CL 19/20 Group Stages: Week 6 (Last Round)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Can understand why some Liverpool fans are nervous about this game, they have lost 4 of their 5 last away group games in the champions league and are up against a side that are full of goals and could easily have drawn in Anfield.

Liverpool will have only themselves to blame if they don't get out of this group. Dropping 5 points against a 7th place Italian team is why they find themselves in this situation. Salzburg are poor defensively which should help Liverpool get a least a draw out of this game but wouldn't it be some interest if next year we have a Liverpool v Man United Europa league tie..
Remember how much attention the EL got in 15/16 because of that tie between us?

Obviously I'm hoping we get the job done but I'm annoyed that we've put ourselves in this position. The goal we conceded against Napoli was rubbish from a defensive point of view as well.

We have to treat it like any away tie in Europe. We score one they need two etc.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Oddly enough I think this is Pool's biggest obstacle on the way to the final. They'll blow most teams out of the water at Anfield. No opponent will have such a good starting point (4-3 loss at Anfield) as Salzburg do here.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Nervous about tonight. I'd rather finish bottom of the group than 3rd with our current league position. Obviously getting through to the last 16 is preferable but I wish there was no Europa League 'consolation'. All or nothing tonight... someone should make a documentary about all or nothing football

Paul_Scholes18

Nervous about tonight. I'd rather finish bottom of the group than 3rd with our current league position. Obviously getting through to the last 16 is preferable but I wish there was no Europa League 'consolation'. All or nothing tonight... someone should make a documentary about all or nothing football
Why would you not want to play in europa over nothing? You can rotate the team anyway and also have won the league soon anyway.
It is crazy to me to want to be knocked out of tournaments early to avoid having many games. Play your C team against us then and we are good though :).

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Some exciting players there for both sides. Happy to see Hwang, Mino and Haaland starting together. Now Klopp knows more about their strengths, and weaknesses.

Salsburg guaranteed to score, probably a minimum of two goals I reckon.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Some exciting players there for both sides. Happy to see Hwang, Mino and Haaland starting together. Now Klopp knows more about their strengths, and weaknesses.

Salsburg guaranteed to score, probably a minimum of two goals I reckon.
They're also undefeated in the Austrian league. They sit at the top with 13 wins and four draws. They've scored 64 goals in 17 league games as well. A very good side.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Why would you not want to play in europa over nothing? You can rotate the team anyway and also have won the league soon anyway.
It is crazy to me to want to be knocked out of tournaments early to avoid having many games. Play your C team against us then and we are good though :).
Try 30 years without a league title and see how you'd feel ;)
I loved our Europa League campaign in 2016 but if winning the league is risked by a Thurs-Sun schedule for a few weeks, then I'd rather drop to one match a week

always_hoping

Remember how much attention the EL got in 15/16 because of that tie between us?

Obviously I'm hoping we get the job done but I'm annoyed that we've put ourselves in this position. The goal we conceded against Napoli was rubbish from a defensive point of view as well.

We have to treat it like any away tie in Europe. We score one they need two etc.
I remember it well and attended the home leg.

A full strength side named. Klopp not taking any risks there, can't blame him when you consider that CL away record.

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
Almost 4 goals per game. They are really good side, but what about the league they're in?

Well, I guess I'll know today. I'm not really extremely confident about this game, but I don't think we'll lose. We just need our defense to be really sharp. We have been leaking too many goals, and if we let them, they'll score LOADS of them.

Dve

The Liverpool players looking nervous in the tunnel, while Haaland is laughing and rubbing his hands like he´s just about to digest a better meal.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Looking forward to watching Minamino-Hee Chee-Haaland

especially Minamino.... just for the great name

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Whats the general feeling in Austria and Germany about a side getting bought out and renamed into an Energy Drink? Can't imagine it would go down well.
Must be the same as a club being bought out by a Russian crook I guess

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
These lot are so good. Wow! Im impressed.

PoTMS

We should be after a few of these Salzburg lads. Not just Haaland but Hwang and Szoboszlai also.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Whats the general feeling in Austria and Germany about a side getting bought out and renamed into an Energy Drink? Can't imagine it would go down well.
Biggest issue in germany is they blatantly broke the 50+1 rule

Fans of Leipzig are pretty happy with them though afaik

As to austria, a good portion of salzburg's fans went and founded a new club after the takeover. The others were mostly happy and grateful to have a good team thanks to RB