g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

I find it hard to hate, but my contempt for these parasites has me wishing things on them that would likely get me banned here if I mentioned them.

Can they seriously feck off already, makes it hard to look forward to the progress being made by ETH when we have the albatross of those rats around our necks.
They are indeed awful. Nobody really knows what is going to happen in the coming weeks/months, but rescuing the club from the clutches of the Glazer tentacles would undoubtedly be a moment for celebration (if it happens).

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
They are indeed awful. Nobody really knows what is going to happen in the coming weeks/months, but rescuing the club from the clutches of the Glazer tentacles would undoubtedly be a moment for celebration (if it happens).
Only if the alternative is better though surely?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Just to clear this up. The Glazers made Magnier/McManus an offer for their shares that they accepted. Which is how takeovers like this happen. Shareholders always have their price. Yes, there was a falling out with Fergie over a horse but it’s very naive to think that they would have turned down the opportunity to make a shit load of money on their investment if they were still pals with Fergie. Their main priority in everything they did was always feathering their own pockets. Even at the time it seemed implausible to claim that the Glazer takeover wouldn’t have happened without “horsegate” but over the decades since it’s been completely twisted.
I wonder if they feel a little peeved with themselves considering how much the Glazers are potentially walking away with now. $125M between the two of them isnt something to sneeze at but still...

Andy_Cole

Utd stock price has dropped 30% since February when positive news of the sale was released.

The offers on the table are even more significantly better than they looked a couple of weeks ago.

You can see what the markets think of the prospect of Glazers staying.
The market is the same as SkyBet on transfer news to be honest.

Blood Mage

Jackson hasn't been that reliable the last few years has he? I hope he's right though.

Yakuza_devils

Is money really that important for those Glazers bastards? They already have billions. Man Utd is estimated to have 600M fans and what's the point of having billions but become the most hated human beings on planet earth.

IRELANDUNITED

If the Glazers think that they are better off staying because the club will be worth closer to 10b by the end of the decade then surely they are aware the only way this will happen is if they invest heavily in the club, both on players and the stadium. So as much as I want the cun*s gone, if they do stay we can only assume they’ll invest hugely in the next few season. Because, if they continue to ruin the club the way they have been, it won’t be worth 1b never mind 10 by the end of the decade.

Yakuza_devils

If the Glazers think that they are better off staying because the club will be worth closer to 10b by the end of the decade then surely they are aware the only way this will happen is if they invest heavily in the club, both on players and the stadium. So as much as I want the cun*s gone, if they do stay we can only assume they’ll invest hugely in the next few season. Because, if they continue to ruin the club the way they have been, it won’t be worth 1b never mind 10 by the end of the decade.
Mate, their Dad bought us with record debts and had zero intention of investing in the club. Their main intention was to make the club pay for their debts and squeezed everything out of us and now is the time to sell for big profits.

What makes you think they will invest in the club now and where they get the money? These bastards are parasites.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
its still hard to believe the Glazers could go through such a lengthy and expensive (and i'm sure Raine's time is not a freebie) process not to sell. The Glazers were spending a lot of time in Qatar over the last year and i'm sure they are the bidder they really wanted involved in the process all along. To give the Qataris the 2 fingers at this stage would have long term implications for the Glazers , i think it would see a lot of doors slam shut on them in the Middle East.

Giggsyking

The Glazers are desperate. They did not put the club for sale for just getting sense of the market. They would not do it if they did not get into a very difficult place financially.

Siorac

Man Utd is estimated to have 600M fans
This is endlessly repeated on here but it's so clearly rubbish. That would mean 7.5% of the entire human population is a Manchester United fan. If half the total human population is a football fan, that means 15% of all football fans support Manchester United. Again, tremendously unlikely, considering there are at least three other big clubs with very similar reach and following, and a number of almost-as-big clubs.

Not to mention that assuming that half the global population is interested in football is almost definitely flat-out wrong: FIFA claims the last World Cup final, the most viewed event in football, was watched by 'almost' 1.5 billion people. That's a record. There's no reason to believe that there are vast numbers of people who are usually interested in football but didn't watch the World Cup final - I'm sure there were some but I'm also sure they were outnumbered by those who usually don't give a flying feck about the sport but still watched it because it's the effing World Cup final.

Yeah, it's not very important or relevant to the thread but come on. 1.5 billion people watch the World Cup final but there are 600 million Manchester United fans? No.

Giggsyking

This is endlessly repeated on here but it's so clearly rubbish. That would mean 7.5% of the entire human population is a Manchester United fan. If half the total human population is a football fan, that means 15% of all football fans support Manchester United. Again, tremendously unlikely, considering there are at least three other big clubs with very similar reach and following, and a number of almost-as-big clubs.

Not to mention that assuming that half the global population is interested in football is almost definitely flat-out wrong: FIFA claims the last World Cup final, the most viewed event in football, was watched by 'almost' 1.5 billion people. That's a record. There's no reason to believe that there are vast numbers of people who are usually interested in football but didn't watch the World Cup final - I'm sure there were some but I'm also sure they were outnumbered by those who usually don't give a flying feck about the sport but still watched it because it's the effing World Cup final.

Yeah, it's not very important or relevant to the thread but come on. 1.5 billion people watch the World Cup final but there are 600 million Manchester United fans? No.
You are forgetting that there are people who follows more than one club. Maybe the number is a bit inflated. But not that far from it.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Malcolm Glazer, not ‘the glazers’. The kids didn’t get involved until old Malc snuffed it! Just to clear this up. :D
Not true. Malcolm died in 2014 but his sons had been running the family business since at least the mid-2000s when Malcolm had his stroke, possibly even further back. I don't think Malcolm himself was ever involved in any way with United other than being the figurehead, and he never even made it to Old Trafford.

Siorac

You are forgetting that there are people who follows more than one club. Maybe the number is a bit inflated. But not that far from it.
But then how do you define 'fan'? I mean someone who follows multiple clubs on social media isn't a fan. I have a soft spot for Fiorentina because they have a beautiful name and play in purple like my hometown club. So I always check out their results. Am I a fan? Not really. When it comes to a Fiorentina takeover or if we're discussing the marketability of Fiorentina, I'm a non-entity. I have no idea, for example, who their owners are.

600 million is probably the number of people who can at least tell you that Manchester United are a football club in England and Beckham played for them at one time. The vast majority of that 600 million doesn't give a feck about the Glazers.

Yakuza_devils

https://ir.manutd.com/company-infor...-year heritage,1.1 BILLION FANS AND FOLLOWERS.

Make of it what you will

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If they're so confident of securing outside investment, then why are they going through a third round of bidding?

Why would the bidders even entertain a third round if the Glazers are so intent on staying? Wouldn't they just pull out and let the likes of Elliot and Carlyle fight it out? I'm not sure how it all works but if the Glazers were so against selling out right I'm sure the main bidders would have pulled out by now

Marcelinho87

If they're so confident of securing outside investment, then why are they going through a third round of bidding?

Why would the bidders even entertain a third round if the Glazers are so intent on staying? Wouldn't they just pull out and let the likes of Elliot and Carlyle fight it out? I'm not sure how it all works but if the Glazers were so against selling out right I'm sure the main bidders would have pulled out by now
Third round of bidding is where Carlyle and Elliot shone, who knows? It costs nothing for SJR and the Qatar bid to remain, why pull out... Just wait until told.

TheReligion

Abusive

Yep

Even more so with the brief today from Jackson RE Qatar

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This video has a crappy sound but its quite informative

Status
Not open for further replies.