City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
And so is City's support, they're hardly flash in the pans either, they won a European trophy before Liverpool ever did and at the same time as Arsenal won their first European trophy
Maybe so, where I live I dint know a single adult who supports Man City, Just one or two kids.
it’s dominated by Manchester United and Liverpool with a sprinkling of Leeds and arsenal.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Maybe so, where I live I dint know a single adult who supports Man City, Just one or two kids.
it’s dominated by Manchester United and Liverpool with a sprinkling of Leeds and arsenal.
Where I live the only shirts I've seen are the United one I bought my Missus 10+ years ago and a Barca 10 with Messi on the back for my daughter - and that was mainly because at the time she was 10 and very messy!

Strelok

It doesn’t work like that. If you actively and with full knowledge evaded tax for year you can’t just pay it back now and all will be forgotten.
Agree I mean if he paid the taxes.

Redfrog

You could argue they are yeah, compared to the decade prior to the takeover. Lyon won 8 in a row in France. After the takeover, Montpellier, Monaco and Lille all won one. In England there were 3 league winners between 98-08. Between 08-18 there were 5, including Leicester
What are theses teams to do with what City and PSG have done ? So PSG and City spending like crazy to kill every competition have something to do with this teams winning ?

It like trying to prove there is martians on the moon by saying there is water on Mars ! No logic at all.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
What are theses teams to do with what City and PSG have done ? So PSG and City spending like crazy to kill every competition have something to do with this teams winning ?

It like trying to prove there is martians on the moon by saying there is water on Mars ! No logic at all.
I think he is trying to say the large investment teams actually led to a broader scope of competition.

Which could be true.

But you are correct in saying it makes no difference in this case. I don’t know if PSG made the same stupid decisions, but intentionally committing fraud is a whole different level of offense from “financial disparity”.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Manchester United would be able to earn hundreds of millions more in revenue if they were allowed to sell their own media rights to all their games to Amazon fecking Prime. They aren’t allowed to do so because it would be unfair and make the league less competitive. Is this a legal cartel stopping Manchester United being competitive? You oil lickers can’t have it both ways. You can’t allow unregulated spending from states or owners who want to sportwash their crimes that results in one club winning 5 of the last 6 EPL titles on one hand but with the other say it’s unfair and against the spirit of the league for Manchester United to sell their own media rights - It’s hypocritical bullshit.
United have always been a promoter of the collective agreement on TV rights, so have Liverpool, I think Arsenal were the same, those 3 clubs at the advent ff the PL era could have gone down that route and would almost certainly have achieved it

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Where I live the only shirts I've seen are the United one I bought my Missus 10+ years ago and a Barca 10 with Messi on the back for my daughter - and that was mainly because at the time she was 10 and very messy!
See what you did there! :devil:

Redfrog

I think he is trying to say the large investment teams actually led to a broader scope of competition.

Which could be true.

But you are correct in saying it makes no difference in this case. I don’t know if PSG made the same stupid decisions, but intentionally committing fraud is a whole different level of offense from “financial disparity”.
We have seen how this clubs inflated the market so I don’t think it leads to a broader scope of competition. Actually it killed every historic club who operate on a restraining budget.
Now every big club is suffering to buy players. It went out of proportion. It is killing the game.

JustCoco

Supports
Red Devils
So no need to win trophies then? If you won enough in the past, that prestige will get you through decades of shit years? And conversely, you can't win fans through winning trophies and gaining more exposure? So if you were a small club before, you're pretty much doomed?

This is so counter-intuitive that all my mind is agreeing with you
You're missing the point, massively.

Sponsors will need to see balance sheets to prove that the team is a good choice financially speaking.

If City have built their reputation by using fake puppet companies, that will have a knock on effect [Fake company A invests a million, real company A see's that and is tricked into thinking "we could offer more for a more prompinent placement" etc] Then down the road, new sponsors will see their *true* value, which can hamper further sponsorship deals.

It's not like these companies will be happy knowing they were conned, and then sponsor them again. Hell If City are found guilty, I wouldn't be surprised if the genuine companies that sponsor them sue them too, gaining investment through false financial records is very illegal and alot of money has changed hands

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
:confused::confused: You not feeding her enough?
She dosnt't live at home anymore but she's one of those that can eat what she wants and it doisn't make any difference, unlike me, her Mom or her older sister - it pisses us off!!

Tarrou

I wonder if the owners are considering abandoning ship at this point?

the entire exercise of cleansing their reputation for the past 15 years has just ended up in everyone thinking they're a bunch of unethical cheating cnuts :lol: :lol: :lol:

sglowrider

She dosnt't live at home anymore but she's one of those that can eat what she wants and it doisn't make any difference, unlike me, her Mom or her older sister - it pisses us off!!
I know how that is! A whiff of chocolate and I can feel my waistline increase.

sglowrider

I wonder if the owners are considering abandoning ship at this point?

the entire exercise of cleansing their reputation for the past 15 years has just ended up in everyone thinking they're a bunch of unethical cheating cnuts :lol: :lol: :lol:
I doubt if it's at the top of their minds. Maximising profits is the main priority -- and in that sense, they have done well for themselves. The opportunity was there, and they took it .. some 17yrs ago.

Tarrou

I doubt if it's at the top of their minds. Maximising profits is the main priority -- and in that sense, they have done well for themselves. The opportunity was there, and they took it .. some 17yrs ago.
what profits are you referring to?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Yeah, newer generations actually believing the memes that we have a historically small fan-base is one of the few things that grind my gears
My Dad's family are all City fans, not really surprising as they come from West Gorton and St Mark's was their local church, my grandad refused to speak to me for weeks when I told him I supported United, he only relented when my Grandma cracked him round the ear hole and told him to grow up, I was 5 and did get it!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
If I was an Arsenal fan, I'd say the successes of those players factor less than current achievements of Arsenal when it comes to figuring out expected income
So you are not an Arsenal fan? What’s your legacy then? Your line sounds like it was invented by an accountant for the Super League

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
In the US both Manchester clubs are often confused as one team. People will say they know Manchester United as obviously your club is massive and that your shirt is red but then they will go on to say that your manager is Pep Guardiola. It’s really odd. But I believe that really no one actually knows much about City outside of Europe.

AttackAttackAttack

In the US both Manchester clubs are often confused as one team. People will say they know Manchester United as obviously your club is massive and that your shirt is red but then they will go on to say that your manager is Pep Guardiola. It’s really odd. But I believe that really no one actually knows much about City outside of Europe.
Where in the US do you live? I live right outside nyc and have never come across that before!

sglowrider

Where in the US do you live? I live right outside nyc and have never come across that before!
Robinho would attest to that.

Strelok

Manchester United would be able to earn hundreds of millions more in revenue if they were allowed to sell their own media rights to all their games to Amazon fecking Prime. They aren’t allowed to do so because it would be unfair and make the league less competitive. Is this a legal cartel stopping Manchester United being competitive? You oil lickers can’t have it both ways. You can’t allow unregulated spending from states or owners who want to sportwash their crimes that results in one club winning 5 of the last 6 EPL titles on one hand but with the other say it’s unfair and against the spirit of the league for Manchester United to sell their own media rights - It’s hypocritical bullshit.
Bang on mate.

Fabio Rochemback

Could we get a poll going as to what people think the punishment will be? My feeling based on what I've read is that they're gonna be relegated to the Championship.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Could we get a poll going as to what people think the punishment will be? My feeling based on what I've read is that they're gonna be relegated to the Championship.
I get the feeling that City will somehow wriggle their way out of this. Especially when paying 80k a day for a lawyer to defend them. You don’t do that unless he’s the best available and can work the system.

Sauxees Moi Hui

If I were the Premier League, I'd be thinking that City's owner has pushed this potentially fraudulent behavior onto the club and is therefore not fit and proper to run a club in England. Thereby requiring City's owner to sell the club.

But we'll see what actually happens.

croadyman

I get the feeling that City will somehow wriggle their way out of this. Especially when paying 80k a day for a lawyer to defend them. You don’t do that unless he’s the best available and can work the system.
Yeah still feels like minimum punishment

croadyman

If I were the Premier League, I'd be thinking that City's owner has pushed this potentially fraudulent behavior onto the club and is therefore not fit and proper to run a club in England. Thereby requiring City's owner to sell the club.

But we'll see what actually happens.
Yeah a Chelsea scenario of a forced sale

InfiniteBoredom

£50m ish fine, 2 windows transfer ban, 9-15 pts deduction next season.

In short, a slap on the wrist. Worst case scenario for them.

croadyman

£50m ish fine, 2 windows transfer ban, 9-15 pts deduction next season.

In short, a slap on the wrist. Worst case scenario for them.
Definitely not punishment fitting the multiple charges,won't lose any of the top players either

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Funny how people don’t seem to understand this. Title of thread is wrong, of course. But this is the actual league of which they are a member charging them. Not primarily with breaking UEFA rules, or FFP. It’s with cooking the books as regards paying Mancini and others, including players, repeatedly over many years. It’s about faking it as regards sponsorship. It’s their plastic selves that’s under attack. And clearly the other clubs are happy to see it proceed. They have referred this to an independent outside body. Now the thing is, lots of things depend on trust; shares, professional credibility; the competition itself. So the question now is: could Pep stay in the face of a conviction for fraud? Players? Owners? The premiership themselves are saying that their competition has effectively been hijacked, that the competition has been stolen from the rightful winners for a decade. Does anyone really think it’s just a couple of points deduction?

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Bang on mate.
The problem is it takes two to Tango.

Whilst it is beyond doubt that if a club was in a position to sell media rights to its home games how much would be paid to the opposition? Would the opposition be prepared to allow their players be part of say an MUFC production?

Its beyond doubt that there is far more interest in Man Utd and others in the big 6 than say Bournemouth or Brentford . Ok the TV model is not perfect but allowing the clubs to have exclusive access to their own home games would be a disaster

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Funny how people don’t seem to understand this. Title of thread is wrong, of course. But this is the actual league of which they are a member charging them. Not primarily with breaking UEFA rules, or FFP. It’s with cooking the books as regards paying Mancini and others, including players, repeatedly over many years. It’s about faking it as regards sponsorship. It’s their plastic selves that’s under attack. And clearly the other clubs are happy to see it proceed. They have referred this to an independent outside body. Now the thing is, lots of things depend on trust; shares, professional credibility; the competition itself. So the question now is: could Pep stay in the face of a conviction for fraud? Players? Owners? The premiership themselves are saying that their competition has effectively been hijacked, that the competition has been stolen from the rightful winners for a decade. Does anyone really think it’s just a couple of points deduction?
It will be interesting to see what happens next if the commission does indeed find against them.

If income has been overstated you wonder if UEFA will again get involved, will the PL then lay separate charges for breaching the PL version of FFP, will HMRC get involved, will companies house have something to say re false filing of accounts?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
‘We cheated because we had to cheat to compete with the clubs that didn’t cheat’

City Defence Force grieves different.