CL/EL Semi Finals Draw | United draw Celta (away leg first)

saivet

CL:
Real Madrid v Juventus
Atlético Madrid v Monaco
Final: Juventus v Atlético
Do you not think that final would be boring? Me personally, that's the last final I'd want.

I want to see Juve - Real Madrid actually, but think it would be great to see Monaco in there against one of the big boys. (Really I just don't like Atletico)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ajax in the semi and Celta in the final would be best case but let's be honest, we would be desperate to draw any of these if it was in the CL knockouts. No excuse for not winning it from here.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Is that Palmeri hosting the pre-show? If so then he is somehow even more annoying in real life than on twitter.

ZAGREB RED

This competition has the feeling of a stepping stone back to bigger and better things, the tension last night was incredible at times, United can beat any of the three teams left in it, no doubt, but whether they can hold their nerve and actually get the trophy in the cabinet is another question. I do think, though, that it's all about simply getting over the line and winning, no matter how it is achieved.
The boost from winning would be huge and the added bonus of CL football could provide the real impetus needed to go out and strengthen the squad in the summer and start competing with the big guns again next season.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
In one way I'm quite relaxed about the draw, as I see the matchups pretty even. Lyon perhaps the toughest but Ajax and Celta would be almost as difficult. Hope we get the second leg away.

Mani

CL:
Atlético Madrid - Juventus
Monaco -Real Madrid

Final - Monaco - Juventus

EL:
Ajax -Celta Vigo
Manchester United -Lyon

Final : Manchester United - Ajax

Ixion

After the slog of last night and are continued ability to not put teams away at OT I'm not very confident about this competition anymore. I was really hoping the Chelsea result would give us a massive lift.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
On paper Celta looks the weakest, don't know how they look on the pitch though.
Celta are a very strong side mentally. They often rise to the big occasions in big games. They walk into the Bernabeu or Camp Nou without any fear.

Opposite of United. Not gifted with as many good players, but stronger mentally.

Ban

Celta are a very strong side mentally. They often rise to the big occasions in big games. They walk into the Bernabeu or Camp Nou without any fear.

Opposite of United. Not gifted with as many good players, but stronger mentally.
So maybe one to avoid?

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I want Real to draw Juve in the semi-final. They are the only side that can beat them over two legs.

If Real make it into the final, they've basically won it. Juve and Atletico are proven chokers in CL finals and Monaco don't have enough experience at that level.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
So maybe one to avoid?
Ajax is clearly the weakest side of the three left.

Lyon and Celta are about equally difficult. Lyon is the better side on paper, but I can see them getting intimidated by United. Celta doesn't give a shite about who they play. Barca or Real don't even intimidate them.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
CL:
Juventus v Monaco
Real Madrid v Atlético Madrid

EL:
Lyon v Celta Vigo
Ajax v Manchester United

Would like that. Don't want another Real Madrid v Atletico CL final.
Agreed, this is what I want.

MrTon

Ajax is clearly the weakest side of the three left.

Lyon and Celta are about equally difficult. Lyon is the better side on paper, but I can see them getting intimidated by United. Celta doesn't give a shite about who they play. Barca or Real don't even intimidate them.
Ajax took 4 points from Celta in the Group stages and was the better team in both games, so no, I dont think Ajax is clearly the weakest side of the 4 semi finalists.
But yes on paper this is United's competition to lose, best team by a mile.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
After the slog of last night and are continued ability to not put teams away at OT I'm not very confident about this competition anymore. I was really hoping the Chelsea result would give us a massive lift.
If we had played the same formation/team as against Chelsea and the crowd had been as up for it as against Chelsea, but we didn't. Unfortunately for Ibra we might just have to go back to it, which I think will improve us as a team. Sick about the injuries.

Quizierda

On paper Celta looks the weakest, don't know how they look on the pitch though.
Problem with them is that they are save in La Liga (no danger of getting relegated but also no chance of reaching the European ranks) so they can clearly focus on EL - made 10 changes yesterday compared to their last game in La Liga. So they'll propably be the most rested ones since Ajax is still fighting for the title and Lyon needs to secure their place in Ligue 1.

Also they are kind of "game raisers" when it comes to matches against top sites - beat Real over two legs in the cup and won against Barca in La Liga. So I wouldn't underestimate them.

Think we would be best of with Ajax to be honest since they are also an attacking site, thus, we might won't have to run against a wall.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
When did they stop doing the QF and SF draws together?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We'll have Atletico v Real Madrid final again, won't we? Written in the stars.

Atletico v Juventus
Real Madrid v Monaco

In semis. In EL I think:

United v Lyon
Ajax v Celta

SirAnderson

We'll have Atletico v Real Madrid final again, won't we? Written in the stars.

Atletico v Juventus
Real Madrid v Monaco

In semis. In EL I think:

United v Lyon
Ajax v Celta
I like Juventus and Atletico also for semis. But want a Juve vs Real final.

Personally, I'd rather take Ajax in the semis and Lyon in the final. Especially since the Semis are squashed in heavy games with Arsenal and Spurs.