Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Why do people keep saying this? You don’t have to click on the thread. Go out and enjoy the sun, sip on a cocktail, listen to a podcast, eat ice cream…

The sale gets done when it gets done. This thread being open or closed makes no difference to that.
Much easier to do if it can be accessed

Woodzy

Quick, how can I say something to get traffic to my channel without giving any information at all
He probably said the exact same thing about two weeks ago as well, like most other journalists. It’s ridiculous how on the fence they are all sitting to try and pretend they know something and to stay relevant.

Swedish_Plumber

Why do people keep saying this? You don’t have to click on the thread. Go out and enjoy the sun, sip on a cocktail, listen to a podcast, eat ice cream…

The sale gets done when it gets done. This thread being open or closed makes no difference to that.
It’s just the same arguments over and over again. Locking it spares everyone of that. A little mercy for those who don’t realise they’ve argued the same points a million times, too.

Woziak

I’d give them the benefit of a chance as I believe they have been trying to fast track PSG into the historical European elite and they are slowly realising you can’t just money barrel everything, prestige, fanbase, respect etc takes generations.

United have already made that jump through the rich history, so I’d expect them to treat it a little different.

Both educated guesses and we will probs get an amalgamation of both. City is the model to beat but is the model really that good or is it just the man at the helm, pep.
Yep that argument doesn’t stack up for City, it took them 15 years to win a Treble and they won 7 out of those 15 Domestic titles, since the new owners have been in charge 2 CL finals to PSG record is probably better domestically 9 titles from 12 in their 12 years but only one CL final which they lost and 2 CL SF’s they clearly see that the competition from the PL makes the team even better and they want that exposure. We all know this is as much a state bid as Newcastles is and maybe the new football battleground is fought by rich clubs owned by Middle East states. Potentially having 3 in the PL maybe is the only way to make it competitive.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
No problemo my friend! i have forwarded your email to them :D

Sure, just let me give the Nigerian bank all of my personal information and i will send a offer for Rice when i get my money transfered to me! :D:cool:
Correction: it's no nigun problemo

Nicolarra90

Yeah serialy winning a league where a third of the wage bill is just PSG. Anyone could do that with the amount of money they've spent. If you spend 10 times what your rivals do of course you're going to win, it's hardly an achievement. It actually reflects badly on them that they haven't won it every year since Qatar took over.

Paris is the biggest hotbed of young talent in Europe yet how many of them play or have played for PSG's first team?

How have they done in Europe after 15 years of investing billions?

At any point have they even looked like they have a solid hardworking team that plays with a particular philosophy/style or is it just a Galactico policy where big names are signed regardless of whether or not they fit into the manager/teams philosophy and style of play?

They haven't been ran well in my opinion. The Mbappe fiasco last year highlights that.
They've never had a world class manager to be fair.

RopersReturn

I found a 2021 article from the States about the Glazers' refusal to speak to the press even when their NFL team had just reached the Super Bowl. They've maintained this stance for decades. As for that apology, I think he wrote that with a gun at his head. UEFA carry a lot more clout than the NFL.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/man-utd-fans-hate-the-glazers-what-about-tampa-bay-bucs-fans-273828
It appears their elusiveness isn’t just restricted to our supporters. Interesting article, thank you.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The lack of information coming out almost certainly means the deal is done. Everything we ever had was strategic leaking. Now it is a closed process.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Quick, how can I say something to get traffic to my channel without giving any information at all
:lol: Shameless cretin.

This guy’s behaviour during this ‘Sale’ has been unbelievable.

He literally knows nothing more than any muppet in here - in fact, it’s entirely possible he knows less than some.

Complete grifter.

Nero

The lack of information coming out almost certainly means the deal is done. Everything we ever had was strategic leaking. Now it is a closed process.
If it were close to being done I would think the loser would be briefing some face-saving narrative.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
:lol: Shameless cretin.

This guy’s behaviour during this ‘Sale’ has been unbelievable.

He literally knows nothing more than any muppet in here - in fact, it’s entirely possible he knows less than some.

Complete grifter.
He’s a Chelsea piece of shit is what he is.

glazed

If it were close to being done I would think the loser would be briefing some face-saving narrative.
I imagine INEOS feels like the Qatar offer is flakey and could collapse under due dilligence scrutiny so best to bide time and act professionally until it is game over.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The anger of some posters :lol:

Same lot who probably had a massive wank over Reuters news that basically said nothing.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
The anger of some posters :lol:

Same lot who probably had a massive wank over Reuters news that basically said nothing.
I don’t think either side hold the high ground when it comes to reactions to news that is negative about their preferred bid to be honest.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'd love to believe this, but given how long this has dragged out, am not convinced its done yet. There's still probably some behind the scenes haggling going on.

Acquire Me

I'd love to believe this, but given how long this has dragged out, am not convinced its done yet. There's still probably some behind the scenes haggling going on.
@glazed got a point.The silence might actually be that things are one the way. I have seen exactly the same with other deals, though in a much smaller scale.

glazed

No doubt there is - tax dodges and such like. They won't cut INEOS loose till it's all wrapped in in a bow.

The only real question for me is whether INEOS were ever real bidders or just co-operative stalking horses. My guess is somewhere inbetween.

glazed

‘Help us milk an extra billi out of these Qatari’s and we’ll pay for your season ticket at the Bridge for 10 years’.
Something dodgy you'd have to figure. SJR must know he couldn't outbid Qatar.

Morpheus 7

Ben Jacobs is hilarious, he's literally said nothing since this has started. He's not stopped on Twitter, fan channels. Mr ITK, given nothing on this sale. No decision made Jacobs, bluffer.

Nicolarra90

Ancelotti?

Tuchel?

Emery?
Did not remember a Ancelloti to be fair, but what was his team back then? That seems to me like even pre Zlatan or Cavani.

The other two are good / great managers but not world class in my books.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Something dodgy you'd have to figure. SJR must know he couldn't outbid Qatar.
Unless the turds wanna stay attached… in which case it’s Jassim that’s been used to get a favourable deal out of Rat.

Which is easily just as plausible given the weird way they’ve supposedly stayed open to two completely polar opposite deals.

God, they’re fecking toxic aren’t they.

Just feck off. Please, please just feck off.

You’ve done enough damage, you caused enough ruin, and you’ve taken more than you deserve. Just please let the Glazers feck off.

glazed

Unless the turds wanna stay attached… in which case it’s Jassim that’s been used to get a favourable deal out of Rat.
Big picture the Glazers run on credit and that ran out when interest rates went up. They're cashing out to the highest bidder and always have been.

Moriarty

It appears their elusiveness isn’t just restricted to our supporters. Interesting article, thank you.
Yes, and it explains the lack of credible stories about the sale. I would imagine the Glazers have 'advised' the other parties to keep their traps shut too, hence the rampant speculation. When all this is over and they've gone, there will be a lot of books written about their time at United.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Remember the new owners decided by the end of March? March gone April gone May gone and now June is almost gone. If there’s one word to define parasites, it’s the Glazers. It’s incredible the extent to which they don’t give a feck about this great club. You would think being the owners and profiting for almost 2 decades, they would atleast not put the next season into jeopardy after destroying us bit by bit season after season but no, the absolute scum would rather see us burn if it meant extra £2m for them. I don’t ill wish on anyone but these filthy people are really testing me.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Remember the new owners decided by the end of March? March gone April gone May gone and now June is almost gone. If there’s one word to define parasites, it’s the Glazers. It’s incredible the extent to which they don’t give a feck about this great club. You would think being the owners and profiting for almost 2 decades, they would atleast not put the next season into jeopardy after destroying us bit by bit season after season but no, the absolute scum would rather see us burn if it meant extra £2m for them. I don’t ill wish on anyone but these filthy people are really testing me.
Well the upside is the longer they take, the higher the likelihood they won't be staying in any form or capacity.

So which do you prefer?

Coops73

Not really I actually preferred SJR until he said he wanted to keep the Glazers, use more debt to buy the club, his vast wealth is tied up in his 65% ownership of INEOS but he would have to take out loans and bonds to buy the club, plus his ownership of Nice and how unpopular he is there doesn’t fill me or most united fans with overwhelming confidence I’m
Not enamoured by SJ either but at least you know he wants to pay the debt, invest in the stadium and infrastructure using his own/Fathers money, and wants the club to win again.
What the feck are you talking about you mad man.

The bit I bolded was the part where you claimed an inevitable recession for the uk.?

The IMF has predicted the Uk was heading into recession for the last 2/3 quarters and they got it wrong.

Woziak

What the feck are you talking about you mad man.

The bit I bolded was the part where you claimed an inevitable recession for the uk.?

The IMF has predicted the Uk was heading into recession for the last 2/3 quarters and they got it wrong.
So you don’t think SJR is borrowing the money to attempt to buy the club and you don’t think he would do a deal with the Devil(The Glazers) just to make a vanity purchase.

INEOS are a worldwide company and it’s quite possible there will be a downturn in the world economy in the next 5 years. Now if SJR wants to cash out that £28bn wealth and become liquid and show us he’s only interested in the club, he’s got my vote but looking at his previous attempt with Nice , I’m just not all that confident you sane perfectly normal thinking Adult !

(See there’s a much better way of actually being nice and making a point, it’s also perfectly ok for two united fans to love the club and have completely different views on the way it runs and the players that play for the club.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Well the upside is the longer they take, the higher the likelihood they won't be staying in any form or capacity.

So which do you prefer?
As in the owners? I was initially SJR in but I became really skeptical about his plans, taking on loans, the debt and refinancing of it. Rather SJ than SJR. Not entirely happy with either of them to be honest but out of the two i prefer SJ now. Seeing city winning the treble was the last straw.

Status
Not open for further replies.