Claudio Bravo

padr81

Supports
Man City
Neuer, De Gea, Courtois, Handanovic, Buffon, Lloris are all clearly better than him imo. Maybe Cech too.

This is a massive overstatement. He did not have such an impact.
While I agree with your first post, I disagree with the second. He kept the ball moving and was a big part of us retaining possesion. With Hart in goal for example, the ball goes to him and gets lumped up field and back to you guys. When he went off the boil you we struggled with keeping the ball like we did when Stones and Otamendi didn't have the option. You guys could press from the front much easier and win the ball back. I'm worried about his start but early in the game he did exactly what he was supposed to and it showed in our overall shape and ball retention. I'd still much prefer DDG or Neuer though. The others are better keepers but Cech, Buffon and Courtois in particular would not suit our system. Out of the players we want for that position and those attainable Bravo was the best option.

He has to be stronger in the air though.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
No doubt he's a very good keeper and a mistake like that can always happen but he was also very lucky today......clear foul on Rooney in the box with a possible sent-off and Rashford or Martial instead of Ibrahimovic would have caused him more problems too.

Red1968

I always mistrust keepers with short sleeves.

He looked an absolute clown. Dropped an easy ball for Ibra to fire in, almost got in a right pickle to allow Ibra a second, a horrendous touch and then getting away with that studs up slide on Rooney!

Just for starters!
Ibra should have scored the 2nd. After Bravo's ill advised foray off the line. Ibra took an uncharacteristically wimpy shot almost like he thought the play had been whistled dead. I thought Bravo was horrendous today and looked really nervous. Previous United squads (90s, early 2000s) would have scored 4 or 5 on him today. He got really lucky.

prath92

De Gea made mistakes on his debut in the exact same fixture.
De gea was a 20 year old keeper who had little experience. Bravo is a veteran wining international tournaments and stuff.

De gea just needed guidance. Bravo can't grow 3 inches with guidance alone

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Never seen a player shit himself so much under fan pressure. He's supposed to be experienced as well. Shambolic performance.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Comparing it with Dave's debut is a bit senseless. Dave was 19(?) when he made his debut, Bravo is in his 30's, so dave could have improved physically(which he did) easily, Bravo needs to get stronger at this age, and would need to work 2 times of what DDG would have at gym to get as strong. Dave is 6'4'' Bravo is 6'0'' which gives Dave a clear advantage in aerial situations.
Clearly guys like Giroud, Carroll would love to play against him. And, most teams would try and put pressure on Bravo after seeing this performance

MDFC Manager

He's not going to be bullied. The one time he messed up the aerial ball, it was thanks to the stupidity of Stones.

We wasted too much of our efforts yesterday trying to get him to screw up again. But he didn't. It was really naive of us.

AlwaysRed66

What people aren't realising is he was one of the major reasons we dominated the first 40 minutes coming forward and giving Stones and Otamendi another passing option. He lost his head a bit after the clanger and was ropey afterwards but for those 40 minutes he showed exactly why we bought him and what he was bringing to the team. He needs to learn about the prem fast though. Bournemouth will pepper our box with high balls next week and he'll really have to step up.
Actually the reason you dominated the first 40 minutes was not because of Bravo but because your team was given so much time & space by the lethargic Man Utd team. In the 2nd half when Mourinho changed tactics & his players closed down all avenues of playing the ball out, Bravo had no option but to boot the ball down the pitch & his & city's control was gone. Everytime balls came in the area he was vulnerable & all over the place, & if Utd had been better attacking I expect more goals would have come. Also, despite Man Utd awful first half performance & your dominance, as well as numerous opportunities you only won by a goal, & if the referee had been doing a good job you would have been down a player, & we would have levelled the game, & you would have struggled.

I see comments from pundits & fans about how Bravo & Guardiola's policy of playing out from the back will gain far more than they lose, but as I pointed out above if teams play like Man Utd did, & they will, in the 2nd half closing down the options to pass out, then his whole passing policy is in disarray. Expect Bravo & City to be closed down quickly at the back in the Premiership for the foreseeable future. Interesting if Champions league opponents take note, & follow suit.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's not going to be bullied. The one time he messed up the aerial ball, it was thanks to the stupidity of Stones.

We wasted too much of our efforts yesterday trying to get him to screw up again. But he didn't. It was really naive of us.
No it was down to poor goalkeeping, those catches should be bread and butter for keepers of his class. And he did screw up again, twice more infact.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We restricted him far more intelligently in the second half, we allowed him to have the when it was played back to him and cut the angles for the short passes, he ended up going long far more than he wanted and when he did dally on it we pounced.

Moby

Dick
One of the big positives out of the game. Looking forward to seeing him being bombarded with crosses for the rest of the season.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What the hell is wrong with him :lol: ? I don't remember him being so shit and insecure when he was playing for Barca. Maybe not having top class defenders like Piqué and Mascherano is explaining his performances ?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Bravo looked like he forgot he didn't play for Barca anymore and didn't ask himself why Suarez was in defense...

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
When you're brought in specifically because of your ability to be good with the ball at your feet, it puts a lot of pressure on to find a teammate with every opportunity. Even when you should just be hoofing it to safety.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Bravo is a walking disaster. By now any manager would have had enough. I bet Joe is celebrating this "win" with some really rough breath-play bdsm with the wife - and that's good on him.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Going to swim against the stream. His performance up to that certain situation was top notch.

Then he lost the game on his own, of course...

prath92

Going to swim against the stream. His performance up to that certain situation was top notch.

Then he lost the game on his own, of course...
he was very weak for the first goal too. Not particularly great till then. At times he was living dangerously with his "ball playing"

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
he was very weak for the first goal too. Not particularly great till then. At times he was living dangerously with his "ball playing"
I know what you mean, but he knows exactly when and how Messi will shoot from years of training experience. He speculated on that trademark low corner shot, but Messi - being Messi - duped him.

I swear if he hadn't gone down, Messi would have placed exactly that sudden dry shot he speculated on in his bottom right corner.

You just can't win if Messi gets the ball handed on a plate 7 yards in front of your goal. It's worse than facing a penalty.

AlwaysRed66

Southampton know what to do at the weekend, or is Bravo banned for that match rather than the Champions league?

Every team has to press City & stop them playing out from the back, which will bring more glorious opportunities to them.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Southampton know what to do at the weekend, or is Bravo banned for that match rather than the Champions league?

Every team has to press City & stop them playing out from the back, which will bring more glorious opportunities to them.
He can play in the league.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was very good at Barcelona.

Not sure what's happened to him.
Valdes was good there as well

Bravo is dodgy but let's not pretend Hart isn't either, all Pep has done is replaced one with another with the other being able to play more akin to what he likes

Eddy_JukeZ

Valdes was good there as well

Bravo is dodgy but let's not pretend Hart isn't either, all Pep has done is replaced one with another with the other being able to play more akin to what he likes
Yeah, but Valdes did suffer an ACL tear if I recall. Bravo seems to have just declined out of nowhere and continues to commit brain farts.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Reminds me a bit of Barthez
It's what I expected to happen here. Small/nippy/agile goalkeepers age really badly. The big lads will always have their size, positioning and experience. Small keepers turn 30 and then, suddenly, they are shot. They make stupid mistakes because they can no longer respond as quickly as they used to.

bleedred

I honestly believe cabellero is better than both hart and bravo....based on what I have seen of him...