Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyt

I think both Rashford and Fernandes will have to learn to adapt to football that isn't just hit and hope very quickly or they'll find themselves out of the squad. I don't think it's entirely unrealistic that he pushes Bruno out of the squad, not to say Bruno isn't fantastic when in form but Eriksen just seems like such a better fit for ten Hag. Rashford's quite lucky in the sense that we don't look to be buying direct competition for him this window, however if we do end up signing Antony then Sancho likely nails down the left as his own.
Based on Bruno's form the last 12-18 months I'd happily see him benched for Eriksen.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think both Rashford and Fernandes will have to learn to adapt to football that isn't just hit and hope very quickly or they'll find themselves out of the squad. I don't think it's entirely unrealistic that he pushes Bruno out of the squad, not to say Bruno isn't fantastic when in form but Eriksen just seems like such a better fit for ten Hag. Rashford's quite lucky in the sense that we don't look to be buying direct competition for him this window, however if we do end up signing Antony then Sancho likely nails down the left as his own.
Sancho got 5 goals and 3 assists ironically same number as Rashford although you'd never know that reading the comments on here.

He's not nailing anything down with those numbers.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sancho got 5 goals and 3 assists ironically same number as Rashford although you'd never know that reading the comments on here.

He wasn't great but Rashford was diabolical. His all-round game just seems a better fit for the way we'll likely be playing.

NLunited

I‘d be surprised if Bruno is not important in Ten Hag‘s plan. Maybe he is thinking of playing 3 1 4 2

Varane Maguire Martinez/Torres

FdJ

Dalot Bruno Eriksen Shaw

Ronaldo Sancho

Withnail

Bruno as part of the front 3 maybe, as a roaming/inverted winger? It would lack pace but it's the only way he fits really...

De Jong VdB/Fred

Eriksen

Sancho Ronaldo Bruno​
I‘d be surprised if Bruno is not important in Ten Hag‘s plan. Maybe he is thinking of playing 3 1 4 2

Varane Maguire Martinez/Torres

FdJ

Dalot Bruno Eriksen Shaw

Ronaldo Sancho
It'll be interesting to see how ten Hag sets up his team but I think it's worth pointing out that everyone isn't going to play every game and all of the best players don't have to be shoe-horned into the same XI. We should have options and rotation will be needed to keep the squad fresh.

Banat

Unless the London factor is that big for him?
It is already been debated in some other thread, I think at this stage of his career and with his illness in mind, he would rather pick bigger club with the manager he knows and who clearly wants him, plus we will surely pay better wage than Brentford (unless they break their wage structure + offer him longer contract). Staying in London might be tempting in that case, but otherwise I don't think so.

kthanksbye

Thing is, it was Sancho's first season in the league, Rash has looked disinterested last season.

Olecurls99

It's a big risk if it drags on for too long and then he says no.
Yeah, they both should have deadlines on them. I don't know why it takes so long.
Give Barca our final offer and a deadline. If they pass the deadline pursue the next player on the list. When you reach agreement with that club give Barca one final chance to accept.
If it's a matter of us offering 70m and them looking for 85, 80m should see the deal done. If he's as good as I expect, then it'll be money well spent.

LuckyScout78

Ronaldo will love Eriksen. Kane is missing Eriksen and Trippier.

Kane : "Where is the crosser? After both Eriksen and Trippier left Spurs and Kane. Lesser goals from the wide has been scored by Kane.

Eriksen to Kane is like Tadic to Haller for Ajax. Ten Hag knew when he bought Haller from West Ham to Ajax. Some relations are important.

And not only Eriksen. Getting Raphinha as RW will be the same. Raphinha has really precise long ball, trough ball and crossers.

Raphinha - Eriksen/Bruno - De Jong/Fred/Garner - De Jong/Bruno/Eriksen - Rashford/Sancho + Ronaldo/Rashford

Relations : Raphinha&Eriksen&Bruno------> United CF Ronaldo/Rashford. He will get conistently top service. Feed him consistently. Not only with passes. But good conistent support and link up play. And beside being a good precise passer. They are goal scorer too.

If not Eriksen. The alternative to him is the upcoming Ajax offensive creative cm who got some matches in the end of last season for Ajax. In Kenneth Taylor. Kenneth Taylor left foot is really precise right now and can be really good in the future.

One to watch out and keeps close eyes on. Kenneth Taylor from Ajax.

Kaushal

2021/22 -Mctominay, Fred, Bruno

2022/23 - Fred, De Jong, Eriksen OR
De Jong, Eriksen , Bruno

Forget about other areas, that difference alone is staggering.

Teja

The shape of our team next season will be interesting. At the moment I don't see where Bruno and Rashford play, I know many may not mind that in the slightest, but I'm curious to see how things pan out for this team if signings like this pull through.
I'm so damn excited for once. We are going to have technical players all across the midfield. It's going to be incredible!

Initially it might be a bit of lvg zombie passes but we will get better very quickly

Bwuk

I follow an account on twitter who seems to get a lot of ITK info. @zeeshankz is his handle.

He tweeted 2 days ago that Eriksen would be a done deal after the Eriksen family holiday, July 1st.

He's been right on quite a bit so far so fingers crossed.

AltiUn

I follow an account on twitter who seems to get a lot of ITK info. @zeeshankz is his handle.

He tweeted 2 days ago that Eriksen would be a done deal after the Eriksen family holiday, July 1st.

To United?

Tavern in the town

Alistair Gold has said Eriksen hasn’t made up his mind yet so this is likely bullshit.

Kramer

It’s amazing how many of these ITK’s surface every summer. From outta nowhere.

But encouraging news today that Spurs are seemingly not keen.

Hopefully, we get this done. Quality player and helps with our budget too.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

If this is true in the next couple days, then I’m inclined to hold a little bit of weight to his words

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Main thoughts on this are:

1. Interesting that ETH seems to very much want Eriksen and see him as central to his plans, rather than feeling ah it's a bonus if it happens, which is the way I think most fans saw it at first, understandably.

2. Tottenham don't look overly keen. I would hope we're the frontrunners now.

Positive stuff.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Main thoughts on this are:

1. Interesting that ETH seems to very much want Eriksen and see him as central to his plans, rather than feeling ah it's a bonus if it happens, which is the way I think most fans saw it at first, understandably.

2. Tottenham don't look overly keen. I would hope we're the frontrunners now.

Positive stuff.
Agreed with the bolded, but it shows how little actual attention people pay to the performances rather than reputations of footballers. Eriksen is an obvious nailed started for us based on his time at Brentford, Bruno falling off a cliff whilst remaining highly flawed, Sancho being thoroughly disappointing, and Pogba having left.

MUFC OK

Rashford's problems last season were deeper than G/A numbers. He was struggling to control a ball, giving it away constantly and simply not tracking back or working for the team.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Well, that's not necessarily his fault. That stat is a bit ambiguous.
Saw a video recently that explained he was only better than Rashford (if memory serves) with his crosses, and that the lack of quality on his through balls means it's something he'd have to cut out if he goes to a top side.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I've always said I don't really rate Eriksen, and that's still the case.

However, if ten Hag is set on wanting him, I'm happy to put my faith in him and be proven wrong. Unlike all of our managers post Fergie, he's buying players to fit his modern attacking system instead of our previous scatter gun approach, so I'm more optimistic than I otherwise would be.
Not sure beggars can be choosers, especially us this summer. He improves the squad and competes directly with an underperforming player, plus he’s eclectic and he’s ‘free’. I don’t think he’s uppermost tier, but he trounces what we have and to pay for superior talent than him, we can’t afford to do that this summer.

I’d rather see him ahead of this mythical player we’re chasing than Bruno 10 out of 10 times, so it’s a no brainer, for me.

Last edited:

justsomebloke

Not sure beggars can be choosers, especially us this summer. He improves the squad and competes directly with an underperforming player, plus he’s eclectic and he’s ‘free’. I don’t think he’s uppermost tier, but he trounces what we have and to pay for superior talent than him, we can’t afford to do that this summer.

I’d rather see him ahead of this mythical player we’re chasing than Bruno 10 out of 10 times, so it’s a no brainier, for me.
Sure, Bruno is our big problem. He only created 3 more scoring chances than anybody else in the PL last season, so why would anyone want him to start. :)

I really don't get this Bruno thing. Most chances created in the PL, 10 goals and 6 assists in the PL. And that's him playing for a dysfunctional team and having an off-year. The season before he was second in league scoring - a better goal scorer than every striker in the league except Harry Kane. There is such a thing as getting too caught up on your own eye test.

jamesjimmybyrondean

People keep saying Eriksen would be less careless with his passes than Bruno but Erisken has the lesser pass accuracy. Is this a case of reading too much into stats?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Really thought he would end up back at Spurs but I guess money talks and no doubt you have offered him a ton more cash. He will be an excellent signing for whoever gets him.

AltiUn

Really thought he would end up back at Spurs but I guess money talks and no doubt you have offered him a ton more cash. He will be an excellent signing for whoever gets him.
An unusually bitter sounding post from you.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
By all accounts Man Utd have not been offering stupid money this summer so don't think this is true at all.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yep, that's the only reason he would choose us over Totspurs.
He must have read the Manchester vs London thread and realised how much better it is up north.
One sip of Manchester tap water and it was a wrap, they're saying.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Thing is, it was Sancho's first season in the league, Rash has looked disinterested last season.
Rashford got 20 and 13 season before. Let's see Sancho get those numbers in a proper league before we start giving him automatic starter status.

Both of them can do so much better.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
So with Eriksen, is it him behind Ronaldo and Bruno wide right?

AltiUn

Rashford got 20 and 13 season before. Let's see Sancho get those numbers in a proper league before we start giving him automatic starter status.

Both of them can do so much better.
In fairness I didn't say he was guaranteed to be an automatic starter I just said I thought it was likely he'd nail down the spot.

Red_toad

Spuds made contact weeks ago and didn’t follow up. Conte probably doesn’t want him as used him badly at Inter. It’s all media rehashing old stories to create a click frenzy from United fans.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
As far as I'm concerned, he can treat it as a bowl of porridge if he likes, as long as he keeps up that kind of output.
It isn’t good output in the slightest if the remainder of the time he is giving the ball to the opposition or putting his own team under pressure. Simple fact is most players don’t play in such a haphazard way or they too could boost stats on paper.

He should be utilised in a forward position, but certainly not midfield where what he does is a threat to both the opposition and his own team.

Status
Not open for further replies.