CL 19/20 Group Stages: Week 6 (Last Round)

Wayne's World

That game reminded me of our game with Roma in 2007, literally everytime we took a shot it went in and that felt the same for Bayern tonight :lol::lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It's done, dusted. A team full of of top internationals doesn't concede 7 at home if the manager has any clue in terms of the setup or the players still believe in him.

A collapse in every sense of the word, and there's no coming back from it. It's so fecking sad it had to end this way with Poch.
Every coach has cycle in one club. His cycle ended last year with CL final. Time to move on. For him and Spurs

acnumber9

"you don't build a magnificent new stadium like this to be pumped 7-2"

Thanks Jermaine for those words of wisdom
I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that Jermaine Jenas is GlastonSpur. Similar levels of delusion and nauseating bias.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What the hell is going on mate? Just seen the score and I'm in shock. Have the players stopped playing for Poch? This just feels major to me.
Freak result. I mean, bayern were better on the whole deservedly won but look at the quality of the goals by kimmich, lewa and gnabry(the second and last ones). Aurier can't defend to save his life and gnabry went to town on him all night long, and of course spurs mentally gave up after the 5-2, but still. On another night they lose 3-1 and it looks much less appalling

TheReligion

Abusive
It's done, dusted. A team full of of top internationals doesn't concede 7 at home if the manager has any clue in terms of the setup or the players still believe in him.

A collapse in every sense of the word, and there's no coming back from it. It's so fecking sad it had to end this way with Poch.
What exactly has caused this loss in motivation to play for him though? To the casual watcher like me it seems sudden although for such a change surely it's more deep rooted..

It seems toxic but after last season you should should all be buzzing.

Bole Top

2-0, Foden. still, decent result since vast majority were expecting slaughter.

Schneckerl

What a weird game. Bayern didnt even dominate them that much, just had near perfect finishing.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Seriously Bayern look very good. Let's hire their coach. Just their whole play was great to watch.
:lol:
While I'm pretty sure you're joking, I'd still like to emphasize that nothing we have played this season so far has pointed to something remotely like this. I tend to ascribe much of this to Tottenham's current bad shape, and will reserve any final judgement for when we meet an in-form opponent in the CL.

TheReligion

Abusive
Freak result. I mean, bayern were better on the whole deservedly won but look at the quality of the goals by kimmich, lewa and gnabry(the second and last ones). Aurier can't defend to save his life and gnabry went to town on him all night long, and of course spurs mentally gave up after the 5-2, but still. On another night they lose 3-1 and it looks much less appalling
Nah there's huge issues at Spurs pal. Undeniable. This just doesn't happen the easily. It was nearly 8 moments ago.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Good performance by Atletico, granted not world class opposition. Still hard to win away in Moscow.

Seeing some progress I think.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Wouldn't you say that this is the first time Poch and Spurs have struggled since their "ascension" in the PL and Europe? I would give him the benefit of the doubt and allow him to stay and work it out or leave on his terms. He himself said there are divisions in the squad and he has probably shared it with Levy...but Levy didn't offload players and now it's rotting the players.
Seven goals conceded. At home. Seven.

And Levy not selling a couple of players doesn't cause a result like this. A squad which has completely lost all confidence or faith in a manager does.

acnumber9

What exactly has caused this loss in motivation to play for him though? To the casual watcher like me it seems sudden although for such a change surely it's more deep rooted..

Spurs performances have been terrible for well over a year now. It’s just starting to catch up with them.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
The funny thing is that if anyone watched the game, Spurs would have been 4-0 up in the first few minutes. Pochettino should not waste his time at Spurs. Make an agreement with Woodward, down tools at Spurs and help United get champions league so next season he can come take us back on top of Europe.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

The signs were there in the City match, all over the place defensively and no control in the match. It's been like that all season and the players don't look motivated to me. Looks like they aren't playing for the manager and he isn't helping with some frankly insane tactical decisions. It's upsetting but I now want Poch out even though I really like and respect him for all he has done but it's time to go it really is.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
We will 100% miss out on CL money if he doesn't sack him soon.

And I don't see Madrid paying a huge fee for Pochettino with what is going on here. Hanging on to him purely for money would be a disgraceful move given the current state of the team.

He needs to act in the interests of the squad, and this result is completely unacceptable. Conceding 7 at home to a Bayern side who are nowhere near their pomp is a total joke.
Levy messed up by refusing to sell the players who wanted to leave for a reasonable price, and will probably end up leaving for free/vastly reduced fees. He didn't act in the interests of the squad then and don't think he will now.

redshaw

Bayern do look powerful again even though Spurs have some problems.