Christian Pulisic | Chelsea player

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Aaah my mistake! Youngest to score a brace in a WC qualifier. Youngest to score two goals in the bundesliga having scored in consecutive matches.

A few other records to go along with those.

The point is the same. No one here is over hyping him.
So does mine, Sahin scored even earlier than him, from a deeper position in a much, much worse team. Is he a world class player now? Or is it maybe a bit silly to judge players based on this achievement.
I don't see Pulisic in the very top bracket, he is quite talented and incredibly mature, so he looks good for his age and has a decent output early on. But maturity is not a lasting advantage. If he was playing for a decent nation I reckon the hype wouldn't nearly be as big.

NoPace

Isn't his preferred position the RW? That would suit us to a tee. Add the fact that he is an United fan and extremely marketable and this just makes too much sense.
It's too early to say what his best position is. Good chance it's not not RW since he's right footed and not a pure touchline winger and nowadays that probably means he's an LW or a 10/2nd striker.

I really like his aggression as a dribbler (helped by his left foot being stronger than most players in this regard) and that he's not selfish but still a goal threat at a very young age. He's not quite as quick as a guy like Ribery but there's a similar drive and confidence to his game.

If we do like him as an RW, it would make sense to sign him and have him be the heir apparent to Mata as a creative option who can help in the midfield battle and playmake from the right and drifting inside (like Isco say)for our more vertical attackers in Lukaku, Martial and Rashford who project as a classic 9 and 2 goalscoring wingers in the style of a Bale or Cristiano, looking to get into the box constantly.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looks a solid talent since day one. At worst would definitely be a solid squad player and get plenty of starts here through course of a season.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Fantastic talent and still 19. It seems we have lots of young players today who aren't just potential and 'need to be eased in', they're already good enough to be a starter: Pulisic, Mbappe, Dembele, Asensio, Rashford, Martial, Coman etc.
This is one piece of evidence that would point to this being an obvious move: the next elite crop of young forwards are largely in place at Madrid, PSG, Barca..., and we cannot afford to miss out on the 'next.'

But the other obvious move (Griezmann) and maybe Ozil on a free complicates things.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is one piece of evidence that would point to this being an obvious move: the next elite crop of young forwards are largely in place at Madrid, PSG, Barca..., and we cannot afford to miss out on the 'next.'

But the other obvious move (Griezmann) and maybe Ozil on a free complicates things.
Every year or 2, some young player always pops up. 2 years back Dembele wasn't even in conversations, people were talking about Martial as France's best young attacking player, now he is behind Dembele and Mbappe already.

There will be more young players who will make first team and looks bigger talent.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Every year or 2, some young player always pops up. 2 years back Dembele wasn't even in conversations, people were talking about Martial as France's best young attacking player, now he is behind Dembele and Mbappe already.

There will be more young players who will make first team and looks bigger talent.
Talents like Mbappe are in rarefied air. He would've cost more than Martial even at that time if rumors are correct.

Forwards in football are like quarterbacks in American football; you simply cannot afford to miss, lest you be left behind.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Talents like Mbappe are in rarefied air. He would've cost more than Martial even at that time if rumors are correct.

Forwards in football are like quarterbacks in American football; you simply cannot afford to miss, lest you be left behind.
We haven't missed, we also have potentially world class player Martial.

Not sure how true those rumors are considering Mbappe was 16 year old when Martial was signed for ManUtd.

Likewise Asensio wasn't talked like he was elite talent when he was 18 or 19 year old, so like I said many players will make step up and will be available.

PieCrust

His best position is as an attacking playmaking midfielder. He's deadly in space, working behind the forwards. The national team gets the best from him because they play a 442 where he can drift and be the third attacker coming into the box, making him difficult to account for.

He's not a winger and much like Martial and Rashford, would be out of position there. In the current squad he'd be challenging for Mhiki's place.

Sterling Archer

If he was playing for a decent nation I reckon the hype wouldn't nearly be as big.
I'd be curious about how many in this thread that have given him over the top praise are American. I am and I am unabashedly a Pulisic fan. And I've no qualms in speaking in hyperbole about him, especially in the States because he has the kind of appeal of a superstar in the making which is, for better or worse, needed to raise the profile of the game in the US.

SteveW

He's going to be incredible and he's actually attainable. Just can't see us going for him though

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
He's going to be incredible and he's actually attainable. Just can't see us going for him though
Why?

RW - check
Attainable - check
Huge marketing potential in the US- check
Young - check
Good enough - check

Kostur

海尔的老板
Probably the only BVB player to hold his head high after their match against Bayern today. He's got great pace and technique, very good first touch that allows him to lose players that try to mark him, good dribbling and a pretty good cross on him too. I'm hyped, get him.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Guaranteed to be on United's radar when you consider not just his talent, but the commercial opportunities he presents in the Glazers' home market as someone who's already showing the class to be the greatest American player of all time at a really young age. Makes perfect sense for the summer window with the U.S. missing out on the World Cup. Unless Mourinho's just not interested in him for some odd reason - don't see why not because he's almost exactly what we need in terms of dynamism and technique, and has good off-the-ball workrate to boot.

yo@Kirk

If Mourinho likes Mata, he'll absolutely love Pulisic. He'll cost at least as much as Dembele to Barca, 105m euros. I think he would be better value and a better fit than Greizmann. United would sell 1m Pulisic shirts in the U.S. in the first month after his signing. Chevy, Adidas, and NBC sports would probably pay a considerable portion of the transfer fee themselves to get Pulisic to United.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
If Mourinho likes Mata, he'll absolutely love Pulisic. He'll cost at least as much as Dembele to Barca, 105m euros. I think he would be better value and a better fit than Greizmann. United would sell 1m Pulisic shirts in the U.S. in the first month after his signing. Chevy, Adidas, and NBC sports would probably pay a considerable portion of the transfer fee themselves to get Pulisic to United.
Wha...why? You think they're somehow similar? I can't see it.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Unless the deal is different than with the previous Nike deal, United wouldn't benefit from shirt sales but adidas would.

1m shirt sales in the first month is a massive overestimate. The sport simply doesn't generate that kind of hype and interest to see 1m shirts bought in the first month of a transfer. Maybe in the first year there could be that many purchased in the US. Missing out on the WC also hurts from a marketing view.

But Pulisic could open the US market to other revenue streams for United.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
For fecking once a mercurial talent is a United fan and are likely to choose us ahead of the usual suspects, you better fecking get this done Woody.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Just buy Griezmann and leave Pulisic to Bayern please. Thank you.