CL 19/20 Group Stages: Week 6 (Last Round)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Have to say, if i'm in charge of a midtable club at one of the top 4 leagues and i'm looking for a coach, i'm hiring Slavia's manager tonight

His players are, frankly, a bunch of farmers. And he has them playing inter, dortmund and barcelona even. He's not just outcoached Conte, Favre and Valverde, he's gone back in time, banged their moms then came back and waited for them with a "I'm your daddy!" sign

fps

Not to mention how Griezmann is struggling to adapt as well :lol:

early days for him yet though.
He’s not a destroyer which Barca’s front three tend to be, a player who can do it all on his own.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Griezmann is too similar to Messi and they don't really have the optimal players to make them co-exist

Also Valverde

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Not to mention how Griezmann is struggling to adapt as well :lol:

early days for him yet though.
He's been played out of position all season, it is insane that he's always forced to play on the left wing instead of central.

Even when Suarez doesn't play Griezmann is still stuck out wide. Insane.

wr8_utd

:'(
Some of Messis's touches, passes and dribbles have been exquisite. Him and Vidal aside though, absolutely everyone else was shocking.
As much as I dislike Suarez and think he's past it, Griezmann was even worse when played up top today.
Valverde will be gone very soon.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
They heavily missed Luis Suarez. He gives their attack a lot of different options especially when Messi is playing and they don't have anyone to replace that.

fps

Some of Messis's touches, passes and dribbles have been exquisite. Him and Vidal aside though, absolutely everyone else was shocking.
As much as I dislike Suarez and think he's past it, Griezmann was even worse when played up top today.
Valverde will be gone very soon.
Agree, although de jong gets a pass as he is young and actually was pretty damn good and stepped up near the end to try and force the issue.

wr8_utd

Dembele may have had some hamstring issues (yet again) but if he can't sort out his touch, intelligence and passes in a game like this also, he's done.
Ansu Fati showed smarter touches and almost set up two goals in the time he was on.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Slavia were absolutely outstanding in the two games against Barca. Very good performances. Much credit to them and the manager!

wr8_utd

For all of Suarez's faults, he atleast is a presence in the box and a good finisher in there. Griezmann, even if he got only half hour centrally, was absolutely woeful. If he plays there at the weekend, he's going to have to massively improve or he's back to the bench when Suarez returns.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Genk could be eliminated tonight if results go against them. I think a Napoli/Liverpool win tonight knocks them out.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Watching Barcelona shift further and further away from 'the methodology, has been interesting to watch. At one point you had 5 players in a single line

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I know :lol:

Any chance they’ll fire Valverde after this 0-0?
:lol: I can only pray

After Liverpool he should've been gone, absolutely staggering he was able to continue. The players get tired so easily and have zero work rate it makes you wonder if they even do conditioning in training.

I have a terrible feeling he sees the year out and they get Koeman after the Euros.

Would love to get the Ajax coach instead though.

AshRK

Watching Barcelona shift further and further away from 'the methodology, has been interesting to watch. At one point you had 5 players in a single line
The methodology was prime Messi, Xavi and Iniesta and now Messi is not the same Messi (Still better than most) and there are no Xavi or Iniesta to bail them out. They also have been spending big amounts but are flattering to deceive. Would be interesting to see what happens once Messi leaves.

wr8_utd

Laturo scores again. Inter lead
Looks like Inter and Barca will make it from this group.