g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Christian Pulisic | Chelsea player

yo@Kirk

Wha...why? You think they're somehow similar? I can't see it.
Pulisic plays RW like Mourinho dreams of Mata playing RW. A scoring chance creator playing from a wide position who can retain possession and tracks back to assist the defense.

Reactions: Invictus

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We should be all over him. For once act quick Woody!

Red-17

Just buy Griezmann and leave Pulisic to Bayern please. Thank you.
I don't really see how Griezman fits into our system. He seems to be best as almost a second striker, and most who have watched him say he's not at his best on the wing. We already have Lukaku who's basically a nailed on starter with Rashford and Martial who also probably prefer to play centrally. I feel like we need a right sided player and/or a number 10 much more than another striker.

Pulisic can play on either wing or as a 10 comfortably, so we wouldn't have to adapt our system around him. He's also phenomenal defensively so he should certainly suit Mourinho. He's almost like Lingard but much better with the ball. You rarely see someone at that age with such maturity.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Pulisic plays RW like Mourinho dreams of Mata playing RW. A scoring chance creator playing from a wide position who can retain possession and tracks back to assist the defense.
Oh, so you meant it in the sense that Pulisic is / will be better than Mata. I got it now. I thought you're saying they're similar players and Jose would like one because he likes the other, that's why I asked.

Anyway, all I'm seeing in him is Hazard. I've said it 3 times already today but I always thought he reminds me of someone when I was watching him and it kept bugging me. After one of his runs today it came to me finally. Pulisic seems a bit more direct while Hazard likes to take a longer route sometimes - doing backwards and sideways runs with the ball in long arcs. But the way they run with the ball, the balance, the close control are identical.

Last edited:

Red-17

Oh, so you meant it in the sense that Pulisic is better than Mata. I got it now. I thought you're saying they're the similar and Jose would like one because he likes the other, that's why I asked.

Anyway, all I'm seeing in him is Hazard. I've said it 3 times already today but I always thought he reminds me of someone when I was watching him and it kept bugging me. After one of his runs today it came to me finally. Pulisic seems a bit more direct while Hazard likes to take a longer route sometimes - doing backwards and sideways runs with the ball in long arcs. But the way they run with the ball, the close control is identical.
Yeah there's certainly a lot of similarities. Pulisic is definitely better at tracking back than Hazard, but he's obviously not yet on the level of Hazard in terms of 1 v 1s or end product.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
His dribbling is very similar to Hazard, keeps the ball very close and dribbles in full speed.

One thing I've noticed is that he possess plenty of the Caf's holy grail, pace :drool:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
@Scarecrow - I don't know much about Hazard's overall game - does he track back and is willing to put in a defensive shift?

Pulisic certainly is willing to do all that from what I've noticed.
My impression is that he puts in a shift sometimes, when needed, but I wouldn't say it's one of his qualities. Better to ask one of the Chelsea fans, as I don't watch him week-in-week out. Same goes for Pulisic though.

Anyway, I was talking specifically about the way they move and play with the ball, not really their work-rate or mentality. I don't know Pulisic that well yet.

Champagne Football

Jose would tend to go for a crocked Bale with 3 years left in him for similar money you'd get Pulisic with 10+ great years in him. Glazer's should be all over him to boost the club brand in the USA. He'd be a wonderful addition but you're talking 80 or 90 million quid considering what Ousmane went for.

MadMike

After Kagawa and Mkhi, I’m a little bit sceptical about signing #10s from BVB. The style of football that team plays as well that of German football in general certainly brings the very best out of those players. Not sure that necessarily translates well here.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah there's certainly a lot of similarities. Pulisic is definitely better at tracking back than Hazard, but he's obviously not yet on the level of Hazard in terms of 1 v 1s or end product.
I agree with the Hazard comparison and also see a bit of Ribery in him. A playmaker on the wing that could end up producing a crazy amount of assists.
Pulisic is obviously not yet on the level of those two, but he screams greatness when I watch him.

Treble

Looks special. Will cost a lot though. Dembele numbers.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He's one of the best dribblers in the game already. Fantastic close control at blistering speed.

When it clicks for him in terms of end product he'll score and assist bucket loads.

SwansonsTache

Yeah, contract until 2020 and with Dortmund hating us for poaching their players they will fleece us.

Think Woody can be convinced though considering the marketing potential in the US.

Lentwood

Griezmann and Pulisic are both realistic targets and we should b going all out to land them in the summer. £200m should land them both and we can ship out Mhiki, Mata, Herrera, Lindelof and Shaw to help fund it if necessary

Nostradamus

Can’t even predict the past
Bingo.

Pulisic was 'smart' to just extend until 2020 to have all options open short-term. If he really wishes to leave, then Dortmund cannot do too much with just 2 years of contract left at the end of the season. They will fight tooth and nail though to keep him at least until 2019 trying to extend and it will be extremely tough to convince them to negotiate a sale. They will be max stubborn in that case trying to avoid a pattern at all costs.

Pulisic is no Dembele though and I highly doubt, that he would try to force a move away that way. The most likely scenario IMO here is another extension prob until 2021 or hopefully 2022. I think he doesnt want to move to another club..yet.

Dortmund will try to sell Aubameyang for around 80m€ and trying to keep their promising youngsters. IMO they should get rid off Bosz first and then the wannabe leaders Sahin, Schmelzer, Castro & Co. next. Rode, Schürrle, Sokrates and some others should be sold too..too much mediocrity there, so time to reshape.

SwansonsTache

Pulisic is no Dembele though and I highly doubt, that he would try to force a move away that way. The most likely scenario IMO here is another extension prob until 2021 or hopefully 2022. I think he doesnt want to move to another club..yet.
I think he would be very tempted by us, being a childhood fan. Factor in the wages, the fact that he would be first choice RW since we have no one else and it all comes together. I've seen interviews with him lauding the PL as his favourite league as well.

Would be like having another Martial \ Rashford on the RW, would improve us so much and Pulisic is smart enough to see it.

ThanhlongTDK

Supports
Dortmund
Bingo.

Pulisic was 'smart' to just extend until 2020 to have all options open short-term. If he really wishes to leave, then Dortmund cannot do too much with just 2 years of contract left at the end of the season. They will fight tooth and nail though to keep him at least until 2019 trying to extend and it will be extremely tough to convince them to negotiate a sale. They will be max stubborn in that case trying to avoid a pattern at all costs.

Dortmund will try to sell Aubameyang for around 80m€ and trying to keep their promising youngsters. IMO they should get rid off Bosz first and then the wannabe leaders Sahin, Schmelzer, Castro & Co. next. Rode, Schürrle, Sokrates and some others should be sold too..too much mediocrity there, so time to reshape.
The hell, i agreed with everyhing you said except for Sokratis. He was one of the best CB in BL last season. He's been solid for BvB and should be on the top 10 CB in the world.

But you re right. That fecking bald dutchman and Nuri Sahin, Castro,... should go

Bestietom

Leon Bailey is the one for RW that we should go for now. He is a top talent and would be ideal for us now.

Nostradamus

I think he would be very tempted by us, being a childhood fan. Factor in the wages, the fact that he would be first choice RW since we have no one else and it all comes together. I've seen interviews with him lauding the PL as his favourite league as well.

Would be like having another Martial \ Rashford on the RW, would improve us so much and Pulisic is smart enough to see it.
And I have read interviews of him playing down this desire for United, as he was a kid then.

I m not naive and surely he could be tempted by United and EPL in general, but I think he doesnt want to leave Dortmund next season. Its just a matter of time though.

Nostradamus

The hell, i agreed with everyhing you said except for Sokratis. He was one of the best CB in BL last season. He's been solid for BvB and should be on the top 10 CB in the world.

But you re right. That fecking bald dutchman and Nuri Sahin, Castro,... should go
Sokrates is a desaster waiting to happen almost every single game..constantly pulling shirts in the box and pretty dumb in general..his passing is not good too..one of the most overrated CB's.

Bestietom

And I have read interviews of him playing down this desire for United, as he was a kid then.

I m not naive and surely he could be tempted by United and EPL in general, but I think he doesnt want to leave Dortmund next season. Its just a matter of time though.
Think Leon Bailey for RW is the one we should go for @Nostradamus. He is a great player, and still only 20.

Tarrou

Looks a United player, a Mourinho player, a Woody player, and a Caf player to me.

Redo91

Looks a good player but I'm a little concerned by his end product. He doesn't seem to have scored/assisted much this season.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Looks a good player but I'm a little concerned by his end product. He doesn't seem to have scored/assisted much this season.
Are you looking at stats for this? Because again, it's a pile of modern-age football analysis crap.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He just turned 19 and his team plays like shit.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well obviously. He looks a real talent but for a player in his position you'd expect him to be scoring and assisting a bit more.
The assist stat is overrated and misunderstood. Stop looking at it, it's almost meaningless

txred

Pulisic as, say, the next great United #7 would be too much for me to handle. Not sure he has it in him to be THAT level of great, but perhaps that's just my pessimism as an American fan speaking.

Mrob777

Supports
Liverpool
Pulisic is absolute quality, and I might be jumping the gun here, but on current form he is Dortmund’s best player. During the Bayern match, he was arguably the best player on the pitch for both teams.

yo@Kirk

After Pulisic's performance vs Bayern, Lothar Matthaus is calling for Bayern to snap him up quick to replace Robben. As he showed vs Bayern, he's got the fire in the belly to play his best against the best. I would love to see that attitude, along with his impressive skill set, in the United lineup.