Christian Eriksen | Signs for Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator

I can't believe people thought we would be buying Eriksen.

And now they are going to get upset and talk about how we've fecked up a deal or something and are complete idiots for failing to do something that was borderline impossible.
Spurs seem open to sell, was just a cold hard rejection from Eriksen.

Slysi17

Oh Shit. I am calling it now. We are going to fall out of the top six. Feeling dejected. Only saving grace will be no Europa League the following season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We're going to end up with a net spend of £75m after Lukaku is sold :lol: :lol: :lol:

So much for supporting Ole with all our power.
Or, just 150 million. It's not great, and I wish our midfield and attack wasn't so stale, but we have made spent big on two players. It's not extremely little spending as some are making it out to be.

Sparky Rhiwabon

This is not surprising, we took months to get the deals done and with a couple of days left, chances were very slim.

So who will be the next briefing? Coutinho? Rakitic?
Coutinho I guess but we'll actually end up with Lemina if anyone

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Another top player has rejected us.. in other news, water is wet.

Ed doing this just so he can say 'We tried' and placate the fans. Don't think we have serious intentions of getting anyone.
It could be either but engaging in these discussions this late just screams to me lack of planning and foresight by the board, manager and his staff. Anyone, who'd watched us last season could tell there's a lack of creativity and goals in our squad. We did absolutely feck all to rectify that this summer. We deserve everything that's coming our way this season.

Or, just 150 million. It's not great, and I wish our midfield and attack wasn't so stale, but we have made spent big on two players. It's not extremely little spending as some are making it out to be.
Lukaku will be sold, his position is untenable. Woodward will fold on deadline day. We've been linked with absolutely no striker this summer. I don't count Dybala because that was dropped into our lap, we never planned a transfer target for that position.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
"Hope. Let me tell you something about hope. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It has no use in the transfer forum. You better get used to that idea"

Red, Shawshank Redemption.

SammyUnited_83

This is not surprising, we took months to get the deals done and with a couple of days left, chances were very slim.

So who will be the next briefing? Coutinho? Rakitic?
Coutinho is the only hope now.

We are a complete laughing stock.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think its the usual Woodward's BS were he tries to make unrealistic last minute signings only to turn to fans saying that he really tried his best. Bottom line of the story is Lukaku's money will be used to pay for Maguire.

Redcy

Ed has fooled us all. We all knew chances were we didn’t spend >100m. The defence will help , but we don’t have enough in midfield, and one injury away from disaster.

Swearing Budgie

Lukaku will be sold, his position is untenable. Woodward will fold on deadline day.
Exactly this. He will fold and take 50 million. He could have sold for more weeks ago but he relied on his amazing negotiating skills and legendary poker face yet again...

Slysi17

That is a bunch of crap. Going to end up spending around 80 million net which is atrocious. You do know Manchester United make the 3rd highest revenue in world football. Its a well known fact. You know where that money is going. Certainly not spent on improving anything to do with the football club. Enjoy Manchester United falling out of the top six then this season. I sure won't.

roonaldo78

I think its the usual Woodward's BS were he tries to make unrealistic last minute signings only to turn to fans saying that he really tried his best. Bottom line of the story is Lukaku's money will be used to pay for Maguire.
Spot on and majority of fans fall for it. Just wait until the end of the window and Woodward will come out saying they had £200 million available if Messi or Mbappe was on the market.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wasn't this place once famous for mocking 'net spend la'.
Yes, but you're using it differently.

Liverpool / Tottenham were praising a low net spend as a sign of good business, i'm not.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Can someone explain to me how Eriksen sticking to his guns, holding out for his dream move to Madrid, is in any way Ed's fault?

Because I don't get it.

Cypriot

Can someone explain to me how Eriksen sticking to his guns, holding out for his dream move to Madrid, is in any way Ed's fault?

Because I don't get it.
I think it's more to do with panic negotiating for players that we have very little time and chance to actually sign. It's incompetence on the clubs behalf and we should have been able to bring in a midfielder. We have obviously looked at 2 or 3 but to be bullied in the market as Manchester United is ridiculous. Worst of all is, this is becoming a regular occurrence.

Raulduke

Assuming the story came from United's side yesterday WTF is the point in briefing positively about a possible transfer one day then briefing that it's off the next? All it does is rile up an already disenchanted fanbase.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Because I don't get it.
It's not, but it does show lack of planning. They could have found that out in a 2 minute telephone conversation. We've wasted the absolute business end of the window chasing 2 players that don't want to be here.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"

Because I don't get it.
Well a day to go, you'd have to assume we would have had other targets than the likes of Erikson...a player we should of checked if he'd fancy a move at the start of window btw, but no...lets feck around and chase him with two days to go because he hasn't landed another MF target

kps88

Because I don't get it.
I do think it's a bit simplistic to blame it all on Ed. But if he was only interested in a move to Spain, we should have figured that out months ago and moved on to another target.

red4ever 79

Because I don't get it.
Agree with you. You dont get if you dont ask. Saying that the fact that we are trying to sign a midfielder with less than 48 hours to go is the fault of Ed

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tbh Erikson moving to Madrid will be good for us anyway. Less likely to want Pogba, and we've got Gomes who could potentially be even more talented.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Briefs out in full over this one, annoying any interest got out in the first place given ignorance is bliss

Status
Not open for further replies.