Christian Eriksen | Signs for Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man-United

Great news

good to see some still find the time to nitpick a detail “his contract is too long waaaah”
Maybe because the club done this before and got stuck with Jones, Mata, Martial etc on longer deals? I was hoping for 2 years. It he turns out to be another Mata, we would be in a situation like this again.
Must be allowed to be worried about what the club do still.

Very happy with everything else though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A fantastic squad player that is technically excellent, i've always liked him.

The White Pele

Good news. I’m hoping he’s not going to start on the left. I’m more hopeful that he’ll be a rotation option across multiple positions and also an impact sub.

Swedish_Plumber

Boo. Was hoping we’d be in for him but as a Dane it’ll be exciting to see him play at the highest level again.

Think he’s a great signing for you, and on a free too.
Nice of a liverpool fan to say United are at the highest level.

Thanks mate!

Man-United

Ornstein broke the news, now other journalists just write the same so we think they are credible..

mu4c_20le

From the perspective of game time, staying in London, playing for a coach he knows and surrounded by familiar faces yeah we had some hope.
Yeah I think manager is the key here. If we didnt have ten hag then i wouldnt be so sure

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Good news. I’m hoping he’s not going to start on the left. I’m more hopeful that he’ll be a rotation option across multiple positions and also an impact sub.
It's the club rule that all new attacking signings have to play inside left and disrupt the team.

Woziak

Talk Sport chatting normal garbage that it’s a poor signing, one moment he’s not choosing united look how we’ve fallen, the next is no big deal and a squad player.

Look he’s free, he’s a good around the squad and I can see him starting as an 8 in games we look to dominate with Bruno and him interchangeable as 8 and 10.

Also he can play off the right, the question, is he an upgrade on a 35 year old Juan Mata, looking at his form for Brentford I would say yes, so let’s be optimistic T Malicia, C Eriksen and hopefully FDJ by end of the week having spent £70M would be good business and give us a foundation to go get another 3 to 4 players. We need a CB, RW and a CFW and should we sell
Ronaldo for a minimum of £50M then go get Dumfries as a right back too.

It’s clear to me players like Eriksen, DVB, FDJ and Antony only have the utmost admiration for ETH so that’s a good thing.

JB7

Maybe because the club done this before and got stuck with Jones, Mata, Martial etc on longer deals? I was hoping for 2 years. It he turns out to be another Mata, we would be in a situation like this again.
Must be allowed to be worried about what the club do still.

Very happy with everything else though.
Maybe the salary isn't going to be ridiculously high so that any potential suitors would be scared off if we did want to sell him before the end of the contract? Maybe there are year break clauses in the deal as there clearly were in Matic's deal?

Why does the negative angle always have to immediately be searched for? It's a good signing and it's a free transfer, there is no real downside.

Pronewbie

Peep
He will play on the left of a 3-man midfield just as he has at Brentford, with pretty solid defensive stats. I believe he joins as a starter, and is an upgrade over McT and Fred when fit. It's quite common for attackers of his ilk to play deeper as they age.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think he's gonna play quite deep in midfield for us if he signs. Settle in to that DLP type role for the most part. Always liked him as a player, seems a great lad and I hope we can find a really good use for him.

mu4c_20le

Talk Sport chatting normal garbage that it’s a poor signing, one moment he’s not choosing united look how we’ve fallen, the next is no big deal and a squad player.
:lol: talk shite are literally a gossip channel these days

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Look he’s free, he’s a good around the squad and I can see him starting as an 8 in games we look to dominate with Bruno and him interchangeable as 8 and 10.

Also he can play off the right, the question, is he an upgrade on a 35 year old Juan Mata, looking at his form for Brentford I would say yes, so let’s be optimistic T Malicia, C Eriksen and hopefully FDJ by end of the week having spent £70M would be good business and give us a foundation to go get another 3 to 4 players. We need a CB, RW and a CFW and should we sell
Ronaldo for a minimum of £50M then go get Dumfries as a right back too.

It’s clear to me players like Eriksen, DVB, FDJ and Antony only have the utmost admiration for ETH so that’s a good thing.
:lol: talk shite are literally a gossip channel these days
They say things to get attention and it works

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Great signing this! We’ve got a quality set piece taker now aswell. How will he fit in with Bruno though? Will it be a case of 1 or the other. I know eriksen has developed his game a little bit and can now play deeper but not sure that will work with Bruno.

Rajma

The one of being shit at keeping the ball?
It’s pretty simple, this is obviously a very good signing given the direction we’re heading with ETH. We have a long history of being unable to dominate possession in a meaningful way due to the lack of ball keeping quality in the midfield.

Kaos

Brilliant news! If we manage to wrap up De Jong and Martinez and bring in a replacement for Ronaldo then that would have been a good window IMO. A little mystified that we aren't looking for a DM too, but I'll trust Ten Hag on that one.

Now to wait for the tap in merchant's 'here we go'.

Status
Not open for further replies.