Christian Eriksen has left Old Trafford on crutches

JustKatie

Also, just to say he could have had 30 days rest before the Reading game and the same injury would still have happened.
Precisely. In an alternative universe he could've been due to be substituted the next time the ball went out of play and still got injured.

Roboc7

The club can easily fund a loan deal or even a cheap transfer, it would be pure negligence if they are not trying.

Eriksen is a big loss, as well as lacking quality in midfield we are now low on numbers as well.

SteveCoppellFan

You would think the world is about to end going by some of the posts in here.

Its one 31 year old midfielder, we have cover and have the opportunity to get a replacement if we hurry up.

We will still get top 4.

mancsarered

That's our season done then if we don't bring in a suitable MF today. Better win the League Cup because we're not getting Top 4 with that lack of depth; we have two MF's with or without Scott. He's not good enough.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Well this is shit obviously, potentially disastrous. On the plus side we will almost certainly be seeing more of Mainoo and/or Iqbal than we otherwise would have done, and it’s always nice to see talented youth getting these chances.

RuudTom83

Lucky to come away with just the one injury.

Carroll would of tried taking out whoever was on the pitch.

RonaldoVII

A player like Eriksen wouldn't lose rhythm that easily, 30 minutes against Forest wouldn't have hurt either.
Imagine the outcry if he plays 30 mins against Forest when we're 5 up. I think I'd rather back our manager and his team of coaches in determining when players should be rested than the Caf's finest.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Its one 31 year old midfielder, we have cover and have the opportunity to get a replacement if we hurry up.

We will still get top 4.
1 cover which is MCT that's no cover that's a flat tire.
Which opportunity? A few hours left? We will probably get someone else's rubbish on loan.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

We will still get top 4.
Sorry but if we had cover then why was he playing that game anyway. We have no one to replace him . People forget how bad Fred is at progressing the ball

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Anyone blaming Ten Hag for this is an idiot. This is 100% on that donkey Carroll.

We had just played a little more than 50 minutes and were only 1-0 up and therefore risking a re-play. Not to mention there were at least 3 more important players than Eriksen on the field, so in terms of "saving your best players" the argument doesn't make that much sense either. Can you imagine if we had subbed off Eriksen and then Casemiro got injured instead?

You can protect the team from every possible incident. You just can't.
It reminds me of average "investors" who always moan "I should have bought more during the dip" overlooking the fact that whatever assets theyre buying could go down more.

Drainy

fecking genius taking a risk on him in a game against reading. I'm sure people are going to come tell me that ETH knows more about football than me and why he's right not to rotate but feck me, he's 31, has played non stop, if it wasn't against reading, who would he be rested against? Of course given our luck, he would get that injury in the one game he was crying out to be rested in.
fecking genius post.

Let's not play any players in must win games in case they get injured. Genius

Matthew84!

When he was playing, half the fan base on here was moaning, saying he's to light weight or he can't last longer than 60 mins as he's played too much,
Its a blow but not the end of the world.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don't want to sound dramatic but I hope Andy Carroll gets launched into the sun.

Prodigy24

Awful news and could potentially ruin our entire season with all the games coming up. Such a massive shame. The fact that we didn't try to get a midfielder in this month is a travesty and it looks even worse now.

And Andy Carroll, the useless bastard. If I'd write everything I think about him right now I'd get a permanent ban from this place. Can FA not look in to that awful tackle now and suspend him?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gutted it's so long. Walked off and even crutches can be precautionary.
Blame is all on Carroll not Ten Hag.

Who was to know he'd be on some goon demolition mission.
At least it'll stop people moaning we're too open in midfield when Fred's energy comes in.

But we lose an exceptional range of passing from that area.

SATA

Not really fussed with Eriksen. He makes our midfield too weak and slow sometimes i feel. Bruno can slot perfectly into his spot and perhaps the returning Sancho can play as a 10

Withnail

As he isn't in the thread I have to say the Eriksen's injury is Antony's fault as it just is. If he had been running down the right side of the pitch and using his right foot , it would have dragged the whole of the reading team with him including Carroll resulting him in being nowhere near Eriksen to foul him. Why we spent 80mill on a player who wants to be here is beyond me.
Don't put your back reaching mate ffs :lol:

Terrible news. It leaves us short. I hope we dip in the market
Not happening I'm afraid. We'll just have to make do.

Djemba-Djemba

Gutted he's going to miss the cup final.

He's going to be a massive miss. Bruno now has so much responsibility for creativity.

Andy Carroll was an utter fecking disgrace on Saturday and I'm convinced he was determined to injure someone.

Chairman Steve

I think people are going overboard with this. It’s a blow but it’s not season ending personally. People were saying Eriksen was a weak link a week ago and now it’s like we’ve lost 2012 Messi.

You can put Fred in, drop Bruno back, put Mainoo in more etc. Casemiro has a good passing range from centre midfield. Sancho could be deployed at the attacking midfield part.

Get a cheap loan in the next few hours and it‘s better. Hopefully that’s why we’ve been so silent since Saturday about it, because we’ve been looking around. Maybe Rabiot wants a quick loan from the Juve scandal? :angel:

Glorio

Better call Tielemans fast
:lol: - fun convo that would be!

You know that 2 year period we stopped picking your calls all of a sudden? It's because we all dropped our phones in the North sea by mistake. :nervous:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
As he isn't in the thread I have to say the Eriksen's injury is Antony's fault as it just is. If he had been running down the right side of the pitch and using his right foot , it would have dragged the whole of the reading team with him including Carroll resulting him in being nowhere near Eriksen to foul him. Why we spent 80mill on a player who wants to be here is beyond me.
Agreed.

Also if he had done more spinny moves, it would have disoriented Carroll, making him too dizzy to land his assaults

rooney2009

We can nick Jorginho’s move to Arsenal
I think we need to bring someone in on loan as we are low on numbers

Withnail

Not really fussed with Eriksen. He makes our midfield too weak and slow sometimes i feel. Bruno can slot perfectly into his spot and perhaps the returning Sancho can play as a 10
I don't Bruno can slot perfectly into his spot at all. They're really not the same type of player. Bruno doesn't look after the ball was well as Eriksen and could be a bit of a liability in there.

What makes you think Bruno would be good in that position?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Gutted he's going to miss the cup final.

He's going to be a massive miss. Bruno now has so much responsibility for creativity.

Andy Carroll was an utter fecking disgrace on Saturday and I'm convinced he was determined to injure someone.
Andy Carroll, Newcastle fan.