Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
How are Malaga doing these days?
I think that was explained many many times. Abdullah bin Nasser bin Abdullah Al Ahmed Al Thani is worth 800m. He bought Malaga for less money then we spent on AWB. Its evident that it was his own money in the deal. United is different. Jassim does not afford United with his own money. Thus this is a state bid in all but name. The only club Qatar has ever won was PSG. Since they bought the club they won 9 out of their 11 titles. Meanwhile INEOS run Nice are 9th and have never made it to top 4 ever since Ratcliffe and Dave 'Lasso' Brailsford took over

Rojofiam

I admire all of you guys that don't want us to be bought by Qatar and argue with their ass-lickers every day. :lol:

I've lost the energy to do it myself.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I admire all of you guys that don't want us to be bought by Qatar and argue with their ass-lickers every day. :lol:

I've lost the energy to do it myself.
Well, given that Ratcliff is licking Glazer arses just so that he can buy the club, you might need a lot more energy to argue because pro SJR people seem to be fighting a losing battle.

ayushreddevil9

This would be a disaster spin it how you want.
What disaster? You don't care about the moral victory trophies we gonna win every year? We are gonna smash everyone out of the park with that while others continue to win meaningless trophies like epl, ucl etc.

Pickle85

What disaster? You don't care about the moral victory trophies we gonna win every year? We are gonna smash everyone out of the park with that while others continue to win meaningless trophies like epl, ucl etc.
For some people there are (quite rightly, I think) much more important issues at stake than winning trophies here.

ayushreddevil9

For some people there are (quite rightly, I think) much more important issues at stake than winning trophies here.
Then they should just accept mediocrity. There's no harm in that. I'm in the lot that doesn't want SJR. I would rather have these parasites in until we find better owners.

Rojofiam

The fact that you don't realize Manchester United should be sticking it to the state-funded clubs instead of joining them is just sad...and I won't go any further, it's just been a really disappointing reaction from the United fanbase these last few months.

ayushreddevil9

The fact that you don't realize Manchester United should be sticking it to the state-funded clubs instead of joining them is just sad...and I won't go any further, it's just been a really disappointing reaction from the United fanbase these last few months.
Alright.

devilish

Then in that case they should back the Glazers not selling. At least their money doesn't come from ruining the environment and backing the Tory Party.

Pickle85

Then they should just accept mediocrity. There's no harm in that. I'm in the lot that doesn't want SJR. I would rather have these parasites in until we find better owners.
If that's what it takes to keep the club from state ownership, I'm in.

dove

So those people who want Glazers out and are pro Ratcliffe, how does that work in the scenario where all 6 Glazers would stay? I mean, sure, obvious step is to try and convince yourself that Ratcliffe will fully buy out Glazers in the next couple of years so it's only temporary but for all we know he will get in bed with them and join forces leeching the club further. Scary.

Pickle85

Then in that case they should back the Glazers not selling. At least their money doesn't come from ruining the environment and backing the Tory Party.
Completely false equivalency. It's totally trainable to want the Glazers out but also to want another option other than state ownership.

The environmental thing is just a strawman brought up by people that want Qatar but want to feel justified in selling out. It's perfectly possible to simultaneously be critical of Ineos' environmental record while still seeing them as the lesser evil in this instance.

Pickle85

So those people who want Glazers out and are pro Ratcliffe, how does that work in the scenario where all 6 Glazers would stay? I mean, sure, obvious step is to try and convince yourself that Ratcliffe will fully buy out Glazers in the next couple of years so it's only temporary but for all we know he will get in bed with them and join forces leeching the club further. Scary.
I would personally rather the Glazers stayed than we became state owned. Hate what they've done to the club and would love to see them gone, but rather them than we become some state's plaything.

devilish

Completely false equivalency. It's totally trainable to want the Glazers out but also to want another option other than state ownership.

The environmental thing is just a strawman brought up by people that want Qatar but want to feel justified in selling out. It's perfectly possible to simultaneously be critical of Ineos' environmental record while still seeing them as the lesser evil in this instance.
This has nothing to do with Qatar.

Logic says that whoever wants the Glazers gone would want better owners to replace them (either financially or morally etc). From a football side of things Ratcliffe is not a better owner then the Glazers. The way INEOS managed Lausanne and Nice is horrendous at at least at par to what the Glazers did. Qatar represent a far better option then that. From a moral point of view INEOS is a major pollutant especially in Scotland. It also messes up into politics (Brexit and threatening to close its factory at Middlesbrough if the UK adopts higher anti pollutant standards) its immoral (its owner moved to Monaco for tax avoidance purposes) and has a knack to lie to everyone (it promised to build its 4x4 cars plant to Wales only to move it to France + it promised Nice and Lausanne alot and delivered very little).

Pickle85

This has nothing to do with Qatar.

Logic says that whoever wants the Glazers gone would want better owners to replace them (either financially or morally etc). From a football side of things Ratcliffe is not a better owner then the Glazers. The way INEOS managed Lausanne and Nice is horrendous at at least at par to what the Glazers did. Qatar represent a far better option then that. From a moral point of view INEOS is a major pollutant especially in Scotland. It also messes up into politics (Brexit and threatening to close its factory at Middlesbrough if the UK adopts higher anti pollutant standards) its immoral (its owner moved to Monaco for tax avoidance purposes) and has a knack to lie to everyone (it promised to build its 4x4 cars plant to Wales only to move it to France + it promised Nice and Lausanne alot and delivered very little).
There's nothing to suggest that INEOS would run united in the same way that they run Nice. The situations and the stakes are completely different. Also, you're talking as though the Glazers are moral paragons, which simply isn't the case.

I think that SJR would be a better owner than the Glazers, given their track record. State ownership is a red line for me, so I'll take SJR above either. You can bang on about INEOS' environmental record as much as you like but you're not getting that the objection is to state ownership.

IncyWincySpider

This is an enormous relief. I really don't think I would have been able to watch or follow the club anymore if we'd been bought by Qatar, that would have killed it off for me.

We can beat City without becoming City. We're better than them.

Giggsyking

So we get the idiots of Nice and Lausanne including cyclist Dave 'Lasso' Brailsford meddling on football matters while still keeping the Glazers for god knows hooww much time? Wow no wonder they want the season to end before they get this mess in the open.
It was obvious from the moment the British Glazer decided to offer a bid keeping som or all the American Glazers that his bid will win. I prepared myself for that since then, we will be another Nice swimming in mediocrity.

Pickle85

It was obvious from the moment the British Glazer decided to offer a bid keeping som or all the American Glazers that his bid will win. I prepared myself for that since then, we will be another Nice swimming in mediocrity.
Rather that than become yet another state plaything.

devilish

There's nothing to suggest that INEOS would run united in the same way that they run Nice.
Well the signs aren't good and let me explain why. At Lausanne the major culprit of the mess was Bob Ratcliffe. The guy was given power solely because he came from the same ball sack Jim came out from. When INEOs bought Nice they conceded that mistakes were made there and that they are ready to ratify them. Guess who was made president of Nice? Yep Bob. He was moved again btw this time as head of football

Not all. This summer mess was largely done due to an audit done by Dave Brailsford who for some strange reason SJR think that he understand football even though he has never worked in the industry (a bit like a real life Ted Lasso). The DOF was sacked, Moody was brought in to help and Nice was stocked by a transfer strategy of largely EPL washed up players that the manager didn't know about. Guess who came to visit OT alongside SJR? Yep Lass erm Brailsford.

But let's say we ignore all that. To use Howson's analogy would you trust your dog to someone whose got a history of animal abuse? I doubt it.

Quite frankly I respect INEOS far more then most pro SJR fans do. While they didn't spent alot of dosh there, I believe that they really tried to make their sport projects work (ex they built a 20k stadium at Lausanne). Its just that football isn't their thing. Very few people can be experts on everything. Its rare for someone to be an expert on one thing let alone many.

The situations and the stakes are completely different. Also, you're talking as though the Glazers are moral paragons, which simply isn't the case.

I think that SJR would be a better owner than the Glazers, given their track record. State ownership is a red line for me, so I'll take SJR above either. You can bang on about INEOS' environmental record as much as you like but you're not getting that the objection is to state ownership.
I never said that the Glazers are moral paragons but from a moral point of view they are better then INEOS. At least they don't ruin the environment the way INEOs does or back one of UK's biggest political mistakes in recent history out of pure greed only to flee the country for 'tax avoidance' purposes. I'd say football wise they are pretty much at the same level if not slightly better. At least they don't hire Darcy as CEO and order Mike Tyson to do audits about the club.

Last edited:

stw2022

At the moment Ratcliffe only seems like an upgrade on the Glazers due to this utterly ridiculous fantasy that it would mean we could spend Ineos's revenues on building a new stadium and buying players.

Ineos would, in this fairytale land, put servicing their own £8bn debt burden on hold in order to free us from ours.

There's no moral equivalent between ordinary business practices or even capitalism with all its ills and state funded persecution of gay people. But Jesus Christ the reality of life under Ratcliffe is going to be a real bad awakening for some people.

Last edited:

Giggsyking

Rather that than become yet another state plaything.
I respect your opinion, but I do not believe SJ represents the Qatari state. Also, I am a united fan, I will be here even if we drop to the national league. But it hurts to see the one thing that I hate most about the club (the Glazers) get a lifeline by a football failure that is the Nice owner to form a partnership.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
As time goes on I am encouraged by how many fans don’t want Qatar. I have seen and spoke to many people who couldn’t stomach it.

It is very obvious there’s a lot of people who are constantly online who don’t feel that way. However, a lot of them aren’t exactly die hards.

devilish

As time goes on I am encouraged by how many fans don’t want Qatar. I have seen and spoke to many people who couldn’t stomach it.

It is very obvious there’s a lot of people who are constantly online who don’t feel that way. However, a lot of them aren’t exactly die hards.
Ah the superior fan thing back again.

BarstoolProphet

History will not forget the irony of United fans absolutely ripping the fans of City and their club for being an oil money driven plastic club full of fake glory for years only for them to turn around, drop their pants and twerk for it at the first whiff of said money for themselves, Glazers being parasites or not.
I know you are trying to build up yourself here, but history has pretty much forgotten Liverpool fans doing that every time a takeover was in motion. Now they are being praised for taking a stand against oil money.

devilish

I respect your opinion, but I do not believe SJ represents the Qatari state. Also, I am a united fan, I will be here even if we drop to the national league. But it hurts to see the one thing that I hate most about the club (the Glazers) get a lifeline by a football failure that is the Nice owner to form a partnership.
At this point I am curious of how much backtracking the pro SJR fans are willing to do. They backtracked on debt and on kicking the Glazers out. There's no commitment on investing heavily in the club's stadium and of course INEOS track record means that there's hardly anything to ride home about how they manage clubs. Greenpeace accused them of sportswashing as well but that's ignored as well.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Ah the superior fan thing back again.
Devilish, since I’ve been on this forum you have:

A) made jokes about Fergie being so old he needs diapers changing
B) used nicknames like John O’Shit and Carsick to describe some of United’s players
C) claimed you are too smart to just sit and watch one game of football because your brain can’t just focus on a game and that’s why you have multiple screens on at once when United play.

You have insulted club legends, players and said you don’t even focus on the games when they’re on. In what world am I not a better fan than you?

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
The protests will continue next season unless the debt is cleared and the plans for redevelopment are made public. Buying Mount was obviously the Brexit fc, sir Jim and glazer choice. More of the same coming up I’d imagine.

devilish

Inappropriate Content

B) used nicknames like John O’Shit and Carsick to describe some of United’s players
C) claimed you are too smart to just sit and watch one game of football because your brain can’t just focus on a game and that’s why you have multiple screens on at once when United play.

You have insulted club legends, players and said you don’t even focus on the games when they’re on. In what world am I not a better fan than you?
Maybe fans like myself should be wearing a star on their arm to distinguish themselves from superior fans like yourself.

Pickle85

Well the signs aren't good and let me explain why. At Lausanne the major culprit of the mess was Bob Ratcliffe. The guy was given power solely because he came from the same ball sack Jim came out from. When INEOs bought Nice they conceded that mistakes were made there and that they are ready to ratify them. Guess who was made president of Nice? Yep Bob. He was moved again btw this time as head of football

Not all. This summer mess was largely done due to an audit done by Dave Brailsford who for some strange reason SJR think that he understand football even though he has never worked in the industry (a bit like a real life Ted Lasso). The DOF was sacked, Moody was brought in to help and Nice was stocked by a transfer strategy of largely EPL washed up players that the manager didn't know about. Guess who came to visit OT alongside SJR? Yep Lass erm Brailsford.

But let's say we ignore all that. To use Howson's analogy would you trust your dog to someone whose got a history of animal abuse? I doubt it.

Quite frankly I respect INEOS far more then most pro SJR fans do. While they didn't spent alot of dosh there, I believe that they really tried to make their sport projects work (ex they built a 20k stadium at Lausanne). Its just that football isn't their thing. Very few people can be experts on everything. Its rare for someone to be an expert on one thing let alone many.

I never said that the Glazers are moral paragons but from a moral point of view they are better then INEOS. At least they don't ruin the environment the way INEOs does. I'd say football wise they are pretty much at the same level if not slightly better. At least they don't hire Darcy as CEO and order Mike Tyson to do audits about the club.
At the moment Ratcliffe only seems like an upgrade on the Glazers due to this utterly ridiculous fantasy that it would mean we could spend Ineos's revenues on building a new stadium and buying players.
I'll happily admit that my reason for preferring SJR to the glazers is based on simple wanting the club's reins out of Glazer hands based on what they've done with the club so far. I would prefer either him or the Glazers to SJ though.

Dev, the bolded is a bit silly. Firstly conflating SJR the person with INEOS the corporate entity and then secondly comparing the company INEOS' environmental record with the individual Glazers'. Talk about apples and oranges. Also, the reason that the environment has suddenly become so all important to Qatar's supporters is because that's the main stick to beat SJR with. Conveniently ignoring Qatar's own spanking environmental record.

@stw2022 are you saying that it's entirely inconceivable that a SJR takeover could mean that more is spent on the stadium and less is taken out of the club then? If so, why?

devilish

I'll happily admit that my reason for preferring SJR to the glazers is based on simple wanting the club's reins out of Glazer hands based on what they've done with the club so far. I would prefer either him or the Glazers to SJ though.

Dev, the bolded is a bit silly. Firstly conflating SJR the person with INEOS the corporate entity and then secondly comparing the company INEOS' environmental record with the individual Glazers'. Talk about apples and oranges. Also, the reason that the environment has suddenly become so all important to Qatar's supporters is because that's the main stick to beat SJR with. Conveniently ignoring Qatar's own spanking environmental record.

@stw2022 are you saying that it's entirely inconceivable that a SJR takeover could mean that more is spent on the stadium and less is taken out of the club then? If so, why?
We're being bought by INEOs mate not SJR. Secondly INEOS is owned by essentially three people (all of whom visited United) with SJR being the biggest shareholder by far (2/3 of the company shares). SJR and INEOs are essentially the same

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

There's more drivel than that too, over the years. He's clearly anti British, so his hatred for SJR didn't surprise me one bit. If I had to guess one poster who would be against him, it would have been devilish. Easiest call ever made.

Pickle85

Fair play. We both want the best for the club, I'm sure, we just differ on what that is.

Pickle85

We're being bought by INEOs mate not SJR. Secondly INEOS is owned by essentially three people (all of whom visited United) with SJR being the biggest shareholder by far (2/3 of the company shares). SJR and INEOs are essentially the same
But you keep comparing 'The Glazers' with INEOS which is like comparing Bill Gates with Nike.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
It’s becoming evident that SJ doesn’t represent the Qatari state. They would win if he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.