Christian Pulisic | Signed by Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not another fragile Dortmund player, please. I'd rather we go for Timo Werner or someone of that ilk
I dont think it's a Dortmund curse just that the two players we've bought from them were two players that had the sides built around them and going from that to being shoehorned into a position with us has been the difference (well that along with all the other usual factors)

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Imagine the US marketing possibilities!
I think it will be Woodward's signings for market commercial reasons, not Mourinho.
I have little doubt that we will be signing him at some point in the future for precisely these reasons.

The first American superstar - United will go PSG-style for. We will smash anyone's offer - such is our strategy to be THE club in the US.

I just wish we had a settled, quality first-team and could buy him for big money this summer and blood him into the team from the subs bench.

KingMinger22

I would also add that even if we had splashed £200m net or so and looked done in the market... if this kid looked available or others were moving for him, I'm sure we would put the money on the table.

Our best chance of securing any sort of financial superiority over Barca and Real, and the other PL teams is to really own the US market. It's probably our only possible way to achieve that.

Axkiko

He was a big United fan as well. Our largest fan base on US finally got us something back. We got lot of fans around the world but always dominated by Madrid and Barcelona of South America players.

Pulisic admits he supported Liverpool’s big rivals Manchester United growing up.

“I was a big Manchester United fan when I was younger, so I loved to watch Wayne Rooney,” he told ESPNFC.

Reactions: Invictus

Smores

He was a big United fan as well. Our largest fan base on US finally got us something back. We got lot of fans around the world but always dominated by Madrid and Barcelona of South America players.

Pulisic admits he supported Liverpool’s big rivals Manchester United growing up.

“I was a big Manchester United fan when I was younger, so I loved to watch Wayne Rooney,” he told ESPNFC.

Oh god, feel old when a footballers recollection of watching United as a youngster is Rooney.

Devil may care

Sounds like we want to wait another season but will make a move if someone else tries, like what we did with Jones and Martial and I'm pretty sure this was the case with Rooney as well, we would have waited a bit longer had Newcastle not made a move..

L1nk

Sounds like we want to wait another season but will make a move if someone else tries, like what we did with Jones and Martial and I'm pretty sure this was the case with Rooney as well, we would have waited a bit longer had Newcastle not made a move..
He's progressing well and will continue to do so at Dortmund, being only 19, so I can understand why we'd like to let him continue to do so until the time is right. I guess we are just prepared to move on him if someone else does, even if that means getting him in earlier than we thought. This is too good of an opportunity for United and the Glazers to pass up, for sure.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
de bruyne was a liverpool fan and his favourite player was owen when he was a kid

him being a childhood united fan might not be all that...

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
How many players have we been linked to today? :lol:

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
No if there's any chances he's available we'll compete for his signature.
We should, even though he's only 19, he's a better overall player than both Mata and Mkhi at this stage of their careers, he's faster, he's better in tight spots against pressing teams, more effective in 1 v 1 situations, great crosser and finisher, and much more mentally tough than Mkhi. Mata is tough as nails and still has many other great attributes, but simply doesn't have the speed or quickness to keep up with the rest of the team. CP also has some leadership intangibles that would fit in nicely at United.

Last edited:

beingshe7don

Pulisic is a must. We could build our team around him and Pogba and give Pulisic the No. 10 shirt. Although I think that we should have a deal in place and have him play in Dortmund for another 2 years on loan.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Pulisic is a must. We could build our team around him and Pogba and give Pulisic the No. 10 shirt. Although I think that we should have a deal in place and have him play in Dortmund for another 2 years on loan.
Good idea hence the article @KM posted that we won't go for him unless one of our rivals does.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
de bruyne was a liverpool fan and his favourite player was owen when he was a kid

Or it 'might' be significant..

Last edited:

Hawks2008

Makes sense commercially and could be a good fit for the RW spot. If he's available I definitely see us going for him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What incentive would Dortmund have to sell him to us now and keep him for two years? They have a genuine future star, and who knows where prices would be if they sold him in two years?

It’s also a risk for us to pay massive money today for a player we won’t have for another two years. We might not even want him in two years!

Red_toad

What incentive would Dortmund have to sell him to us now and keep him for two years? They have a genuine future star, and who knows where prices would be if they sold him in two years?

It’s also a risk for us to pay massive money today for a player we won’t have for another two years. We might not even want him in two years!
He’ll be out of contract in 2020, so they’ll be selling him before then.

pascell

This is the only summer they'll get a massive fee for him if that's the case, if he doesn't sign a new contract that is. Depending on if clubs have sounded out his advisors already about a future transfer, I can't see him signing a new deal. I think the player will see the PL too good to turn down, it'd be the ultimate showcase for him to show his talents.

L1nk

This kid has to be the new Number 7, without a doubt, he can become a star that nails down this position and this number for nearly 15 years.

perspective

Supports
Bayern München
was really bad this first half of the season. had the most unsucessful dribbles in Europe. just like Julian Weigl, Tuchels System made him look very good and both struggled in Boszs system, but that´s normal for young players. curious to see how they are doing in the Rückrunde.

minoo-utd

How many players we will sign exactly this month? Our name almost involved in every transfer:lol:. I say we will be signing no one this window.

KingMinger22

It’s better for our prospects than him supporting another team as a kid.

He can pull a Dembele after all.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I would love for Pulisic, possibly the first truly world-class player from the US, to play at United. Makes sense for so many reasons.

Trophy Room

I don't quite understand how you can just stop being a fan? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Ban

His grandad was born in Croatia. Had a chance to play for our NT but refused. A shame.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Lucas Moura would be a better signing tbh, and 4 times cheaper too.

Snafu17

His grandad was born in Croatia. Had a chance to play for our NT but refused. A shame.
He feels American apparently. He even pronounces his last name with a k I believe. Which is bit weird but I guess it makes sense if you live in the states.

HoopsMcCann

was really bad this first half of the season. had the most unsucessful dribbles in Europe. just like Julian Weigl, Tuchels System made him look very good and both struggled in Boszs system, but that´s normal for young players. curious to see how they are doing in the Rückrunde.
He's also in the top 10 in attempts and 2nd in Germany in successful dribbles.

Ban

He feels American apparently. He even pronounces his last name with a k I believe. Which is bit weird but I guess it makes sense if you live in the states.
Yeah he's 2nd generation American so it's not strange although on the other hand some opt for the country of their grandparents.

Status
Not open for further replies.