Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
John Reece and Andy Currie I believe and they have that because Sir Jim have them 20% they are not in a position to tell him what to do.
Yes I think I've posted those names a few times in the thread. Jim is basically INEOS but we should be clear that it's not 100% him.

AneRu

Looks like SJR will win the bid and it's not surprising given how badly the Qatari group seems to have misread the room, they needed to convince the Glazers first but however targeted the fans with their pledged investment, which was all good but meant sweet f.a to the Glazers. The only thing those promises achieved was to alienate the Glazers by sort of pointing out their neglect.

The funny thing is that United generate in excess of £600m a year when they are mired in midtable mediocrity, they don't need those pledged investments as much as a Newcastle would. If the Glazer acquisition debt is removed United can borrow and build a new stadium or renovate one and service that debt comfortably. We are amongst the biggest spenders in Europe. So why not remove 300m from the promised investment to get the deal done? Maybe the money was never really there?

Sir Jim smartly realized that you don't need to get the fans on side right now, you need to make a deal and deal with the fans later. I'm sure they have big plans for the club and will communicate them after the deal is sealed and delivered.

lsd

The Oracle
Yes I think I've posted those names a few times in the thread. Jim is basically INEOS but we should be clear that it's not 100% him.

Yes but he has made them billionaires and the only issue I could see them having is one of them is a Sunderland fan.

The point is money will not be an problem for him and he is nothing like the Glazers. He doesn't need United to live well

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Strange how Jimmy came out a few months before the sale saying how the glazers are great people and now he’s getting in bed with them.

‘Ratcliffe has previously hailed the Glazers and, last year, insisted they were the 'nicest people'. "Manchester United is owned by the Glazer family whom I have met,” he stated at the time. "I've met Joel and Avram and they are the nicest people, I have to say, they are proper gentlemen.”
Seems bizarre doesn't it.
You'd think a guy trying to conduct a deal with them would be slagging them off profusely.

Chief123

you want me to repeat myself ? "Just stop Gas & oil " We are Man utd" "down with that sort of thing."
To be frank with you, I haven’t got a fecking clue wtf your previous post meant but it was nice meeting you.

RedDevilQuebecois

More absolute conjecture based on nothing but a nightmare scenario created in your own defeatist mind, must be a joy to live with.
Brexit has fecked up the United Kingdom. This is what happens when you rely on single-minded people (like the cnuts Farage, May and BoJo) without a solid facts-based plan nor a deeper touch with reality.

Having seen and read what is said about Nice and Lausanne, Jim clearly embodies the shitshow known as Brexit.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It's ok, a lot of people make it wrong. It should primarily be made using McIntosh apples with the skin on. I believe most Americans used peeled Granny Smith apples which I'm not a big fan of, either.
The main issue with apple pies here is that they use a lot of cinnamon - yuk!

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Yes, a good pie should only have a little bit. Lots of folks go overboard with it. It's an apple pie not a cinnamon pie.
Whilst we're on the subject of desserts, what's with the fake cream shit, we had some cake the other day, turned out it was a black forest gateau - I had no idea, tasted nothing like the ones I've had before

Marcelinho87

Brexit has fecked up the United Kingdom. This is what happens when you rely on single-minded people (like the cnuts Farage, May and BoJo) without a solid facts-based plan nor a deeper touch with reality.

Having seen and read what is said about Nice and Lausanne, Jim clearly embodies the shitshow known as Brexit.
BoJo was a remainer just chasing the coin and saying whatever to appease so he got his way... Man made a career out of lying.

Widow

Oh ffs

George The Best

Still a lot of wrangling to go on with the Ineos bid I think. Under the current Articles of Association any shares he buys would revert to Class A shares. Any Glazer’s that remain would retain class B shares. Doesn’t need much dissent amongst the siblings to stop this being changed.

Dr. Dwayne

Still a lot of wrangling to go on with the Ineos bid I think. Under the current Articles of Association any shares he buys would revert to Class A shares. Any Glazer’s that remain would retain class B shares. Doesn’t need much dissent amongst the siblings to stop this being changed.
Yes, but it would be illogical for those articles to go unchanged in a deal where someone acquires control of the club.

Now, tell us about your favourite dessert.

cyberman

To be fair the angle that Jim is further along could simply be down to this. There’s every chance his bid is a shit show to present without Glazer input as to how it’s structured etc and it needs haggling to even be considered a bid.

MarkoDolohov

Legit the only reason I loathe him is over Brexit. Kutha advocates for it whilst moving his wealth abroad - like if you believe in it so much suffer the consequences but no thats only for plebs like us. The whole Failsworth thing is a meme anyway, harami didn't even finish primary school up here before focking off somewhere else at age 10

Eddy_JukeZ

Honestly I'd be completely fine with Ratcliffe were it not for his prior history of his other clubs that he's owned.

It's honestly a shit-show and he'll have to show a gargantuan improvement here in running a club.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Looks like SJR will win the bid and it's not surprising given how badly the Qatari group seems to have misread the room, they needed to convince the Glazers first but however targeted the fans with their pledged investment, which was all good but meant sweet f.a to the Glazers. The only thing those promises achieved was to alienate the Glazers by sort of pointing out their neglect.

The funny thing is that United generate in excess of £600m a year when they are mired in midtable mediocrity, they don't need those pledged investments as much as a Newcastle would. If the Glazer acquisition debt is removed United can borrow and build a new stadium or renovate one and service that debt comfortably. We are amongst the biggest spenders in Europe. So why not remove 300m from the promised investment to get the deal done? Maybe the money was never really there?

Sir Jim smartly realized that you don't need to get the fans on side right now, you need to make a deal and deal with the fans later. I'm sure they have big plans for the club and will communicate them after the deal is sealed and delivered.
The winner of this round goes into the next round of negotiations as they fine tune the deal. Would you want to fine tune the deal with someone who has already shown themselves to be penny pinching or with the party which has stated they have a billion dollars to play with?

Dr. Dwayne

I've no idea what it was, I've never seen fresh cream for sale in a supermarket despite having 20+ varieties of milk!
Oh strange. We have lots of different creams up here. 10%, 18% I think I've even seen 35%. The advantage of cool whip is it doesn't melt or spoil as easily because it's made of coconut and palm oil. It also freezes well without affecting the texture.

I wouldn't buy it because of the palm oil, mind you, but lots of people use it.

Dr. Dwayne

Only needs one of the siblings to vote against.

Tiramisu
Could be (trusting you have a familiarity with said articles) although I'd imagine that would scupper the deal pretty quickly. And I think we all agree that four of the siblings appear to definitely want out.

No one would spend billions with the intent to acquire control and still allow Joel and Avram's B shares to rule the roost.

Tiramisu is a nice one.

Status
Not open for further replies.