CL 19/20 Group Stages: Week 6 (Last Round)

dbs235

Well worked by Olympiakos! Good finish.

Podence looks a good little player.
One for the "weird feelings of football" thread - Olympiakos always have a player or two like that that I've never heard of who look class at home to English teams - usually Arsenal. Presumably they're not actually that good in reality.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Eriksen sadly continuing his awful form into the new season.
Doesn't really look arsed, does he?

Sooner Lo Celso comes back and adapts to the side the better. Can't be dealing with Eriksen meandering about not having any impact on games. It was always an issue with him that sometimes games would pass him by, but now it's the case every single match.

But you'll still hear about how he's our most important player etc etc .. feck off, these days half the time he does nothing.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Doesn't really look arsed, does he?

Sooner Lo Celso comes back and adapts to the side the better. Can't be dealing with Eriksen meandering about not having any impact on games. It was always an issue with him that sometimes games would pass him by, but now it's the case every single match.

But you'll still hear about how he's our most important player etc etc .. feck off, these days half the time he does nothing.
Yeah he really does look like a guy who's heart just isn't in it.

AJ10

How the feck did that rat think he wasn't off, only indication was the defender in front who wasn't ahead of him.

Nice ball by Eriksen.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm guessing all the English clubs are more interested in the Europa this season?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Eriksen blatantly doesn't want To be at Spurs anymore

AshRK

Eriksen blatantly doesn't want To be at Spurs anymore
I don't understand why Levy is playing hard ball in not letting him leave. Would have been a perfect time to let him go. I seriously hope we stay away from him. Yes he will improve our side but not sure if he can reproduce his old form.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Olympiakos have played really well, surprisingly.
Is it that surprising? At home they have often been nasty to play against, for example beating Milan 3:1 last year, drawing Barca the year before and beating both Juve and Atletico a couple of years ago.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Exactly the same as the Arsenal game. Leading 2-0, concede on the stroke of HT and then the other team equalise in the second half.

This team doesn't learn, nothing seems to change.

charlenefan

I don't understand why Levy is playing hard ball in not letting him leave. Would have been a perfect time to let him go. I seriously hope we stay away from him. Yes he will improve our side but not sure if he can reproduce his old form.
Yep on this form he'd have Sanchez written all over him

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yep on this form he'd have Sanchez written all over him
He doesn't. He's 27 ffs.

He will go and be very productive for whoever he signs for. The only reason he's putting in these performances is because his head is elsewhere and he's not being professional ala Toby.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
To blame only Eriksen for that situation is pretty unfair.
It's absolutely fair. He's been offered about a million huge contracts. Nobody came in for him in the summer, aside from maybe United but potentially he rejected that.

He's purposefully ran his contract down at the club. Fine. But if that's the way he wants to go then whenever possible I'd rather not see him in a Spurs shirt.

charlenefan

He doesn't. He's 27 ffs.

He will go and be very productive for whoever he signs for. The only reason he's putting in these performances is because his head is elsewhere and he's not being professional ala Toby.
Sanchez was 28 when we signed him

AJ10

Is it that surprising? At home they have often been nasty to play against, for example beating Milan 3:1 last year, drawing Barca the year before and beating both Juve and Atletico a couple of years ago.
Well yes since the last time I watched them, they were crap. Not talking about the results but their general play.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
It's absolutely fair. He's been offered about a million huge contracts. Nobody came in for him in the summer, aside from maybe United but potentially he rejected that.

He's purposefully ran his contract down at the club. Fine. But if that's the way he wants to go then whenever possible I'd rather not see him in a Spurs shirt.
But more players of his category/price-level will do that in the future......i can see that Pogba will do that.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Sanchez was 28 when we signed him
Sanchez is a player who relied a lot on bursts of acceleration which seems to have disappeared.

Eriksen is a playmaker .. there's no reason the same player wouldn't be there. He was very productive last season, it's only since all the contract talk his head has dropped.

Most players at 27/28 aren't declining, just because Sanchez failed doesn't mean others would. That should be your prime age.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

Huge by Spurs standards maybe. He could be earning a hell of a lot more elsewhere.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
But more players of his category/price-level will do that in the future......i can see that Pogba will do that.
They're welcome to. But I'd prefer not to see him playing this season if that's the way he wants to go about it.