City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
feck me, what absolute drivel.

But we can however prove our points by the sheer fact that pre Fergie we won feck all, despite our finances and post Fergie we’ve won feck all.
Let’s not pretend that in a Cityless World, the likes of Liverpool would have absolutely battered United since Fergie left, as they have done, hell even Spurs, despite United’s size and apparently unfair advantage.

Agree to disagree. I think Fergie was an example of an excellent manager working under excellent conditions. Wenger was an excellent manager working under less than excellent conditions.

Señor Sloppy

I’ll be absolutely shocked if Manchester City get anything much harsher than the proverbial slap on the wrist.

The ultimate question in this matter is – are the Premier League really going to be gunning for the harshest possible sentence on Manchester City?

A sentence where the most star-studded and globally attractive team in its league is irreparably damaged, where iconic moments in the Premier League’s recent history are irreparably tarnished, where the reputation of the Premier League itself could well be irreparably damaged?

One where Manchester City then strike back and unveil every last bit of dirt they have on the internal dealings of the Premier League’s administration and clubs, through every avenue within the media and courts? Where the President of the UAE, possibly also even those of his close regional allies, call up the British Prime Minister to tell him how the actions of our football league are jeopardising bilateral relations during a turbulent geopolitical period?

Or would the Premier League prefer a “soft” win – or even no win at all - which allows them to save face as a robust football regulator whilst avoiding most of the above fallout?

To be fair our lack of success both pre & post Fergie is so damning to his argument, he kinda has no choice but to come up with some absolutely outrageous drivel to pretend that it was United’s unfair size/finances rather than a genius manager that made us successful.

How can anyone dispute that lots of none oil funded teams would’ve wiped the floor with post Fergie United considering Leicester fecking City managed it, we’ve finished 7th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 2nd, 6th, 3rd, 2nd, 6th :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

Wenger an equal manager to Fergie ?

Have we gone back to 2004? Surely anyone that used to think that now sees it's a ridiculous view.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
To be fair our lack of success both pre & post Fergie is so damning to his argument, he kinda has no choice but to come up with some absolutely outrageous drivel to pretend that it was United’s unfair size/finances rather than a genius manager that made us successful.

How can anyone dispute that lots of none oil funded teams would’ve wiped the floor with post Fergie United considering Leicester fecking City managed it, we’ve finished 7th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 2nd, 6th, 3rd, 2nd, 6th :lol:
Yeah, it's not like SAF walked into club that was a winning machine, we were a club that didn't win league title for 20 years, he was the one who transformed the club.

Man was a genius, absolute genius.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I guess neither of us can prove our points. We don’t know what would’ve happened under different circumstances. To me, Wenger was a genius, (and an equal manager to Fergie) who could break the pattern for a while, but in the end Utd’s superior finances held sway, a bit like Dortmund/Bayern in the Bundesliga. Without the oil clubs I think we’d be having a Bayern Munich style dominance from Utd, even now. But as I say at the beginning of this there are lots of hypotheticals which are impossible to prove or disprove.
:lol: at the Arsene posit.

Oranges038

I guess neither of us can prove our points. We don’t know what would’ve happened under different circumstances. To me, Wenger was a genius, (and an equal manager to Fergie) who could break the pattern for a while, but in the end Utd’s superior finances held sway, a bit like Dortmund/Bayern in the Bundesliga. Without the oil clubs I think we’d be having a Bayern Munich style dominance from Utd, even now. But as I say at the beginning of this there are lots of hypotheticals which are impossible to prove or disprove.
Without the oil clubs Arsenal and Liverpool would have had even more chances in the transfer market to pick up players. Both lost key players to the oil clubs. There probably would have been more competition to Utd.

After his initial success. Wenger won his last PL title in 03/04. Won the FA cup the following year, got a Cl final and went nearly 10 years without a trophy before rounding it off with a couple of FA cups. Now we know they tailed off in terms of how much they could spend after moving to the new stadium, Wenger also changed his playing style but never really the people around him, Pat Rice was there from day 1. But still they could have done better in that period.

But, in that timeframe Fergie won several leagues, cups, got to 3 CL finals and had the beating of two oil clubs along the way and retired. His dominance was never built on having the most finances available. He was able to adpat and change and was just a better manager than Wenger.

RedRocket9908

Yeah, it's not like SAF walked into club that was a winning machine, we were a club that didn't win league title for 20 years, he was the one who transformed the club.

Man was a genius, absolute genius.
We actually finished 2nd only 9 points behind Liverpool and 9 points clear of Cloughies Forest who were 3rd in Sir Alex's first full season which is quite an impressive turn around when you look how poor we were the previous season.

InfiniteBoredom

The argument that Utd’s finance was the decisive factor in Fergie’s successes kinda falls apart when you consider the fact that Utd didn’t even topped the net spend table throughout the 90s-early 00s, when we were most dominant.

RedRocket9908

If they are the best fans in the world and are going to show their support tomorrow why are there still thousands of tickets available for tomorrows game on their website?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Why fight when you can easily cooperate and prove innocence, to end up getting off on technicalities ? Makes zero sense
I have zero idea but I ain't part of the legal team. I can understand with UEFA cause stuff was being leaked, no idea why were uncooperative here

padr81

Supports
Man City
They aren't legit though. That's why there's emails of your execs being caught red handed.
That's not the discussion though it's proved legit that's the key and we've already seen one of those "dead to rights" emails annihilated by cities legal team.
There's a big difference between thinking something is dead to rights and proving it

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why fight when you can easily cooperate and prove innocence, to end up getting off on technicalities ? Makes zero sense
Going to take some magic to get off on "technicalities" for >100 charges.

There's not even a doubt they'll get found guilty of a lot of them.
The only debate is how long this is going to take, and eventual punishment.

Pep will most likely be long gone before it's judged on for one.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I have zero idea but I ain't part of the legal team. I can understand with UEFA cause stuff was being leaked, no idea why were uncooperative here
It makes no sense does it. Emails out of context ? Provide the whole lot that gives the context (I can’t think of any context that would clear those emails but what do I know)
Just because we said it...doesn’t mean we did it. Superb, show the proof that it didn’t happen. Will be simple to do. Your sponsorship deals are all legit...not that hard to prove.

Honestly I get fan bias etc but I’m really struggling with how the majority of your fanbase seem to believe it’s the league that is corrupt and not your owners.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's not the discussion though it's proved legit that's the key and we've already seen one of those "dead to rights" emails annihilated by cities legal team.
There's a big difference between thinking something is dead to rights and proving it
It's going to take a lot for you to admit wrong has been done isn't it?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It makes no sense does it. Emails out of context ? Provide the whole lot that gives the context (I can’t think of any context that would clear those emails but what do I know)
Just because we said it...doesn’t mean we did it. Superb, show the proof that it didn’t happen. Will be simple to do. Your sponsorship deals are all legit...not that hard to prove.

Honestly I get fan bias etc but I’m really struggling with how the majority of your fanbase seem to believe it’s the league that is corrupt and not your owners.
My Chelsea mate thinks the league are corrupt against his team.

Every fanbase has those who think they're harshly dealt with.

padr81

Supports
Man City

So am I. I don't see how anyone can presume were innocent here. Believe we can get away with it possibly but as I've said before verdicts and truth are not always the same

Personally I believe both are corrupt but with the pl it's not anti-city corruption or any city witch hunt, it's that their books wouldn't hold up to the same scrutiny.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It's going to take a lot for you to admit wrong has been done isn't it?
If you read even 1/10th of my posts in this thread, you'd know that's not even close and the opposite is true.

Weird take if you're been following the thread

padr81

Supports
Man City
Does anyone know what the burden of proof is for the 3-person tribunal? For a criminal case I believe it is “beyond reasonable doubt”, which can be difficult to prove, but for some civil cases it is “on the balance of probabilities”. If it is the latter I think City are screwed.
Could be but with cas they said "comfortably satisfied" whatever that means.

Kylar Stern

The thing is, it will probably come down to having to prove the validity of what was in those emails, and thats most likely why the PL is so confident.

Its one thing CFG standing up in court and denying the whole thing, but its quite another to expect the sponsors involved to do the same and effectively lie about committing large scale fraud over their accounting and revenue and risk everything that goes along with that.

Thats the road that CFG are going down if this does end up in a court challenge, and it takes one sponsor to break ranks and they are done. Its highly likely all parties involved outside of CFG themselves cooperate to save themselves and the truth comes out either way.

TheReligion

Abusive
Agree to disagree. I think Fergie was an example of an excellent manager working under excellent conditions. Wenger was an excellent manager working under less than excellent conditions.
I mean you’re entitled to your opinion on this but I think you’ll be in a very small minority in world football.

I think you’re wumming somewhat lately, not sure why, so I’m not going to get in to the finer points. That said Sir Alex built several unstoppable teams all of which were built on the foundation of youth. To try and suggest he’s some kind of chequebook manager is completely ridiculous.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
If you read even 1/10th of my posts in this thread, you'd know that's not even close and the opposite is true.

Weird take if you're been following the thread
I have been following the thread and you seem to be jumping from one position to another constantly.
Is there 2 of you fighting over the computer? :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
The thing is, it will probably come down to having to prove the validity of what was in those emails, and thats most likely why the PL is so confident.

Its one thing CFG standing up in court and denying the whole thing, but its quite another to expect the sponsors involved to do the same and effectively lie about committing large scale fraud over their accounting and revenue and risk everything that goes along with that.

Thats the road that CFG are going down if this does end up in a court challenge, and it takes one sponsor to break ranks and they are done. Its highly likely all parties involved outside of CFG themselves cooperate to save themselves and the truth comes out either way.
You think those Abu Dhabi companies are gonna break rank with the hand that feeds them? City have already beaten one of those emails, its not nearly as clear cut as people think even though I (an actual City fan) beileve we're guilty.
It will all depend on how City deal with those for sure though.

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
I have been following the thread and you seem to be jumping from one position to another constantly.
Is there 2 of you fighting over the computer? :lol:
I'm actually not if you read. Its not even hard to follow.

My belief - Guilty and should be punished accordingly.
But - The smoking gun people think the PL have found is not nearly as clear cut as they think and a verdict of guilty is not guaranteed.
Its gonna be alot harder than people think here. Thats why it was a 4 year investigation.

Not rocket science or anything.

GwynnieJ

Maybe you could start by comparing Fergusons Aberdeen winning European trophies against Madrid against Wenger winning the Emperors cup against the mighty Sanfrecce Hiroshima. :smirk:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is that what you're clinging to? Good luck to you.

mshnsh

So much nonsense. I don't know where to start.

Kylar Stern

You think those Abu Dhabi companies are gonna break rank with the hand that feeds them? City have already beaten one of those emails, its not nearly as clear cut as people think even though I (an actual City fan) beileve we're guilty.
It will all depend on how City deal with those for sure though.
Well… yes? Its one thing to stay quiet and let CFG do all the talking but if this does end up in the court system the companies named on the documents will definitely be called upon to give evidence - I wouldnt be confident that every single one of them will be willing to lie about any shady dealings had they taken place. The potential repercussions of that would be catastrophic to a business and would end up in all kinds of legal trouble.

Thats also assuming they all actually exist too, I understand there are question marks there based on some of the things that were uncovered last year…

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Maybe you could start by comparing Fergusons Aberdeen winning European trophies against Madrid against Wenger winning the Emperors cup against the mighty Sanfrecce Hiroshima. :smirk:
That was an incredible achievement and no one could take away from that, and I wasn’t trying to. I’m genuinely not sure if you put Ferguson in charge of Arsenal in 1995 or 96 though, whenever it was, that he’d have done what Wenger did.

It’s hardly offensive to name one manager over a 20 year period who I think matched him though! Out of about 300 managers..

Djemba-Djemba

That was an incredible achievement and no one could take away from that, and I wasn’t trying to. I’m genuinely not sure if you put Ferguson in charge of Arsenal in 1995 or 96 though, whenever it was, that he’d have done what Wenger did.

It’s hardly offensive to name one manager over a 20 year period who I think matched him though! Out of about 300 managers..
:lol:

But you think Wenger in charge of Utd in 1986 would do what Fergie did yeah?

The Fergie or Wenger debate was a legitimate argument up until about 2008 but it's madness to be doing it now we know what happened after that.

Tarrou

I'm struggling to think of a reason why Fergie wouldn't have done much better than Wenger

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm actually not if you read. Its not even hard to follow.

My belief - Guilty and should be punished accordingly.
That's your head.

But - The smoking gun people think the PL have found is not nearly as clear cut as they think and a verdict of guilty is not guaranteed.
Its gonna be alot harder than people think here. Thats why it was a 4 year investigation.

Not rocket science or anything.
That's your heart. And it's winning control over you, understandably.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Shameless club and manager. Back when they hired him people thought Pep befitted a greater and more iconic football club which wasn’t being funded by a shitstain regime and a blank cheque. But nah, Pep and his pretentiousness and need for being the favourite, is actually the perfect face for his current club of cheats.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: That’s some funny shit right there

Cantonagotmehere

Shameless club and manager. Back when they hired him people thought Pep befitted a greater and more iconic football club which wasn’t being funded by a shitstain regime and a blank cheque. But nah, Pep and his pretentiousness and need for being the favourite, is actually the perfect face for his current club of cheats.
This, he has to be losing respect more and more from then neutral football lover.