CL 19/20 Group Stages: Week 6 (Last Round)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Kane so often plays ridiculously deep these days.

I get he wants to see the ball and start attacks, but jeeze you're our best finisher, get in the box!

Big part of why his goal scoring record has dropped off a bit for me.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Kane so often plays ridiculously deep these days.

I get he wants to see the ball and start attacks, but jeeze you're our best finisher, get in the box!

Big part of why his goal scoring record has dropped off a bit for me.
I was just thinking the same thing, these days he seems to be on the periphery of games all the time now whereas a couple of years ago he was such a presence in games. Consequence of the injuries?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I was just thinking the same thing, these days he seems to be on the periphery of games all the time now whereas a couple of years ago he was such a presence in games. Consequence of the injuries?
I really don't think so. In some games for England (and even for us) he's pressing from the front and looking sharp as hell. It's either a tactical or personal choice to see more of the ball so he drops deeper for me, but I'm not a fan of it and would prefer the creative role was left to other players, even though he's good at it.

I do think he could do with being rested more, but that just seems to not be allowed. Son gets rested today for example but Kane (who has played every game, including two for England) is still in the side.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Right back to where we've been most of the season - no tempo, predictable, sleepy performance thus far, after being brilliant against Palace.

Lots of players rested in fairness and it's early days but a lot of players just don't seem to be alert.

AJ10

Fellaini would have been proud of that chest pass, should of scored.

AshRK

Is it just me or Spurs football style regresses over past year. They look a lot pragmatic nowadays and many times look clueless in attack. Is there any particular reason for that.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Is it just me or Spurs football style regresses over past year. They look a lot pragmatic nowadays and many times look clueless in attack. Is there any particular reason for that.
They weren't good to watch last season either.

Guy Incognito

They peaked in 15/16. 'Arry's football was easier on the eye but they were flaky.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
They peaked as a team a few years ago, it's a squad in desperate need of ripping up and starting again like Fergie used to do

AshRK

They weren't good to watch last season either.
I agree with that. They were boring to watch last season and hardly looked like a team who were great playing attacking football.
They peaked in 15/16. 'Arry's football was easier on the eye but they were flaky.
I thought they were decent even in 16-17 season and had some decent moments even in 17-18 but last season I never understood what their style of play was. In fact the most effective they looked when they lumped the ball to Llorente.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Well, it was understandable because they had Pavard, Hernandez, Sule and Boateng as their four CB's. But now Pavard is playing RB, which means that that they will only have Sule, Boateng (who they've tried to get rid off for 2 years) and Hernandez (who is also the backup LB) as center backs. That's a lot of workload for Pavard and Hernandez.
They should've atleast signed one more CB because both Pavard and Hernandez are backup full backs.
I agree with your opinion at your most posts but here i must say

- That Kimmich would play sooner or later in midfield for Bayern Munich too was pretty clear after his comments in the last months therefore it was clear Pavard would play as main RB
- Like you have said the club were open to sell Boateng for various reasons
- Hernandez can't play every 3-4 days after his injury
- They don't trust their Mai
- In my opinion Hummels is still better than Süle

so i can see Martinez as CB against Barca/Real Madrid/Manchester City/Liverpool/Juventus/PSG in the quarter-final -> They are going out -> Then they are crying again that they have only lost because of injuries.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
More on the line, more pressure, more drama, more credibility, more entertaining. If not one of the aforementioned then I hope United face Sporting as I respect the way the academy is deeply ingrained. Also the fact that Oceana Cruz, Hilario, Patricio, Ronaldo and Peyroteo have played for them makes me like the club. United definitely have a chance and to bring this back to topic, I was impressed Barcelona were able to salvage a draw against Dortmund. Prior to the game I thought it would be a comfortable win by Dortmund with a 3 goal margin or so. Suarez has scored 2 goals in his last 20 UCL appearances, and I'm not convinced Busquets and De Jong can play [to the best of their ability] at the same time. Not to mention how passive Barca have become. I can see them comfortably winning La Liga and getting exposed in Europe once again
Ah okay thanks for the long post :)

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Yep - a cold Europa night in Uzbekistan would be a joy to behold.
:lol: they are in Asia.

But another thing my dictatorship will ensure is that trips to Eastern Europe are expected in all European competitions.

I thought pragmatic was good.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
2-0 up away from home without having played that well .. can't argue with that!

:lol: at the commentator who said the Lucas goal was unsaveable.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Olympiakos deserve that. We've been sloppy and lucky to be 2 goals up.

Moments of quality may well see us through this game, but performances like this are far too regular for me, where we appear to just be going through the motions.