant know alls making twats of themselves. :lol:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Well, this is a bit awkward...

It's one of the little joys of the internet seeing arrogant know alls making twats of themselves. :lol:
We didn’t spend anything - it’s a straight loan. With no fee attached. But you do you.

cyril C

You’re constantly banging on about this. His age, amount of games and lack of rotation has absolutely nothing to do with this.
He was snapped by a big gormless twat, which could’ve happened in any match.
10 days off is probably too much for some players to keep rhythm, especially if they are fully fit. Or would you have wanted to play Eriksen against Forest on Wednesday?
My game plan, would be to bench Eriksen and Casemiro 1st half of Reading. Might have to field them 2nd half since no result, and Eriksen can still get injured. Which I would accept as bad luck.

You can do the same on Forest 2nd half, just to give them 30min game time max.

Stadjer

Blaming ETH for Eriksen his injury is ridiculous. The medical staff has details on a players fitness and if a player isnt fit or tired he wont play. Eriksen was fit to play.

Eriksen is a pro footballer asked to do his job and play a game of football. It is just unlucky for Eriksen and Manchester United that a very limited striker puts in a bad tackle that injures Eriksen.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Blaming ETH for Eriksen his injury is ridiculous. The medical staff has details on a players fitness and if a player isnt fit or tired he wont play. Eriksen was fit to play.

Eriksen is a pro footballer asked to do his job and play a game of football. It is just unlucky for Eriksen and Manchester United that a very limited striker puts in a bad tackle that injures Eriksen.
Can you see that there isn’t a right and wrong answer to this?

If you’ve secured top four and are in the FA cup final 3 days after the last PL game I’d imagine you’d expect ETH to pick a second team? Just like Ferguson did. The logic being that it’s not worth the risk of injury.

If you accept that that (admittedly extreme) scenario is valid then surely you have to accept that some posters on this board would apply the same logic in a season where you are in 4 competitions? Like I say, there’s no right or wrong, it’s about appetite for risk, and everyone has a different level. But to say that Ten Hag is not responsible seems disingenuous to me. He took a calculated risk, which on this case resulted in an injury to a key player in an area where you were already missing DVB and where you had not much in the way of cover. He knew he risks and he accepted them. That’s his right, but it’s ok for other people to say that they wouldn’t have taken that risk, and that they wish Ten Hag hadn’t. I’m not making a qualitative judgement about who is right and who is wrong, but you seem to be saying that there’s no argument here, there’s only one possible way to look at the situation, and that’s clearly not the case.

Ipswich are playing Burnley in an FA cup replay next midweek, 3 days before we play Sheff Wed in a top of the table clash. I expect Kieran McKenna to rest players. If he doesn’t, and some great lump from Burnley takes a key player out for the season then I’ll be angry at the player but equally angry at the manager for putting him in that position in a competition that is not a priority. Surely, even if you disagree with me, you can understand the logic of what I’m saying?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Good post, @NicolaSacco . I know every poster here can understand logically like yours, but some just like to think my way or the highway.

The later is not a constructive thought concept.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Anyone else have the sneaking suspicion that Eriksen isnt as hurt as the club say he is? I think there may have been a little shenanigans going on to dupe the Glazers to insure we got another player in. Conspiritorial but stranger things have happened.